Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

Default "Your friendly neighbourhood just got bigger”.

Like him. Love him. Despise him - it looks like the Dan man is here to stay according to Bleeding Cool's infodump today. Guess we'll see confirmation and details on Wednesday. The writer that penned TWO #1 issues of The Amazing Spider-Man.

Amazing Spider-Man #1 by Dan Slott and Giuseppe Camuncoli #1 “Your friendly neighbourhood just got bigger”.

I hope he writes the same Spider-Man as he did in Renew your vows post secret wars.
    Last edited by mysterio1989; 06-29-2015 at 06:31 PM.

Because this is "All New All Different". Was really hoping for a fresh team.

Wonder if them talking about how the friendly neighborhood getting bigger could point towards Annie being around still and Peter raising her in addition to being Spider-Man.

BANNED

Well, looks like Peter is confirmed to have his own book

I think it's way past time for a new creative team on Amazing, but if Slott can keep up the quality of RYV in terms of story and characterization, I can live with him remaining on the book for a little while longer. He still has to deal with the Osborn story and Doc Ock's secret plan after all .

I don't know why there was ever a doubt.... As if Marvel didn't confirm it many many times already.

There other news in the article is bigger IMO... Spidey 2099 is coming back... With a new costume?

Happy with the creative team, although I'd rather have a different title or have this kickoff with Amazing Spider-Man #750.

That's a relatively minor quibble.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

LOL It wasn't that long ago that we got a number one Amazing Spider-Man issue. Ah well it's good to know there'll be a Spider-Man book at least.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    LOL It wasn't that long ago that we got a number one Amazing Spider-Man issue. Ah well it's good to know there'll be a Spider-Man book at least.
    And I'm sure we'll be seeing more... Like Marvel said, they are going for more of a "TV seasons" publication format, so annual reboots will probably be the norm going forward.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Knew this was coming. Been on the fence about bendis spidey. But this? He'll yeah slot and cammocoli are an amazing team. Plus Peter in the staring role and bot just a mentor hell yeah
    X-Men Forever

I look forward to learning more about this title
    Could be one of the big winners come Fall

Quote Originally Posted by Probalus View Post
    I don't know why there was ever a doubt.... As if Marvel didn't confirm it many many times already.

There other news in the article is bigger IMO... Spidey 2099 is coming back... With a new costume?
    I'm happy Miguel would be back in the future, his best issues were #6-7, 9-10, where Miguel was in his own time, plus the past is too crowded with Spidermen. I just wished they would move up the year, like call it Spiderman 2100.(with all that happened in the 90's run and recently, 2099 is a really long year.)

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Knew this was coming. Been on the fence about bendis spidey. But this? He'll yeah slot and cammocoli are an amazing team. Plus Peter in the staring role and bot just a mentor hell yeah
    And I guess the anti-Ramos crowd should also be happy that he's on a different book now.

Camuncoli deserves the #1 artist moniker though. His drastic improvements certainly warrant it.

I'll just quote myself here from another thread on the same topic:
    Oh, for christ's sake. Oh well, guess I can spend that money elsewhere then.

Honestly, it feels like Slott has appointed himself the arbiter of Spider-Man's character, between tearing down virtually everything that other writers set up (other than the stuff that's truly bulletproof like Aunt May or Mary Jane) and wheeling out his own creations and telling us to love them instead. Which only makes me hate his writing more. Plus I just googled Camuncoli's art, and while it's better than Ramos', it doesn't seem like much of an improvement to me.

Seems like Spidey stopped being for me around 2007-which is unfortunate, since that's when I actually got into comics. Thanks, Marvel.

Plus it looks like Parker industries is still kicking around-because that's what makes Peter relatable, being a CEO of a company like a cut-price Tony Stark, while still acting like an immature jackass who ducks his responsibilities and leaves other people to tidy up the mess.

Honstly I'm not sure if there's anything that could make me buy this book with this creative team at all. The Dan Slott who's writing this reads like the guy that the Dan Slott who wrote Spider-Man/Human Torch and all those GLA issues was lampooning.