Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Amazing Member

OK, so I get that this looks like it's in no way related to the Ultimate Universe, and I think we're all working from the premise that the UU is dead, and that 616 will eventually return in some form.

Yet, some aspects of Battleworld are obviously going to be sticking around. Hmm.

And then, today I saw the tagline for the relaunch of Amazing Spider-Man, apparently still a thing after all: "Your friendly neighborhood just got bigger." Double-hmm.

I've now got half a hope growing in the back of my mind that we might actually close very few doors with the end of the Ultimate Universe, rather than all but a very few (Miles, and... well, that's all we know of for now): what if the multiverse doesn't actually end, but instead becomes permanently collapsed in some manner that allows characters to move freely between worlds, indefinitely?

In the original Secret Wars, basically everything is destroyed as well, and then it all gets rebuilt. I'm not sure how often Eternity, Infinity, Chronos and the Living Tribunal show up these days, but for awhile the Marvel Universe was getting collapsed and destroyed and rebuilt with some frequency. Which means, basically anything can happen, no matter what the billing's been.

And I think a collapsed multiverse would be a pretty interesting and workable, and maybe stable, concept to work with. It also fits the way that our lives and stories and communities and environments weave together on many planes in our modern, networked society. A single world with many layers. It provides a nice status quo, but also maintains a tension that could be resolved later by re-disconnecting the multiverse, or what have you...

I awno I'm just thinking out loud here

Recovering Sociopath ultimate_spider's Avatar

Marvel wants to show how diverse they are, why don't they make Spider-Man friggin Arab? Why is it always just women and black doods? Why don't they reboot Captain America to be Native American? How about a little person or obese hero or two? I'm just kidding, I don't read 616 so this books means nothing to me. They could title the book Ultimately Nothing To Do With The 1610 for all I care.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedofLife View Post
    They've retitled this same book three times now. I know Marvel wants to have their "diversity Avengers with not a single straight white dude!!!" but Jesus - give it up.
    Only 2 out of the 6 members of this were even in those books
    Last edited by UltimateTy; 06-30-2015 at 12:27 PM. Reason: typo
    We need better comics

Wow. The glory days of the Mark Millar/Bryan Hitch THE ULTIMATES are just a faint and fading memory. Sucks. Big time.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Gorn Identity View Post
    Wow. The glory days of the Mark Millar/Bryan Hitch THE ULTIMATES are just a faint and fading memory. Sucks. Big time.
    Are you saying this isn't about to be the best comic Marvel is putting out like Mighty Avengers was? Because it sounds like you're saying that.

I am so excited for this comic it's not even funny.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gorn Identity View Post
    Yep that kinda happens after 15 years.
    We need better comics

Spectacular Member

So this mega pizza with all these merged toppings... yeah, nope. So far I'm just seeing Miles topping and Galactus topping returning to its original pizza.

Could the rest of the surviving Ultimate Characters being in the missing 10-15 titles not yet announced for ANAD? Are they just trying not to spoil Secret Wars and Ultimate End? Or save something for SDCC?
    Current Pull List (updated for ANAD): Star Wars □ Darth Vader □ Lando □ Chewbacca □ Kanan □ uh... alot of ANAD but I still have decided what yet, lol

Fantastic Member

It could be that if a bunch of other Ultimate characters survived, it is under circumstances that would spoil SW or UE. I know I'm holding onto a thread of hope there, but still. I am angry about the title of this book. Its like a slap in the face to the fans of the Ultimate line who were praying for an "Ultimates" announcement.

BANNED

I am 100% sure that Miles will be the only survivor of the Ultimate Universe. I've officially lost all interest in everything Marvel except for Miles and the X-MEN. Very disappointing.

Incredible Member

How would you guys feel if the bad guy was Ultimate Reed Richards? Or if he was on the team even...

I was actually thinking it would be cool if Galactus was Reed. But yeah, I think it's possible that he's got something to do with the book.

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    How would you guys feel if the bad guy was Ultimate Reed Richards? Or if he was on the team even...
    I don't like evil Reed Richards. I would rather have Richard Rider or Moondragon or Adam the X-TREME on the team.

I think it makes sense that 616 will have their own Ultimates team, the Ultimate Universe had both Ultimates and Avengers.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Only 2 out of the 6 members of this were even in those books
    3 out of the 6. It's also the same writer. Unless they announce a new Mighty Avengers book (they won't), then it's pretty clear that this is a continuation of that series.

From Bendis' tumblr page:

bendis.jpg

BANNED

That doesn't mean anything at the end of the day, because Miles' supporting cast is Ultimate based too of course.

I mean, you havbe an opportunity here to write about Miles who is literally an Alien in this world, but they aren't going to focus on that since they need to pimp out the idea of a black Spider-man beating thugs and taking names.