View Poll Results: How do you feel about Greg Land being the artist for Uncanny X-Men in october 2015?

Voters
171. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm indifferent ...

48 28.07%
  • I hate it !

88 51.46%
  • I kind of like it !

35 20.47%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sureshot View Post
    Man what is it with Land and smiles on injured and/o unconcious bodies. Psylocke looks like she just had sex and passed out. If I can get a decent well written Mystique. Same with a inverted Sabertooth. I'm indifferent to the character being inverted for the most part. Yet it makes little to no sense for the evil version to be on the team. Let alone psylocke imo.
    At least the art on the cover reflected the art in the issue, rather than a great cover and then drab uninspiring sloppy art inside. Personally I think it's a great cover and who is to say that gravity isn't pulling her mouth into a smile, Storm isn't smiling and you can see the great armour art us why he ended up on Iron Man.
    What if Franklin gave the F4 their powers?

*Clutches Pearls* LeonardEugenius's Avatar

Land is a favorite of mine. I enjoy photorealism, and I like that his interiors are never on the slouch.

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    of all the things to be worked up about right now, Greg Land is near the bottom of the list.
    Exactly. Is he Marvel's best artist? Hell to the no. Is he Marvel's worst artist? Again, hell to the no; I'd take him over some of Marvel's other go-to's *cough*BAGLEY*cough*any day of the week. But I will say I thought his work on the recent Mighty Avengers was pretty good, arguably the best I've seen from him in years. Of course, I'd love to see Larocca or Pacheco here(although with his recent track record Pacheco would probably be gone after an issue or two) but I can live with Land. Also, not sure why everyone's getting bent out of shape; he'll probably be gone after four-five issues anyway. I do, however, HATE what looks to be the return of Psylocke's thongkini; her recent Kris Anka-designed costume was her best since that great Outback armor she sported during Silvestri's run in the '80s.

After seeing the cover of the new Uncanny X-Men I believe they should re-name the book to The Brotherhood.

Tired of him in the industry honestly but Won't be reading it so don't care.

Spectacular Member SoupStainedTie's Avatar

Ah, the days when there was nothing else to fret about but a sub par artist on an X-Men book. Seems so quaint now....

Quote Originally Posted by silence. View Post
    Lets post our favourite 'Land-Scapes'!

Here's mine:

Quote Originally Posted by The World 0.5 View Post
    At least the art on the cover reflected the art in the issue, rather than a great cover and then drab uninspiring sloppy art inside. Personally I think it's a great cover and who is to say that gravity isn't pulling her mouth into a smile, Storm isn't smiling and you can see the great armour art us why he ended up on Iron Man.
    It's not going to stop me from reading the comic. It's just that Land has a bad habit of giving characters smiles and expression of sexual fulfillment at the strangest of times with his art imo. If your going to draw a person for example getting hit from behind. Don't draw a express of pure bliss and glee on their face. Unless that person is a pure masochist. I do agree that the armor at least was done well. Bad storytelling will keep me away from a comic. Soule horrible ending of Wolverines makes me want to take a break from reading anything else at least for some time.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

Incredible Member

I like Greg Land, so take that.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel/DC Fan View Post
    I like Greg Land, so take that.
    Ha! I saw some of his art and liked it until everybody else made me not...

Anything with Greg Land's name, I'm not reading. Who don't care who writes it. Not doing it.

BANNED

I'll read it as long as it's not a second hand copy.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Ha! I saw some of his art and liked it until everybody else made me not...
    Don't let these people make you dislike it. Most of these people bitching about it probably have trouble drawing a stick figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel/DC Fan View Post
    Don't let these people make you dislike it. Most of these people bitching about it probably have trouble drawing a stick figure.
    I just got back on Marvel at the start of Marvel Now, so I hadn't seen Land's work. I thought it looked awesome in Mighty Avengers, then started prowling around here and saw all the talk...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    I just got back on Marvel at the start of Marvel Now, so I hadn't seen Land's work. I thought it looked awesome in Mighty Avengers, then started prowling around here and saw all the talk...
    I also was better off not knowing , I still liked his work in future imperfect