Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default What did you think of our first glimpse at Eisenberg as Luthor?

So, the Batman v Superman comicon trailer is out, and we got a loot at the new Luthor played by Jesse Eisenberg. So, what did you think? Did he sound like Luthor? Did those few moments and lines from him say "Luthor" too you? Obviously we didn't get much, but I was hoping to hear what people thought.

Amazing Member

It was...interesting. I wonder what's up with the hair. But I am very excited to see how he does in the full movie.

I'm not ruling out the chance he might be very good, but I wasn't impressed by the trailer.

Incredible Member

I loved the lines he had in the trailer, and from what I saw in the trailer the way he acts like he is above everybody else is awesome.

It's not the Luthor I envision when I think of the character. But I get the feeling that what we saw is very much a "proto-Lex" akin to what we saw in Morrison's opening Action arc. Lex, despite his claims that Superman damages humanity's self-dependence, wouldnt be who he is without Superman's example to push against and rise up to. Action Lex was a little chunky and drank energy drinks like they were going out of style, but we saw that after the five year gap, the guy was pure muscle and intellect and drive. Without Superman, Lex never would have become a better version of himself. This movie Lex, I suspect, will turn out the same way. He seems a little meager here, a little foppish, certainly a bit mad. But by the end of the movie I think we'll have a bald Lex who is every inch the threat we know and love from the comics.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    It's not the Luthor I envision when I think of the character. But I get the feeling that what we saw is very much a "proto-Lex" akin to what we saw in Morrison's opening Action arc. Lex, despite his claims that Superman damages humanity's self-dependence, wouldnt be who he is without Superman's example to push against and rise up to. Action Lex was a little chunky and drank energy drinks like they were going out of style, but we saw that after the five year gap, the guy was pure muscle and intellect and drive. Without Superman, Lex never would have become a better version of himself. This movie Lex, I suspect, will turn out the same way. He seems a little meager here, a little foppish, certainly a bit mad. But by the end of the movie I think we'll have a bald Lex who is every inch the threat we know and love from the comics.
    This what I was thinking as well. I think this is the "origin" of how Lex becomes Superman's recurring nemesis. His arc is how Lex goes from lex to LEX.

At least it's different from all the previous live action Lex's, yet I see bits and pieces of all of them there.

Although....five dollars says that somehow, some way, Lex's hairloss is related to Superman. (side effect of Kryptonite poisoning?)

This is a Lex who has just met Superman so I don't expect him to be as obsessed like comic Lex.

Ultimate Member

I really like what we saw of him. He seems suitably arrogant, slimy, manipulative, and full-of self-confidence. Also his "devils" speech was DEFINATELY something that I could picture Lex saying.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

I liked him. No denying, he's a weird take, but I think we were all expecting that from the moment of casting. Still, I think maybe this is too little to judge on. Usually I'm annoyed when people talk about not judging by the trailer - that is what it is for - but he had maybe 7 seconds of new dialogue. I liked his confidence though, and he probably remains the thing about this movie I'm most excited about. Seems corny as hell though, albeit not through any fault of Eisenberg's.
    Buh-bye

Do you guys think the hair is actually a wig (in film) That's he is already bald yet uses a wig?

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    Do you guys think the hair is actually a wig (in film) That's he is already bald yet uses a wig?
    In the panel they alluded to it being a wig,
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Perfectly said.

I can't wait to see how he losses his hair!

BANNED

I think it'll work and surprise people

Hated it. Didn't feel like Lex at all. If I didn't know he was Lex ahead of time, I don't think I would know it was him based on the trailer.

But it is a trailer so I am not worried about it. I am sure he will pull it off. Other things I am more worried about
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html