Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Aspiring Underachiever Turn the Page's Avatar

I like how so far it seems like there aren't characters who are on too many multiple teams. Marvel does seem to be "trimming the fat" with this Secret Wars reboot/relaunch and simplifying things.

I've spent the last two months catching up on a lot of stuff I've missed over the past 3 years. Here's the positives:

- Ms. Marvel. Such a fantastic character and a thoroughly entertaining series. Probably the best book Marvel is putting out right now

- Al Ewing. I've just finished Mighty Avengers on the recommendations of readers in the Scarlet Witch thread and I'm about to start on Captain America and the Avengers. I'm really enjoying Ewing's writing and he's made me interested in characters I've never really cared for (like Luke Cage). I'll definitely check out Ultimates.

- Uncanny Avengers Volume 1. I've read up to the prelude to Axis and I'm really enjoying the series so far.

- Scarlet Witch is getting her own series. Fantastic! And written by James Robinson, one of my favourite writers.

- Same with Squadron Supreme.

- Squirrel Girl is absolutely hilarious

I wanna be your lover... emac1790's Avatar

Another great issue of Secret Wars came out today.

And what do you think the deal is with "stargirl" over in A-Force? Could she be spoilers:
    a baby Eternity?
    end of spoilers
    What U putting in your nose?
    Is that where all your money goes (Is that where your money goes)
    The river of addiction flows
    U think it's hot, but there won't be no water
    When the fire blows

First they came for the mutants, and I said nothing. Then they came for the chickens, and still I said nothing... -cyberhubbs

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by emac1790 View Post
    And what do you think the deal is with "stargirl" over in A-Force? Could she be spoilers:
    a baby Eternity?
    end of spoilers
    That was my working theory from the start.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    Keep Ms. Marvel going for as long as possible and I won't care about anything else. That's about the only positive thing I can think of.
    Ms. Marvel is my main thing right now too. Love her. Best superhero to be introduced this decade, maybe this century (Though the century is still young)

But, to keep it positive in others areas
    Marvel has some great writers right now: Waid has always been a favorite, Wilson brought us Ms. Marvel and I suspect her other projects will shine, Ewing is really under rated for the amazing work he does, and Soule is very good. Seriously, at this point I'm more likely to follow writers than specific characters because the talent I've listed rarely fails to delight.
    "A gentleman will not insult me, and no man not a gentleman can insult me."-Frederick Douglass

Spideyparker75

Quote Originally Posted by Turn the Page View Post
    I like how so far it seems like there aren't characters who are on too many multiple teams. Marvel does seem to be "trimming the fat" with this Secret Wars reboot/relaunch and simplifying things.
    This is what I mean by Marvel "streamlining" things with SW.

The Red Skull book is crazy. In a good way.

Here's the summary,

One of the most vile villains of the Marvel Universe gets his very own twisted Secret Wars series! Red Skull should be dead but his legend grows, so a team of villains that includes Winter Soldier, Magneto and Lady Deathstrike are sent on a dangerous odyssey to the Deadlands to prove it…but no one ever comes back alive from the Deadlands! Forced to overcome zombies, Ultron drones and the Annihilation Wave, the rag-tag team of villains will find that they may bitten off more than they can chew…

That doesn't really do the book justice.
    Last edited by emac1790; 07-01-2015 at 09:57 AM.
    When the fire blows

First they came for the mutants, and I said nothing. Then they came for the chickens, and still I said nothing... -cyberhubbs

How can you not like this?

Groot V2015 #2 (2015_9) - Page 5.jpg
    When the fire blows

Marvel will be saving me quite a bit of money once Secret Wars is over...

Incredible Member JoeWithoutFear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by emac1790 View Post
    This thread will most likely have less posts than the "I hate Marvel now/I'm quitting Marvel now" threads.

Another sign that the Internet (well, many people that actively post comments on the Internet) seek out and/or thrive on the negative.

It's like people need validation to confirm their bias.
    I generally know just what you're saying and (again generally) agree. But when you have a company that is actively trying to flip the script over and over again, it's overly simplistic to just blame internet negativity for these reactions. Replace the current Ms. Marvel with a different person who is now Mrs. Marvel and is 65 years old and has different powers and watch the currently positive people suddenly fit that online negativity mold. Know what I mean?
    Me: "Wanna be Hawkeye and Hawkeye next Halloween?"
    My wife: "Only if I get to be Clint."

Quote Originally Posted by JoeWithoutFear View Post
    I generally know just what you're saying and (again generally) agree. But when you have a company that is actively trying to flip the script over and over again, it's overly simplistic to just blame internet negativity for these reactions. Replace the current Ms. Marvel with a different person who is now Mrs. Marvel and is 65 years old and has different powers and watch the currently positive people suddenly fit that online negativity mold. Know what I mean?
    Not really. I can only speak for myself here, but there are things I don't like. I don't seek out negativity or constantly post negativity to justify my dislikes.

You see it on the boards here. There are some posters that post the same negative stuff everyday in multiple posts. That's the main reason I started this thread. It's for people tired of seeing the same "I hate (fill in the blank)" posts.

As for your Ms Marvel example, let's say they did that to her. It would suck, sure, but it's just entertainment. I would see if the new Ms M is to my liking and if she was not, drop the book. Without posting "Ms Marvel sucks now!" every single day. In other words, I take things that happen in real life personal. Not something in a comic book.
    When the fire blows

Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

With the demise of the Fantastic Four, there is little hope for some of us Marvel fans.

Reading about the ANAD Avengers stuff made me feel really giddy. Can't wait for it to start.

BANNED

Nice thread to post in, for once. Emphasis on what I like about my comics puts me in a totally different mindframe than if I went in looking for
    something to complain about. I still feel a little giddy every Weds when I realize it's comic day, which is something that is more uncommon as I've
    gotten older,
    There are a lot of cool sounding projects coming up. I was really surprised by how many of the titles in today's preview grabbed my interest. I think it's
    a good time to be a fan.