View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • 8House: Arclight #1

5 15.63%
  • Airboy #2 (of 4)

5 15.63%
  • Athena IX (one shot)

0 0%
  • Chew #50

1 3.13%
  • Deadly Class #14

6 18.75%
  • Jupiter's Circle #4

0 0%
  • Minimum Wage: So Many Bad Decision #3 (of 6)

1 3.13%
  • Nailbiter #14

3 9.38%
  • No Mercy #4

0 0%
  • Outcast #10

1 3.13%
  • Punks The Comic (CBLDF special)

0 0%
  • We Stand On Guard #1

6 18.75%
  • The Wicked & The Divine #12

0 0%
  • Zero #18

3 9.38%
  • Other - The Humans #6, Oddly Normal #8

1 3.13%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Image Comics poll week 27 - New Brian K. Vaughan series, 8House launches & more

Welcome to the weekly poll, where we round up our thoughts on this week's Image comics. Vote for the one you liked best and let's chat!

In last week's fairly uneventful poll we saw The Fade Out #7 comfortably pull ahead of the competition, marking the 2nd win for the series this year.

Let's see how it shakes out this time around though, since this week is absolutely packed. First of all, mention should be made of Chew reaching a milestone by releasing its 50th issue; quite a feat in independent comics. Also noteworthy is Zero #18, which serves as the conclusion for Ales Kot's spy/war book. Another ending is found in Sattelite Sam, although there seems to be room for a sequel of some sorts - fingers crossed. Lastly, No Mercy ends its first story arc and has a gorgeous cover to boot.

New stuff! Four things this week, it's a busy Wednesday for Image fans.
    1. Brandon Graham launches the long-gestating 8House: Arclight, marking the beginning of this scifi/fantasy creator-owned shared universe (buzzwords galore!). The first issues of the Arclight plotline are drawn by Marian Churchland.
    2. Brian K. Vaughan teams up with Matrix-storyboard artist Steve Skroce to tell a story of Canadians resistance against the U.S. army in We Stand On Guard. This series created quite some buzz at the last Image Expo, let's see if it delivers!
    3. From the ever-expanding Top Cow universe comes Athena IX, a one-shot spin-off from the IXth Generation main series.
    4. Lastly, we get the Punks The Comic: CBLDF Special. Also a one-shot, this promises to break every single rule from the Comics Code Authority. Profits will benefit the Comics Legal Defense Fund.

220418.jpg 223325.jpg 223306.jpg
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

I got to read Chew #50 (thank you reviewer perks) and you guys who are fans are NOT going to want to miss this.

Here's my reaction without giving anything away.
    then and finally D:

I am pretty hyped for Chew's big 50th bash. Dis gon' be good.
    I doubt Deadly Class or Brian K Vaughn will be able to beat it. Zero and Humans are the wildcard potential weekly winners.

Will be picking up Airboy and We Stand On Guard tomorrow. I would totally grab Chew if I wasn't trade-waiting D:
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

Only Deadly Class for me this week.

I got to read 8House and thought it was excellent.
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

Picked up Deadly Class and We Stand on Guard this week.

Spectacular Member Chintzy Beatnik's Avatar

Minimum Wage: So Many Bad Decision #3.

I figure I'll read We Stand on Guard #1 at some later point but for now it has to be Minimum Wage for me.

In the spirit of Canada Day (and it having been an absurdly fun read), my vote goes to We Stand On Guard #1 this week. No Mercy #4 was up to its usual standard of indifferent brutality, but wrapped its first arc on a weird cliffhanger that won't advance for another two or three months. I was neither anticipating or satisfied at the end, just annoyed. Chew #50 was oddly underwhelming. I dunno, I just haven't been that taken with Tony's ascendance to vengeful badass. Ten issues left, so we'll see what the next year brings, but I'm mostly just meh on this arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    No Mercy #4 was up to its usual standard of indifferent brutality, but wrapped its first arc on a weird cliffhanger that won't advance for another two or three months. I was neither anticipating or satisfied at the end, just annoyed.
    Goooorgeous cover though.

NoMercy_04-1.jpg
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSnorefest View Post
    Goooorgeous cover though.

NoMercy_04-1.jpg
    Oh yes. Definitely no complaints so far as the interior or exterior art is concerned. I just feel like the arc could have used one more issue before the hiatus.

8house was fantastic. Lovely art. A fully formed world, mysterious and odd. You feel like an anthropologist exploring an alien culture. I'm intrigued.
    Current favourites: BPRD, Baltimore, Deadly Class, Zero, Prophet, Lazarus, East of West, MindMGMT

Deadly Class, always Deadly Class.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Oh yes. Definitely no complaints so far as the interior or exterior art is concerned. I just feel like the arc could have used one more issue before the hiatus.
    Question. I stopped reading around #2. Did the artwork stop being so cartoonish? That was so inappropriate when it was doing that early on given the dark tone of the comic.

I didn't read much for Image this week. Just Chew (read the review here), but hey, it was good.

I still need to read a few books before I make my vote, but I'm 90% sure it'll be Outcast. A very powerful issue, possibly the best of the series so far.

We Stand on Guard was slightly underwhelming for me. Maybe I just expect too much from BKV, because it was still a damn good issue. The setting and art grabbed me immediately, but the character work and overall plot seemed a little too basic. Still, it has tons of potential going forward.

Nailbiter was a fun read once again, with an ending that makes it hard to wait for next month. I'm looking forward to checking out 8house after all of the positive comments it's getting.