Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I wanna be your lover... emac1790's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tron View Post
    Some people are still interested in what is going on in the state of comics. Even when i drop a book, like lets say thor ,because i'm not interested in the current plot I still check up on posts to see whats going on in case i possibly want to return in the future. people can still not pay 4 bucks a month for a year on one comic and still be interested in a return to it at somepoint
    Again, what does this have to do with what you quoted from me. I didn't say people are not going to be interested. And I didn't say people can't change their minds and come back to the comic.
    What U putting in your nose?
    Is that where all your money goes (Is that where your money goes)
    The river of addiction flows
    U think it's hot, but there won't be no water
    When the fire blows

First they came for the mutants, and I said nothing. Then they came for the chickens, and still I said nothing... -cyberhubbs

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spideyparker75 View Post
    Im really saying hello again hello (in poor Neil Diamond voice) after about 25 years away from marvel. Poor Parker appears to be going the Tony Stark/Bruce Wayne route in the new Amazing Spiderman. I always loved Parker as the photographer in love with MJ and fighting hobgoblin, Doc Ock etc etc but Ill give the new story a try.

If I dont like it, I dont like it but at least Ill have tried it out (and ANAD Avengers too)

EDIT Black Panthers in Ultimates. Damn you Marvel this ia another title Ill have to try.
    You happened to come back during a period of transition. Don't get discouraged. There's been some good stuff the last few years. You just won't
    hear much positivity at all around here. I was away a long time, too, so I understand why you're a little unsure of the direction they're going.
    But it'll be okay.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    I understand what you are saying and I am cutting a lot from my lists. They are pushing their movie properties too hard. Drax? Really? Guardians with that line up? Things change, I get that, but it doesn't mean I change too. It seems they are trying to hook new readers, which is what they need to do to survive, and trying to keep the older readers but I am not all that interested in what they are offering...I kind of feared that when they teased Secret Wars. I cut a lot of my marvel titles to nil and waited for it all to be over.
    Well, the Guardians lineup influenced the movie. And to me, Drax should have had a series long ago. I'm not too fond of Kitty being there (is that her?) but Thing is cool wherever you put him, imo. Wouldn't even mind him in an X-Book or with Strange.

Overall, I'm really liking what I see on the horizon more than the stuff I've put up with for the past decade. Some things not so much, but oh well.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    Good lord I just wish this would start already so we can stop getting drama queen posts in-between fear-mongering posts and "I HATE CHANGE" posts.
    Who's to say the complaints won't get worse? Complaints about Jane hasn't stop once her series started and arguly got worse as it went on.

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Well, the Guardians lineup influenced the movie. And to me, Drax should have had a series long ago. I'm not too fond of Kitty being there (is that her?) but Thing is cool wherever you put him, imo. Wouldn't even mind him in an X-Book or with Strange.

Overall, I'm really liking what I see on the horizon more than the stuff I've put up with for the past decade. Some things not so much, but oh well.
    It makes too much sense to not be kitty. Bendis loves her and Ben Grimm, and she's marrying Star-Lord.

To the OP, I say don't leave yet. There might be something for you, a bunch of books have been leaked but there are at least 15 being hidden.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    Totally agree. Satis-fries, my ass!
    It's all about the rings.
    Quote Originally Posted by William300 View Post
    I'm going to take a break from both Marvel and DC for a while, except for the X-MEN, I'll keep reading them.
    As much as I try to cut out Big Universe stuff, I just feel like there is a deep hole that nothing else can fill without some X-Men in my pull list, so I will probably be back in October for one or two X-books.

All-New Member

Just to be clear, I have nothing against the reboot, I agree that there are some fantastic art and writing teams and this is a perfect jumping on point for a lot of readers but for me it's a perfect jumping off point. It has been a great run but it's a run that has run its course (no pun intended) I'm just at a point where the money I am willing to spend on comics will now be directed at series that are unique and finite which appeals to me as both a collector and a fan of the medium.

Amazing Member

Image gets my monthly comic money. Marvel gets $70 from me once a year for a subscription to Marvel Unlimited.

