Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Slott Promises Global "Amazing Spider-Man," Reveals New Designs

Peter Parker is going global in the new, post-"Secret Wars," "Amazing Spider-Man" series from Dan Slott and Giuseppe Camuncoli.

Full article here.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

It's already being discussed LOL but I will state again that I'll be trying it out though I do have reservations.

So Parker Industries is the new Stark Industries?

BANNED

Slott has done well with the franchise IMO. I'm excited for what he's got in store, but a little apprehensive about what this means for Renew Your Vows - will it mean anything in the scheme of things, or just operate as a separate story?

I'll give it a chance, grudgingly.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

All-New Member

Love this concept. It allows Miles to function as the New-York based and more "iconic" version of Spidey (high-school, money issues, ect.) while Peter takes a more global approach. Its a logical continuation of what Slott's been doing since the middle of Superior (you can say what you want about him, but he does plan well in advance and his long term plans end up delivering) and will allow for a different take on the character. Of course, this status quo will not last, but that's the beauty of comics, let's enjoy it while it lasts. I'm SO in.

Vertigo Psychonaut ChaoticScholar's Avatar

Logo looks like crap. I would rather Peter be humble nerdy rich guy. Not Stark Light.
    "People look at us and see the poor and the mad, but they’re looking at us through the bar of their cages.

There’s a palace in your head, boy.

Learn to live in it always. " -- Grant Morrison

Long-time loiterer

Whilst I do enjoy Slott's Spider-Man, I filled myself with ridiculous false hope when I saw Chip Zdarsky would be at the Spider-Man panel. Oh well.

I'll see where it goes; but from what's been said so far; a younger Spidey taking over their home city, a Spidermobile, an international range with the company that builds his tech; sounds like a better name for this would have been Batma-- Sorry, Spider-Man Inc. ..

Incredible Member steeplejack2112's Avatar

The costume sucks. Not sure why they needed to change it. I'll read it because I love Peter Parker/Spider-Man. I'm sure this concept won't last anyhow.

Astonishing Member

Honestly, I don't find Alex Ross to be a great costume designer.

Really not a fan of this look, with the Spidey-symbol and boots being the main problems I have with it.

Unnecessary redesign.

Its basically what Slott has been building up to since Brand New Day, and I'm sure not much well go smoothly with the company this time around either, and we'll get our usual share of Parker luck. From first glance this strays far from the Spider-Man concept but I have hope that Slott can pull this off without getting too far from the core of what he's about.

As for the costume... Much less webbing and more cross-hashes mean artists will love it.

All-New Member

Spider-Mobile.... I dont even know! Feels so campy.

BANNED

Yea, I won't be reading this. I was hoping they'd restore Peter's marriage, but I guess that was hoping too much. Sounds like there going to give Spidey a James Bond feel to him. Not interested.

I like it. Miles will be doing his thing in NYC, while Peter is doing his thing across the world. Plus, this is Peter Parker. You know he's going to screw up somewhere down the line. Another reason why I like this is that Peter is super smart. So if they're not going to go with the him settling down with a family thing, then he might as well be up there with the Elon Musk's and Mark Zuckerbergs of the world. I'm also to the point of screw the marriage. They've gone this far, and had Doc Ock start a company for him. They might as well roll with it.