Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

I'm intrigued. I like "Extraordinary" and think its fits well. The cast looks decent. The writer gave a decent interview and shows his passion for the characters. But that ART. I can't have a book with a good writer AND good art... like ever. I don't HATE Ramos, his work on Spidey seems more fitting, but here not so much. Not to mention LAND is back.... AGAIN. Stop Marvel. Stop.

I wonder where Emma is in this new world.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    If the name allows Bunn to continue the story he is been telling in Magneto (the best book in the X-Men line, imo) without worrying about sales, I'm completely okay with Uncanny X-Men existing.
    Same here!
    XMenGold XMenBlue GenX Cable Iceman AstonishingXMen UncannyAvengers SpectacularSpiderMan SecretWarriors DoctorStrange
    TheFlash Nightwing Supersons TeenTitans Aquaman Deathstroke WildStorm Saga Wicked+Divine Low Descender KillorbeKilled SeventoEternity

Very excited for this. I actually like Ramos' art & I love the team members.

Plus Magik

I don't know what's worse the art or the outfits. He even screwed up Magiks hair.

Lousy Inhuman bastards, go leech off somebody else.

Stupid gay Iceman will never get killed off now.
    Last edited by All-New Valar Stercus NOW.1; 06-29-2015 at 02:49 PM.
    Game Over man! Game Over!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Optic Rage! View Post
    We know that Cyclops will be showing up in Uncanny Inhumans, and obviously something serious went down between him and their leadership. Do we think whatever happened to him happened to Emma too?
    Emma left scott, we see her in #600 and we'll have to wait what that gives. Scott and Havok went to create something which BMB never gave us.

So now we got confirmation of some of the Bleeding Cool rumors, plus a few details. Near as we can tell, mutants aren't being forced to leave the planet. That said, the part about the Terrigen Mists affecting mutants was accurate. So I guess the whole mutant/Inhuman conflict is going to be key moving forward. I'm sure that's going to fuel plenty of conspiracy theories about Marvel trying to stick it to Fox over the movie rights. I'm pretty sure that's going to be a secondary concern in the long run.

But it's the revelation about Cyclops and the other heavy hitters that has me both curious and concerned. For him and other mutants to disappear sort of presents a problem from a character development point of view. Whenever Marvel (or DC for that matter) takes a character off the table without really explaining it, they tend to use that as an excuse to completely ditch all the development that character has accrued in recent years. Cyclops, after AvX, was supposed to be on the path to redemption. And if he disappears, then that says to me that Marvel's going to end up glossing over all the development he's had over the course of the past few years. That would be a real waste of how his character has developed. Personally, I would rather see him leading this team because his story feels so incomplete right now. Ditching him after Secret War just seems like a way to avoid completing that story. Then again, I've been wrong before.

I love Lemire's take on Jean Grey. I agree that she should be the heart of Xavier's dream. She's always embodied it in her own special way and I think it makes sense to put her in the center of this struggle. That said, I don't like the new uniform. Her old one was much better. But that's just petty on my part. If she can be part of a great story, then I'm all for it.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Lemire's team books in the past have been poor and I like that he acknowledges that in the interview, but he also acknowledged that he wasn't happy with his JLD work in interviews before JLU and that didn't actually make that book work either, so it's wait and see for me.

I was impressed that he mentioned his somewhat disappointing runs on JLD and JLU. You very rarely hear creators admit projects where they felt they did a poor job or didn't live up to expectations. I'm not the biggest fan of the team he put together, but I like his attitude going into the title.

Yea, this does not even slightly interest me. I don't like the line-up, hate the costumes, dislike the Joe Madureira-ish artwork style. God, this is why I truly hope with every fiber of my being that X-fans support the "X-Men '92" book and don't piss away this one last chance to have the real X-Men published again. As long as Marvel keeps that book around, they keep me around. But if books like this are the alternative and "X-Men '92" disappears, so will I.

Amazing Member

Ah, that's good. Another Marvel title not to buy anymore, and my subsciption list already got thin around Shism...

Looks like they just threw together what they have left on mutants and made a book out of it.

I like Lemire and Ramos so I might be picking this one up.
    I've been craving an X-Men book but the ones Marvel's been putting out haven't really been holding my attention. :/
    Be nice to have one on my pull list again tho.

BANNED

Never been much of a fan of Ramos' work, but from what I've seen of his recent Spider-Man output, his art seems to be on an upswing. (And, FWIW, I'm pretty sure the art accompanying the blurb about Ramos having last drawn the X-Men during Carey's run is by Chris Bachalo.) Aside from that damned mohawk, this might be one of the best looks Storm's had in a while. Can't say the same about the rest; not sure why Jean is (A) wearing a mask or (B) holding onto Logan's arm like she's helping him cross the street.

Some ugly ass art, but if I can weather Kordey and Bachalo, I can weather this, just please be gud Lemire.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

This sounds badass. And the mention of ramos, and action scene I can't wait. I'm glad for a proper team book. I'm all for a little less of teachers and more superhero action.

Cast wise hell yess..this is the X-Men. The classic all new all different cast, Magik and classic o5 in iceman.

Teen Jean looks awesome in her design and Old Man Logan will be a great dynamic. This will be great. X-Men is looking up
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I love Lemire's take on Jean Grey. I agree that she should be the heart of Xavier's dream. She's always embodied it in her own special way and I think it makes sense to put her in the center of this struggle. That said, I don't like the new uniform. Her old one was much better. But that's just petty on my part. If she can be part of a great story, then I'm all for it.
    Wearing a mask while going without codename is weird... lol