Embrace waiting the 6 months to read Marvel and get the best of both worlds. You can cherry pick the series that have gotten good word of mouth, and ignore the ones that get bad reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Parnell View Post
    Since the age of 12 I have for the most part been a Marvel Zombie and it's been a great run (about to turn 41) With the relaunch, reboot, reset this fall I will for the first time in close to 30 years no longer be Making Mine Marvel. Don't get me wrong I have thoroughly enjoyed Secret Wars thus far and the spin off series have been top notch but I think I am at the point where I have simply lost the love for the characters that have entertained me these last few decades. In part it's my belief that everything has been said and done. In part it's also due to the rise of Image Comics and my perceived value of paying 2.99 for a comic like Saga vs 3.99 for Guardians of the Galaxy. I think finally it just comes down to the fact that I am really interested in stories that are finite. The collector in me will struggle with not buying into the relaunch but the fan in me says it's time to move on. Anyone else feel the same way?
    I feel you buddy. I'm leaving too. I'll still love Marvel, and will still support the wonderful MCU.. but not Marvel comics. Not like I used to. But I'm not giving up comics. I just will be buying Marvel very sparingly. A couple titles at most. They drove me away from being an avid reader. I even dropped the dreadful imo Secret Wars. And even though it's a glorified "what if", I'll likely finish out Future Imperfect tie-in. And I'll likely check out Dr. Strange because I'm a fan of Jason Aaron. See sparingly.

And maybe one day a few years from now when they reboot once again.. slow down on the events (one can dream right?) and Logan is back to being Wolverine and Bruce Banner is back to being the Hulk.. and they give Blade his own series again.. maybe I'll come back whole heartedly.

P.S. You mentioned Guardians of the Galaxy. Do you miss the spirit of the abnett and lanning 2008 run as much as me? Annihilation Conquest? That was great reading back then!
    Last edited by TheStrongestOne; 06-30-2015 at 01:07 PM.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    The "old fans" are making up for the fact that no one cared when they complained before the Internet. Now they have an audience.
    And we "old fans" will await our day of sweet Schadenfreude. When the industry eventually takes a turn the Millenials don't like, the whines will be ear-splitting.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Centipede Damascus View Post
    Sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how great Al Ewing's Ultimates and New Avengers books look. It's really distracting.
    Ultimates looks great because of Rocafort. New Avengers does not.
    "If I come back from the dead one more time I'll be seriously in danger of turning into some kind of walking cliche." - Jean Grey, Uncanny X-Men #284

Astonishing Member

There are ways to generate sales without the huge cost of relaunches. A series within a series is a better concept than cancelling an existing title just to bring back again with another #1 issue..

The #1 series should be a special event. And if Marvel wants to do a season, it should be a series within a series. Not the constant in your face moment.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMarvell View Post
    Its definitely temporary. If we've learned anything over the past few years with all the movie success is that they keep forcing the comics character to look like the movie ones. Avengers 3 and 4 are a long ways away, so they're switching things up, give the PC people a chance to see their favorite characters in the limelight and then bring back the good characters when the movies come out.
    Pray tell, what do you mean by "good characters," especially as juxtaposed with "the PC people's favorite characters"?

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    True.

We got too many folks that have an issue with WHO is being promoted versus the content of the books.

As we have seen by the possible leaks-Peter Parker is around and in at least 3-4 books.

Miles is in 2.

All this crying about shoving minorities in folks face and its seems the majority are in 1 book with some in 2.

It seems like they have stopped the person who needs to appear in 10 books movement.
    Yeah, it's a lot more balanced than it used to be from the looks and sounds of it. Also, first quoted, particularly in the bolded text, to be cited as an example of what you were talking about with people crying over minorities and women being promoted over the usual faces.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I dont think that this is short-term, this is the new Marvel Universe, and it will simply boil down from 60 to maybe 30 or 20 that sells well instead.

Mighty Member

I can never tell what I like til I read it. What I like to eat til I taste it, drink til I drink it........can't come up with a new staple menu item til it's on the menu. For a while at least the writers and artists are gonna be working their asses off to come up with the new best thing. Take a bite and you may expand your tastes. There should be plenty to choose from.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.