Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 253132333435

You know who else will be missing along with other mutants? Me

Quote Originally Posted by Will of the Geeks View Post
    I love that Lemire knows he's bad at team books and is willing to admit it. I loved the first arc of Justice League United, but the second was just garbage, and I'm STILL not sure why it had to exist. It's why I'm not putting this on my standing order (as well as the art). I trust him to get Old Man Logan right, especially since he's working with Sorrentino again, but this? I'll give it a go, but I'm on the fence about pretty much everything about this series, from general premise to writer to artist to line-up. I hope it's good, and at the very least it seems a DIRECTION exists, unlike with Bendis' run, so who knows, maybe this is the kick the X-books need.
    I agree wholeheartedly! I so wish that Lemire can breath some new life into the X-Men as a whole but I'm reserved and only cautiously optimistic at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    We could've had Remender on the flag-ship X-Men book. Oh man, I'm both hyped and scared as to how THAT would've went. He would've brought back Cassandra Nova as the X-Men leader.
    Wait, is this a joke or an actual thing he had planned? And if it's the latter where did you hear that?

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    i think lemire will have a hard time convincing some people he's not the next bendis when it comes to team books being iffy quality
    Gotta admit that I'm one of those people. While I'm hopeful that Lemire will deliver I'm still a bit on the edge since Bendis also seemed to have a solid direction for the X-Men planned when we got the first interviews from him so you never know...

Quote Originally Posted by RCX View Post
    And me too, if the books end up being as directionless as Bendis books were or if they feature Inhumans too heavily. I have a long list of back issues to go through anyway and then I'll probably try to move over to DC or some other publisher if Marvel fails me again. This is their last shot to wow me with their X-Men stories.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by RCX View Post
    I like that!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by NightWarrior View Post
    OMG, Guys, Ramos is saying that according to Lemire this comic is called "X-Men" but it really is "Magik's book"
    She is essential and important to the story considering what Ramos drew so far.
    And I absolutely hate her, so despite Colossus and Kurt there's nothing here for me.
    I really wish they hadn't scattered the X Men the way they have..if I want Rogue I also have to get the Avengers, and now apparently Extraordinary is going to be about one of my least favourite X Men.

Niffleheim

I was soooo happy when i learned that the roster in the Amazing X-Men will be continuing here but every interview Lemire has given he seems to make it clear that only Magik is his entry point to this story and Colosus is just a device to further Magik's story along. Now Ramos is confirming this. OK then - so my fear has been realized. I'll pass on this book.
    Last edited by Tofali; 08-17-2015 at 01:17 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Spectacular Member

Lemire focusing a lot on Magik honestly makes me significantly more excited for this. I enjoyed his earlier work as well which helps.

I'm really looking forward to it myself. Seeing Old Man Logan interact with old friends like Piotr, Kurt and Ororo--after what he did to them in his reality--should be interesting. And I find Magik interesting as well, so I'm all about this title.

It's kind of understandable: a team book that is focusing on one star-character whilst everyone plays ball around said character...Hmm, now where have we seen that before ??
    It sucks doubly when you're mildly indifferent or downright dislike said star-character.
    And it seems more and more like Magik is heading down this path as well...
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."