Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    LOL, True.

Well, one of the women in the Alex Ross cover for this issue does look like MJ with her hair done-up. Or maybe it's just the way Ross did the lighting. In any case, if we are going back to "triangles" as Slott alleges, then it's possible those two women with Peter are new characters.
    Or those women are Black Widow and Psylocke...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    We could even get Carlie Cooper.
    Greer Grant fits the bill as she's a trained Police Officer with a background in Microbiology

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    I wonder if Anna Maria and Sajani are Peter's new love interests. Or perhaps that lady reporter from the Fact Channel.
    In the sense that both of them want to kill him?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Lotus View Post
    I have a feeling this will all end with Norman doing a hostile take over of Parker Industries.
    Norman could be anyone right now. He could be MJ for all we know. Or Miles. Or Peter. Or JJJ. ANYONE!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Norman could be anyone right now. He could be MJ for all we know. Or Miles. Or Peter. Or JJJ. ANYONE!
    Ewww.. Bad enough we got to see Norman inside Gwen but MJ as well...Ewww Gross!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Spider View Post
    I hate to sound like a Slott Conspiracy Theorist; But, I've got to ask; Are you absolutely sure you're not taking this "All New, All Different" thing a little too far?

I mean, I was cool with the Spider-Buggy and all...

Attachment 24113
    Shhh! That's the cover for issue #5!

“Peter Parker isn’t just the greatest [Spider-Man]… We’re out to make him the world’s greatest superhero.” Hell yes! Mr. Slott, you're awesome.

Look, the "James Bond: Spider-Man" angle feels off to me. Spidey being Peter's "bodyguard," the Batmobile, the high tech, the big international corporation, the fighting enemies across different countries... it's all very Batman/James Bond more than Spider-Man.

But I said it around here before: It's a Peter Parker book, I'm buying. I'll always support that 100%. And I really enjoy Slott's writing. So day one buy!

Quote Originally Posted by THEpeterparker View Post
    I think its crazy how much backlash Slott gets on everything even before an issue is out. People hated the idea of Superior Spider-Man - then loved the run so much that they were angry when it reverted back to Amazing. I have liked just about all of Slott's run and am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. I think this is just another chapter which has endless story possibilities. I love Spidey at street level, but get really intrigued by the bigger stories and think there is only so much street level stuff before you get stale. I also am really looking forward to seeing the fulfillment of the Worlds Greatest Superhero tag and maybe more of an influence on the bigger crossovers - which the majority of people have clamored for as he usually ends up just being comic relief.

Also, if you really thought RYV was going to stick after SW - then you really didnt pay attention to anything other than the title and cover because it was always stated as just a mini series.
    I get that fans aren't a hivemind, but it seems to me the internet consistently complains about how the most recent thing is worse than the great thing in the past.

The benefit for Slott is that we're probably a few months away from a consensus that the third volume of ASM was fantastic.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

Back to the issues, as Someone mentioned Dan plans way ahead and therefore so does Marvel whom he works for.....I do feel that as part of a long term plan this next relaunch is part of re-branding Spider/Peter and it not likely to go the way older readers will be comfortable with...all the hopes about MJ, the marriage etc or whatever older readers want forget it! It continues to be a new dawn with Spidey...roll with it or leave is what its coming to more and more....you've got to have a sense of humour to bring back the spider mobile, Dan's having a right laugh with that, but thats how he does it, while you're laughing a bit too he continues to make his/Marvels changes to Spidey....small consolation is Camuncoli art ant Ramos is gone, hurrah!

Jon
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 06-30-2015 at 04:33 PM.

it’s just experimentation lads, not a betrayal.

this is what creatives are meant to do. they’ll fail or succeed on the strength of story, but at least they’re not playing safe.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    it’s just experimentation lads, not a betrayal.

this is what creatives are meant to do. they’ll fail or succeed on the strength of story, but at least they’re not playing safe.
    If you wanted to play it safe but dangerous, you'd make him married with a kid. And a mistress. And a mortgage. And piano class payments for the kid.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by squirecam View Post
    My Grown-up Pete was married.

LOL at the "grown" Peter stuff...Marvel does NOT want Peter to grow, so how can Slott say this with a straight face.
    Yet he was Tony's bottom bitch, a sell out too Cap, something of a whiny idiot, and still working for Jonah even as a Avenger. Dude was a loser who stopped being that fun and thrill seeking wildcard who saved New York by himself and was a cool urban legend, then he got married and just became a tool working under Jerks and even Super Jerks(still never tapped into his scientific potential).

Yeah I will hope this new status quo goes on for a quite a long time.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Or those women are Black Widow and Psylocke...
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Greer Grant fits the bill as she's a trained Police Officer with a background in Microbiology
    I admire your persistence Darthfury.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    Apparently you can do anything with Spider-Man except have him mature emotionally.
    Peter was still a manbaby even when Married and even worse a sell out to Captain America.

Spider-Man is the lastguy I assiociate marriage with, he's more than likely gonna see himself a one of the kids than act like a fatherly guide to someone.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    If you wanted to play it safe but dangerous, you'd make him married with a kid. And a mistress. And a mortgage. And piano class payments for the kid.
    don’t forget that he’d need to have obscure characters from mc2 to baby-sit the kid when he’s off fighting the hulk’s villains. plus church every sunday to make up for you-know-what.

it’s like a cbr x-mas wish list.