Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Probalus View Post
    Isn't the interview confirming that there'll be plenty of soap opera material and love triangles ahead?

Well, apparently there's no more "Stark money" according to the FCBD Avengers book. So Tony will be the "everyman" and Peter will be the millionaire playboy?
    Sounds terrible, I must say. They are taking everything good about Spidey and flushing it straight down the toilet.

On the bright side we still have Miles, I guess....
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Red Lotus View Post
    I have a feeling this will all end with Norman doing a hostile take over of Parker Industries.
    Or perhaps Liz allen witu the help of Mark Raxton and Tiberius Stone.

A Green Unpleasant Man Rob London's Avatar

This looks fun, and while I'll miss Ramos, I'm glad Camuncoli is getting a shot at being the lead ASM artist. He's really improved over leaps and bounds the past few years, and I'm really looking forward to what he comes up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Probalus View Post
    Aww, come on, do you seriously mean what you just typed?

Anyway... I think the article made it pretty explicit I thought.
    Honestly it's cause of Slott's track record in that department I don't believe it.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

So after Brevoort complaining on Twitter the other day that remarrying him and having him keep the kid would make him like every other superhero (like Mr. Fantastic! And...Animal Man? And that's pretty much it, I think, if we're talking about the intersection of those two categories, and even counting those to fulfill either wouldn't add much these days.), they're literally making him a rich jetsetting playboy (if the cover's anything to go on) CEO by day, crimefighter by night, with a non joke Bat--ahem, Spidermobile? I wouldn't necessarily call that a bad idea in and of itself, but seriously?

I might give this a shot just to see if they're legitimately trying to have the character grow up like he should have a long time ago, just in a different way than they did before, unless it's a way of regressing him to pure adolescent power fantasy without consequence aside from self-aggrandizing angst once and for all. But I'm put off by what a genuine and utterly unabashed dick move going with a title as indicative as "Renew Your Vows" (could have gone with Spider-Man Family and done the same book, without making it sound like "hey, we're Renewing the marriage in here) is now, and my interest in Slott on here is pretty seriously worn thin. You've got Waid and Aaron doing like one book apiece, you couldn't have sprung for them on this and kept Silver Surfer going?
    Buh-bye

I just hope these new villains are interesting. I'm gunna miss Spidey's old rogues gallery. With the new direction the series is going in it sounds like those characters won't be showing up that often. :<

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Considering how little Slott wrote of MJ since bringing Peter back I'd be more surprised if she played a bigger part in this relaunch of a relaunch of a relaunch. Especially since as far as I'm aware she still has a club called MJ's? Or does that disappear due to Secret Wars?
    Spider-Man's travelling to London and California, so it's entirely possible for MJ to be in one of those cities to give her a slightly new status quo (if she's not in New York.)
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Like I said, most major status quos during Slott's run last around 20-30 issues. That means the next major status quo shift should happen around the time the next movie is on the minds of every Spidey fan.

I'm not really finding myself excited by the sounds of this upcoming run. So I think I might just bow out after RYV unless something that entices me is brought up.
    Wait and see regarding the status quo I guess. I'll be buying it for sure as it could be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Spider-Man's travelling to London and California, so it's entirely possible for MJ to be in one of those cities.
    It is possible but like I said Slott hasn't written that much of MJ in the last relaunch so I'm not getting hopes up that she'll be playing any kind of role in this latest relaunch.

Quote Originally Posted by LOSTie-chan View Post
    I just hope these new villains are interesting. I'm gunna miss Spidey's old rogues gallery. With the new direction the series is going in it sounds like those characters won't be showing up that often. :<
    Yeah I hope the new villains are interesting as well. Wait and see LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by LOSTie-chan View Post
    Worry not, I highly suspect Miles will inherit most of Peter's old rogues' gallery.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    So after Brevoort complaining on Twitter the other day that remarrying him and having him keep the kid would make him like every other superhero (like Mr. Fantastic! And...Animal Man? And that's pretty much it, I think, if we're talking about the intersection of those two categories, and even counting those to fulfill either wouldn't add much these days.), they're literally making him a rich jetsetting playboy (if the cover's anything to go on) CEO by day, crimefighter by night, with a non joke Bat--ahem, Spidermobile? I wouldn't necessarily call that a bad idea in and of itself, but seriously?

