Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default New Ultimates Series by Ewing?

My buddy sent me this in a text. I can't seem to find the actual source with reverse image search though. It keeps coming up with Marvel vs Capcom 3.

It looks pretty cool and the implications of Galactus returning...

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    My buddy sent me this in a text. I can't seem to find the actual source with reverse image search though. It keeps coming up with Marvel vs Capcom 3.

It looks pretty cool and the implications of Galactus returning...

Damn I hope so

Extraordinary Member

Bleeding Cool: The Ultimates Is Back With Al Ewing And Kenneth Rocafort #MarvelOctober
    Today, we have a lot of Marvel news coming through about their All-New All-Different Marvel relaunch in October.

It’s a rule. The Ultimates series has to be written by a Brit to be successful.

And now it will again, with Al Ewing writing and Kenneth Rocafort snatched from DC Comics to draw the book.

But don’t be looking for Ultimate Universe characters… we have Black Panther, Blue Marvel, Captain Marvel, Monica Rambeau, Ms America Chavez and Galactus.

Hmmm. A clever way to rebrand Mighty Avengers? Could be…

The tagline? “Ultimate problems need ultimate solutions.”

Man, I want to be hype for this, because that's a solid creative team, but it basically seems like the same book as Mighty Avengers, but with a reappropriated title.

If that's Ultimate Fury, though - sign me up.

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    Man, I want to be hype for this, because that's a solid creative team, but it basically seems like the same book as Mighty Avengers, but with a reappropriated title.

That's Blue Marvel.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby Krackle View Post
    That's Blue Marvel.
    Black Superman like character who had to retire because Robert Kelly convinced JFK that that the world wasn't ready for a black superhero. He was only in Mighty Avengers and his introductory solo miniseries if you want to catch up on him. Really great stuff too.

Galactus's escape might be detailed. Ultimate Thor with him?
    Last edited by wyokid; 06-29-2015 at 11:06 PM.

BANNED

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    I can't tell if this is a "it could be worse" shrug or disgust. You've been really vocal about not liking 616 and Ultimate merging...

Yup, it seems to be real: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/06/...marveloctober/

Ultimates without any actual Ultimate characters... Shame.

It seems more and more likely that we won't have any Ultimate characters other than Miles (and maybe some of his supporting cast) in the new MU...

Member Since Jun 2009 thecrimson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate_Guru View Post
    Yup, it seems to be real: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/06/...marveloctober/

Ultimates without any actual Ultimate characters... Shame.

It seems more and more likely that we won't have any Ultimate characters other than Miles (and maybe some of his supporting cast) in the new MU...
    I want to see UU MJ and Gwen meet their counterparts...well, in the case of Gwen I guess find out she died.

BANNED

Where are all the Ultimate characters in this? I was expecting to see at least a few of them folded into the main universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby Krackle View Post
    That's Blue Marvel.
    Oh duh. I just saw the thumbnail on my phone, should've looked harder. So much for late night posting!

But realizing that, I'm just struggling to care in the way I want to. This is a fine team, it just makes no sense calling it the Ultimates. I'm really not a fan of some of the aspects of this merger. I'd rather them just end the Ultimate Universe for now, Miles included.

BANNED

This book is pointless. There not the Ultimates if there isn't any Ultimate characters. It's just another Avengers book. I won't be reading it.

Amazing Member

They've retitled this same book three times now. I know Marvel wants to have their "diversity Avengers with not a single straight white dude!!!" but Jesus - give it up.
    Last edited by SpeedofLife; 06-30-2015 at 07:46 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedofLife View Post
    They've retitled this same book three times now. I know Marvel wants to have their "diversity Avengers with not a single straight white dude!!!" but Jesus - give it up.
    Wouldn't it make more sense to put them in the main Avengers title? I mean have Blue Marvel be a part of the main Avengers, have Black Panther rejoin them. I think that would work better than launching a book people may not even read.