Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default MTV Interview With Dan Slott on New Amazing Spider-Man Series

http://www.mtv.com/news/2199978/amaz...=share_twitter

Pretty interesting, so pretty much Marvel is letting Miles take care of the street-level stories and Peter's story will be closer to living up to the title of World's Greatest Superhero.

SPIDER-MANnewdesign-mtv-1435670830.jpg
    SMobile-FINAL_Colorv2-mtv-1435670835.jpg

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

spider-man for president!

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Why am I now imagining Peter Parker with Christian Bale's Batman voice? I'm still surprised about the Spider-Mobile.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    spider-man for president!
    LOL Give Slott time LOL give him time LOL.

So Spider-Man is Iron Man now?

BANNED

New Spider-Mobile looks boss.

Also looks a little inspired by Akira. I'd drive both.

Honestly it's pretty weird to see Marvel go out and say Iron Man will be the new flagship hero, and then introduce Miles' story as the street level hero, and Peter having a new movie come out in 2 years.

I wanna wait and see how this pans out, but I'm gonna be disappointed if they continue to ignore the personal life of Peter Parker.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruran. View Post
    Honestly it's pretty weird to see Marvel go out and say Iron Man will be the new flagship hero,
    Well, the thing is, they never said that.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

iMan 42s

Tony gets flagship status and Peter gets Tony' s old story arcs? I wonder if this means Peter will get some of Tony`s old concepts like alcoholism or a nano tech upgrade so Peter can access the web.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Honestly it's pretty weird to see Marvel go out and say Iron Man will be the new flagship hero, and then introduce Miles' story as the street level hero, and Peter having a new movie come out in 2 years.

I wanna wait and see how this pans out, but I'm gonna be disappointed if they continue to ignore the personal life of Peter Parker.
    Isn't the interview confirming that there'll be plenty of soap opera material and love triangles ahead?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Tony gets flagship status and Peter gets Tony' s old story arcs? I wonder if this means Peter will get some of Tony`s old concepts like alcoholism or a nano tech upgrade so Peter can access the web.
    Well, apparently there's no more "Stark money" according to the FCBD Avengers book. So Tony will be the "everyman" and Peter will be the millionaire playboy?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    Well, the thing is, they never said that.
    http://www.newsarama.com/24753-invin...nt-marvel.html
    "While the masked head of Spider-Man has historically been most associated with Marvel as a defacto mascot, in the last ten years in every field outside of publishing Iron Man is Marvel Comics. If you’re talking about the people who see the films, buy the t-shirts or merchandise, watch the television shows, it all comes back to Shellhead. We’re going to make a concerted effort with 'All-New All-Different Marvel' to make Iron Man the forefront of the comic books’ universe as it is elsewhere."
    and then there was also the thread about that article.

Quote Originally Posted by Probalus View Post
    Isn't the interview confirming that there'll be plenty of soap opera material and love triangles ahead?
    Yeah but when you look at Slott's track record in the last 3 years it's been so far away from that I have a difficult time believing it happens.

And he never said love triangles, just triangles. So probably closer to business dynamics and trust between friends.

So what are the chances at all that Peter and MJ and or Annie will be part of this new status quo? Guess I will be dropping Spiderman again after Renew Your Vows ends....

Yeah but when you look at Slott's track record in the last 3 years it's been so far away from that I have a difficult time believing it happens.

And he never said love triangles, just triangles. So probably closer to business dynamics and trust between friends.
    Aww, come on, do you seriously mean what you just typed?

Anyway... I think the article made it pretty explicit I thought.

That means new allies, sure, but true to Spider-Man form, it also means romantic complications.

“One of the things I always loved was there was always a triangle,” Slott said. “There’s all these characters who are vying for Pete’s attention and I think you’re going to get back to that. You’re going to see all kinds of different characters we know and care about.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Doom Answers to No Master View Post
    So what are the chances at all that Peter and MJ and or Annie will be part of this new status quo? Guess I will be dropping Spiderman again after Renew Your Vows ends....
    RYV is supposed to have some lasting effects on Spider-Man... We'll see if that was just hype I guess.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Comment: Spider-Man going global sounds like Batman Inc...Spider-Man Inc

Question: Is Spidey going global some attempt to plant the seed for the movies to get Peter out of NYC like that one exec wanted?
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 06-30-2015 at 10:24 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”