Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Default Wanna know what happened to most X-Men and Mutanrs?

The fates for Cable, Cyclops, Colossus, Emma, Rachel, Havok and the such? You must buy Inhumans to maybe find out 20 issues in!

Buy Inhumans!

Buy it now!

Ugh....

I'm sure Marvel thinks this will help Inhuman sales when in reality it's just gonna anger the much larger X-Men fanbase who will simply buy the X-Books or just wait til an X-Book that caters to them in the future.

Now I know Rogue fans are the only reason that Uncanny Avengers was barely above life support but I doubt too many Rogue fans bought into that or numbers would be much higher.

So what is Marvel's aim here if they already know from experience that angering X-Fans doesn't translate into getting most of them into buying non-X Books?

Colossus is in the new Extraordinary X-Men book.

Incredible Member idisestablish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    The fates for Cable, Cyclops, Colossus, Emma, Rachel, Havok and he such? You must buy Inhumans to maybe find out 20 issues in!

Buy Inhunans!

Buy it now!

Ugh....

I'm sure Marvel thinks this will help Inhuman sales when in reality it's just gonna anger the much larger X-Men fanbase who will simply buy the X-Books or just wait til an X-Book that caters to them in the future.

Now I know Rogue fans are the only reason that Uncanny Avengers was barely above life support but I doubt too many Rogue fans bought into that or numbers would be much higher.

So what is Marvel's aim here if they already know from experience that angering X-Fans doesn't translate into getting most of them into buying non-X Books?
    Lol, Uncanny Avengers is one of my favorite books, but I read it in spite of Rogue, certainly not because of her. I started reading it for Havok and Scarlet Witch. Now that Rogue's team leader and most of my favorites have left the team, I'm considering dropping it. But the "and more" at the end of the roster has me interested. I'll give it a chance.

Did they specifically say that you have to read Inhumans to find out their fates or is this conjecture? Just wondering if I missed an announcement since there were so many today.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Did they specifically say that you have to read Inhumans to find out their fates or is this conjecture? Just wondering if I missed an announcement since there were so many today.
    I believe hes merely emphasizing how Marvel wants Inhumans to be the new x-men. Naturally that targets the x-men audience.... so they put them in the same sorts of books to try and get crossover, and will keep baiting x-fans along with the intention of converting them.

The more likely scenario of course is for x-men fans to just resent Inhumans or Marvel itself.

BANNED

I seriously doubt Marvel expect that many people to buy Inhumans to find out what happened to Rachel tbh.

Cable, Cyclops, Emma? Sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Colossus is in the new Extraordinary X-Men book.
    Huh.

I expect little from him there but that's nice to know.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cwatz View Post
    The more likely scenario of course is for x-men fans to just resent Inhumans or Marvel itself.
    Wait, I thought we were already there.

Quote Originally Posted by Optic Rage! View Post
    I seriously doubt Marvel expect that many people to buy Inhumans to find out what happened to Rachel tbh.

Cable, Cyclops, Emma? Sure.
    Rachel has more fans than you think. She's at the very least a b-lister, if Marvel ever let her our of the comics she would be higher.

Come on everyone. Let's all cry about Rachel not being featured again. Everyone? Oh. No. Just one?

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cwatz View Post
    I believe hes merely emphasizing how Marvel wants Inhumans to be the new x-men. Naturally that targets the x-men audience.... so they put them in the same sorts of books to try and get crossover, and will keep baiting x-fans along with the intention of converting them.

Well with how different the X-Men have become I suspect Marvel is trying to convert the X-Men readers into Inhuman readers and just manufacture a whole new demographic by throwing the old continuity and status quo into a blender and pouring it out on a plate of random goodness.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maniacal View Post
    Come on everyone. Let's all cry about Rachel not being featured again. Everyone? Oh. No. Just one?
    I've already made my peace with Rachel being gone in the hands of clueless writers several years ago lol. I think it was called WATXM, then Wood on X-Men sealed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    The fates for Cable, Cyclops, Colossus, Emma, Rachel, Havok and the such? You must buy Inhumans to maybe find out 20 issues in!

Buy Inhumans!

Buy it now!

Ugh....

You are completely right... i feel they want to sell inhumans to X fans... something tells me they will do a cross over between the few X books and inhumans, in a way that you don't understand what the hell is happening if you don't buy all the tittles!!!

In my case I'm worried about many of my favorites characters, no information about them after SW...

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    I've already made my peace with Rachel being gone in the hands of clueless writers several years ago lol. I think it was called WATXM, then Wood on X-Men sealed it.
    And add that she always been in the shadow of her parents... they finish making her more Jean daughter or Cyclops daughter than herself... I hate when they stop developing a character with so much potential and also they make them their parents mini me or they only exist as their children and not as themselves!!!

Jokes on you!
    I've been reading X-Men and Inhumans already and I'll be reading X-Men and Inhumans after SW.

Does that mean I'm not a real X-Men fan? /s

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Wait, I thought we were already there.
    lol touche. Im sure you know what I mean.

Well with how different the X-Men have become I suspect Marvel is trying to convert the X-Men readers into Inhuman readers and just manufacture a whole new demographic by throwing the old continuity and status quo into a blender and pouring it out on a plate of random goodness.
    Naturally. People just come with a lot of brand loyalty and get defensive over things they are passionate about. Marvel is playing Russian roulette here. If the gambit works they boost up a new property. If not, Inhumans will be plastered with a ridiculous amount of hate.