Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Don't worry, I love you Darth Kal-el. :P

While I liked Terry, I'm ok seeing an all grown up Tim Drake actually be interesting. lol

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I wonder who the audience of this book is intended to be? It alienates fans of the animated series and subsequent comics, and it doesn't market itself as a Tim Drake joint- just seems odd...

Quote Originally Posted by Wissenschaft View Post
    Don't worry, I love you Darth Kal-el. :P

While I liked Terry, I'm ok seeing an all grown up Tim Drake actually be interesting. lol
    Thanks

As to Flash Gordon I guess I am the audience sense I grew up with Tim as my Robin and believed that he was meant to replace Bruce. Also probably BB fans who can accept a twist or looking for a different take.

Question at the end of FE wasn't Tim with Madison and other underground heroes. What happened to her and the rest
    Last edited by Darth Kal-el; 07-02-2015 at 06:39 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kal-el View Post
    Thanks

As to Flash Gordon I guess I am the audience sense I grew up with Tim as my Robin and believed that he was meant to replace Bruce. Also probably BB fans who can accept a twist or looking for a different take.

Question at the end of FE wasn't Tim with Madison and other underground heroes. What happened to her and the rest
    Hi, would you mind trying to sell me on what makes this Tim Drake read better than other versions from the new continuity? Does he have Tim's sardonic humor? His geekiness? His more cerebral approach to problems? Anything that would be specific to Tim cast into a far flung future and not just a representation of the classic Robin archetype?
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Hi, would you mind trying to sell me on what makes this Tim Drake read better than other versions from the new continuity? Does he have Tim's sardonic humor? His geekiness? His more cerebral approach to problems? Anything that would be specific to Tim cast into a far flung future and not just a representation of the classic Robin archetype?
    He definitely has the typical Tim sense of humor, but otherwise it's more of the classical Robin personality, but he's likeable which is an improvement of the impression I had of him from what I read of teen titans.

Extraordinary Member

Y'see, that's not enough for me to pick the book up right now; I may pick it up later, but right now I'd rather spend my money on digital back issues of the Robin series or paperback collections of Red Robin to put in my classroom.

The book seems to have word of mouth as competently written and illustrated; nobody is saying this thing is horrible, and the general feeling about it seems more approving than, say, Pfeiffer's turn on Teen Titans. But I'm a fan of not just Tim and Terry, but the worlds and characterizations in which they became popular. And this book has neither of those. Instead, they killed off one character I really liked, then replaced him with a five years removed version of a mishandled-since-Vol.-1-of-Titans character I love.

And the premise for the series is still "possible future" aka "future that won't be happening, one way or another" or "DC's going to slaughter the Titans because that's an original idea." The latter would be stupid, and the former seems pointless and somehow reminds me of Countdown for some reason.

And as a Tim fan who thinks he should be featured in a modern setting series with a writer trying to undo Lobdell's damage, I feel a desire to watch this series die, but in such away that DC knows that their miss-mash of a premise was the problem, not the characters or creators. I will say that they'd had Tim launched to this series with consistent momentum (even if we just saw Lobdell's Tim get launched directly into this series), I'd probably care more. But instead, it's a Tim-who-could-be in a world-that-could-be, and that world is "generic Brother Eye zombie apocalypse." And as odd as it may seem, that sounds boring to me.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

To anybody who read this, how is Inque handled in the story? Like, what's her purpose in the plot?
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kal-el View Post
    Thanks

I can totally see how you'd enjoy this book as a Tim Drake fan, but I feel like it isn't even marketed as a Tim Drake series so that it would get the attention of Drake/Robin fans. I guess what I'm saying is that the marketing for this book makes little sense to me.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I can totally see how you'd enjoy this book as a Tim Drake fan, but I feel like it isn't even marketed as a Tim Drake series so that it would get the attention of Drake/Robin fans. I guess what I'm saying is that the marketing for this book makes little sense to me.
    Yeah, it doesn't make much sense to me either. The "brand" DC is marketing it under isn't a very apt one at all. I don't think of Tim Drake in connection with the Batman Beyond brand at all and the post apocalyptic setting doesn't really fit that brand either. They should have found something that more accurately fits what this book is insofar as a title goes. I'm not sure what that would be though.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Amazing Member

I like the Futures End version of Tim and this is an okay book, but it makes me sad that the Batman Beyond book doesn't feature McG and Bruce.

BANNED

This book is okay but I would prefer so much more a "Great Disaster" lineup title. You have knights, watching technology, kirby creations, a robin hood look alike, Gods and what-not else roaming that Earth.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    To anybody who read this, how is Inque handled in the story? Like, what's her purpose in the plot?
    spoilers:
    She's concentration camp commandant, except replace Nazis with robots. We have zero explanations why she joined the robots, though.
    end of spoilers Also her past as corporate saboteur mercenary is canon in this continuity, and acknowledged directly.

Default Batman Beyond

I got the new Batman Beyond comic this month and I watched the cartoon in '99 and still love it to this day and the new Batman in Neo-Gotham is no longer Terry Mcginnis, what do you guys think about that?

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

As a fan of both the Batman Beyond show and the comic book series I think it's a travesty and a disservice to both the character and his fans. I refuse to buy the book though other people seem to like it.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

I think its an interesting and fun development. Futures End Tim Drake is a good character and I enjoy him in the role. Besides, with as much as Terry keeps being name-dropped I find it unlikely that he won't come back somehow at some point.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El