Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    In a year or so, one of the newer writers will hit it big with a run and then in a few years folks will be saying it's the end of Marvel Comics because so-and-so is leaving.
    See Brubaker to Remender on Captain America.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    He's not just hanging on, they've given him Invincible Ironman who is apparently the center of the All-new Marvel Universe as well as his continued work on Miles Morales and Guardians of the Galaxy. I'm sorry but he's still going strong right now.
    I'll be honest. I'm not a fan of Bendis hanging around either. His execution in general leaves something to be desired as he often takes to long to move his stories forward. I've long championed the idea of keeping him with a co-writer to get the best out of him.

I hope that someday I'll get to read Miles under the pen of another writer consistently. No, I'm not counting Waid on ANADA because that's a team book. Or at least that another writer gets to use Pichelli and Marquez.
    Last edited by Ceebiro; 06-30-2015 at 06:18 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    See Brubaker to Remender on Captain America.
    A few years back, some readers were like, "Who's this Hickman guy?!"

World's a funny place.

Fantastic Member

According to BC, Remender was supposed to get one of the X-titles, but that changed when Marts left. Maybe at that point everything else he was interested in writing was already taken, so he figured it was a good time as any to take a break.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zauri View Post
    Equally shocking to me is the fact that nobody is talking about the fact that there's clearly something wrong happening at Marvel right now. I'm sincerely worried with the comics side of Marvel, the fact that Marvel is losing their heavy hitters writers indicate that things aren't looking good behind the curtains. For the first time since the 90's collapse, I'm very worried with Marvel's future. It doesn't feels right, I feel like Marvel Comics took a huge hit creatively and I'm not sure who should step in to make sense out of this mess, but I just feel that apathy isn't what they were looking for with these new books. We are talking about diversity in comics and at same time Marvel is taking a blow losing arguably two of their best writers completely out of nowhere. I feel like Bendis is been around Marvel for far too long, and regardless the reasons Hickman and Remender had to leave, the way they are acting on social media shows that they weren't happy with something behind the scenes.

I don't know what is happening, but it looks like it's a mess. Marvel Studios is doing some great work, maybe Marvel should just give the keys to the Comics side of things for Kevin Feige, or find someone like him to run things.
    Actually, if the Bleeding Cool's rumors are true, the movie people are exactly the problem- creators having to change things because people supposedly connected to Marvel Studios they never heard of asking them to change things (although it isn't happening in Marvel books)

Quote Originally Posted by bandoogiemanz View Post
    I am shocked myself as well. I'm not sure if I can point out even one single book that I can say I am genuinely anticipating. As rigid a fan as I may think myself to be most times, I was always able to find something at Marvel that interested me. Well, apparently, these aren't all the books yet, so hopefully something may still come up.
    Yeah, the only one that has me intrigued is Ellis writing Karnak, but that's because it's Ellis, and I don't expect to keep reading after his 6-12 issues.

I will probably try a few others, but nothing really says "damn, this looks good".

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    No ones complaining. It's an observation. Yes this stuff happens but not in mass like this. Some there writers are being stretched to thin as it is and already have their own independent work as it is. BMB hanging in their isn't good news as he's severely lacking in quality.
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    A few years back, some readers were like, "Who's this Hickman guy?!"

World's a funny place.
    Hickman was already an acclaimed writer and artist when he took over Secret Warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I suppose the Extraordinary X-Men seems interesting.

Still waiting to see Invisible Woman in anything....
    I am shocked you can't see the Invisible Woman. SHOCKED, I'm telling you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    I honestly thought that was Bobbi. Hell, I even considered the female werebear. If it's Elsa then cool, glad she's has her original hair color again.
    Not sure bleeding cool is right on Elsa. They have the Big Monster as Googam when its actually Orrgo. I think the female is Nina Price/Vampire by Night the Vampire/Werewolf hybrid. The lineup i think is (Dum Dum Dugan, Werewolf, Man-Thing, Manphibian, Hit Monkey, Teen Abomination, Zombie/Jasper Sitwell, Nina Price/Vampire by Night and Orrgo.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    You're preaching to the choir. Marvel's hardly in drastically worse shape than they were one or two years ago just because a few writer leave, especially since they've been drawing in talent for a while now.

And yeah. Ales Kot seems to be going the way of Fialkov and quite possibly Edmonson - a good run that doesn't really pan out into broader opportunities.

I really thought Fialkov would have stuck around a bit longer since his Ultimates work was generally well-received.
    I know but you still have a lot of people complaining about Star Talent at Marvel, to be honest I like their lineups better than DC.

Not sure about Ales Kot and Edmonson. Ales Kot has a fiery temper and he knows that and publicly communicates it but he has some great ideas and his creative owned stuff are amazing, I just read an advance copy of Wolf 1 something great. Fialkov is more because he is comfortable with creative owned work at DC he could not handle editorial interference maybe same at Marvel.

However we might not have seen the rest of the creative teams as there are some new books that will be announced for November, Deathlok and Winter Soldier were all rumored to return... Wait and see on that...

[QUOTE=Lonewolf36;1314622]Not sure bleeding cool is right on Elsa. They have the Big Monster as Googam when its actually Orrgo. I think the female is Nina Price/Vampire by Night

I agree and posted the same a page back. In reviewing the cover in close detail, I'm certain it's Nina Price, as I see similar face markings.

[QUOTE=billee0918;1315051]
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Not sure bleeding cool is right on Elsa. They have the Big Monster as Googam when its actually Orrgo. I think the female is Nina Price/Vampire by Night

I agree and posted the same a page back. In reviewing the cover in close detail, I'm certain it's Nina Price, as I see similar face markings.
    Now that you said that i see the face markings as well. Nice Catch!

[QUOTE=Lonewolf36;1315101]
    Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post

Now that you said that i see the face markings as well. Nice Catch!
    I enjoyed her few appearances, so happy to (probably) see her again

Fantastic Member

So when is all this happening ? Feel like impulse pre-ordering a bunch.