I might give this a shot just to see if they're legitimately trying to have the character grow up like he should have a long time ago, just in a different way than they did before, unless it's a way of regressing him to pure adolescent power fantasy without consequence aside from self-aggrandizing angst once and for all. But I'm put off by what a genuine and utterly unabashed dick move going with a title as indicative as "Renew Your Vows" (could have gone with Spider-Man Family and done the same book, without making it sound like "hey, we're Renewing the marriage in here) is now, and my interest in Slott on here is pretty seriously worn thin. You've got Waid and Aaron doing like one book apiece, you couldn't have sprung for them on this and kept Silver Surfer going?
    I think everyone knew RYV was an alternate universe story.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    I think everyone knew RYV was an alternate universe story.
    Yep. Pretty much. Though there'll always be some who cling onto the hope that it means that OMD was being undone. Personally I'll just enjoy it for what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    I wonder if Anna Maria and Sajani are Peter's new love interests. Or perhaps that lady reporter from the Fact Channel.
    Sajani as a love interest? I'd be very surprised if that happened unless he secretly fancies her and she pretends at least to stop being a douche and they start dating only for her to report back to Black Cat. Actually now I've typed that I'd be somewhat interested in a story like that LOL. Anna Maria I could see happening but it'd still be weird what with her falling for the Doc Ock version of him.
    I don't think either of them will be, actually. Anna Maria, as we've seen, was and most likely is still in love with Doc Ock. That's the reason why she chose to continue Doc Ock's nanotech research as a means to create a lasting legacy for him. And as for Sajani, considering how she's one of those people who thinks they're the smartest person in the room, and thus thinks Peter is the most incompetent boss she's ever had, she'll probably continue to do what she had been doing in the last volume of Amazing Spider-Man which is try to secretly undermine him at every opportunity, including consorting with known super-villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Lotus View Post
    I have a feeling this will all end with Norman doing a hostile take over of Parker Industries.
    Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    Or perhaps Liz allen witu the help of Mark Raxton and Tiberius Stone.
    The other possibility is Doc Ock. After all, we still don't know who or what dug up his body. There's been this running side-plot regarding Doc Ock's nanotech research. There's also the protocols SpOck programmed into the Anna Maria hologram during Spider-Verse as part of some sort of contingency plan we haven't yet seen. And, as the MTV News article points out, Doc Ock was the one "who started and created Parker Industries," not Peter. And as I mentioned in previous posts, there is the fact Doc Ock, while in Peter's body, was the one signing the applications for the business loans to get Parker Industries up and running. If the bank or the Feds were ever to check that signature with the one's Peter has made and they notice they're in no way shape or form a perfect match, then Peter is screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Spider-Man's travelling to London and California, so it's entirely possible for MJ to be in one of those cities to give her a slightly new status quo (if she's not in New York.)
    Which would make sense, particularly if we also find out that, at some point, MJ broke things off with Ollie, too, realizing she only went out with him because he was a watered-down version of Peter.
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    I don't think either of them will be, actually. Anna Maria, as we've seen, was and most likely is still in love with Doc Ock. That's the reason why she chose to continue Doc Ock's nanotech research as a means to create a lasting legacy for him. And as for Sajani, considering how she's one of those people who thinks they're the smartest person in the room, and thus thinks Peter is the most incompetent boss she's ever had, she'll probably continue to do what she had been doing in the last volume of Amazing Spider-Man which is try to secretly undermine him at every opportunity, including consorting with known super-villains.

Which would make sense, particularly if we also find out that, at some point, MJ broke things off with Ollie, too, realizing she only went out with him because he was a watered-down version of Peter.
    1. Yeah, realistically I agree with you about Sanjani and Anna Maria I was just speculating LOL Though I won't rule it out because well you know..COMICS! LOL.
    2. Would Slott bother to mention that much about MJ though? I'm just judging based on the last relaunch the book had when he did almost nothing with MJ. I'm not getting any hopes up for any panel time for MJ at this point.

1. Yeah, realistically I agree with you about Sanjani and Anna Maria I was just speculating LOL Though I won't rule it out because well you know..COMICS! LOL.
    LOL, True.

2. Would Slott bother to mention that much about MJ though? I'm just judging based on the last relaunch the book had when he did almost nothing with MJ. I'm not getting any hopes up for any panel time for MJ at this point.
    Well, one of the women in the Alex Ross cover for this issue does look like MJ with her hair done-up. Or maybe it's just the way Ross did the lighting. In any case, if we are going back to "triangles" as Slott alleges, then it's possible those two women with Peter are new characters.
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton