Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by orionblue View Post
    Nice!

I was wondering if there was a thread for Raven! Thanks for starting one.

The Wolfman/Pérez version and classic iconic costume is one of my favorites - I especially liked the fact that she was portrayed as a pacifist, mystic and healer. This is a combination which is rare and which made her doubly unique, imho.

The current version is not really my cup of tea, as she seems to be missing a lot of what made her unique: pacifism, healing, concern for others, plus her iconic costume and soul-self.

I would like DC to bring these elements back...
    I like these aspects of Raven as well and I would like to see some of this brought back for her current self. I feel like current Raven is going to be heavily influenced by her animated counter-part. I like that her animated counter-part had the shadow/darkness manipulation abilities. I think it was a nice addition to her power-set, especially for a cartoon show. However, I don't like how she was portrayed as overly cold for the show. I mean, in fairness, all of the characters had exaggerated personalities, so I guess it had to be done. While I generally like the Geoff Johns version of the Teen Titans, I felt that his raven was kinda lackluster in the feats department. Her personality was ok, but she didn't do much in terms of her powers.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    While I generally like the Geoff Johns version of the Teen Titans, I felt that his raven was kinda lackluster in the feats department. Her personality was ok, but she didn't do much in terms of her powers.
    I agree with this statement - and in regards to her powers, I believe DC has continually proven inept at portraying them. She is potentially one of the strongest characters that DC has, and yet they do not know what to do with her...sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    It was a mixed bag for me:
    -I dont get why they hired Strong to do the voice when they changed it so much you couldn't tell
    -Storywise she was just something that had been thrown in there with no real part to play, which was disappointing but unsurprising since everything in DC gravitates around Batman and Superman.

-I quite liked the design though.
    -I also liked the move-set
    -And I very much liked that, even though she was fallen, the Regime Raven was plotting their demise on her own.
    I think you summed up everything I thought about Injustice Raven as well!

I actually looked up who did the voice of Raven in Injustice and I was shocked when I found out it was Tara Strong. Like you mentioned, they filtered it so much it doesn't really matter who did the voice because she hardly sounds human (which I thought was somewhat of a cool effect). What I wasn't wild about was that Raven sounds so incredibly evil in Injustice, even in her alternate costumes where she's not part of the Regime. Raven has that side to her, definitely, but she also has the good and we didn't really get to see that in Injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by orionblue View Post
    I agree with this statement - and in regards to her powers, I believe DC has continually proven inept at portraying them. She is potentially one of the strongest characters that DC has, and yet they do not know what to do with her...sad.
    It is really sad. Raven's just one of those characters no one really seems to know what to do with
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

I am not following the current Teen Titans but I really liked her in the New Teen Titans and back in the day she was my favourite character in the animated Teen Titans. If DC every starts a book like JL Dark again I wouldn't mind seeing her there, with her backstory and powers she would fit in rather well and seeing her team up with the likes of Zatanna and Madame Xanadu has always been something I wanted to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    If DC every starts a book like JL Dark again I wouldn't mind seeing her there, with her backstory and powers she would fit in rather well and seeing her team up with the likes of Zatanna and Madame Xanadu has always been something I wanted to see.

This, for the win, imho! So many story ideas that can come out of this! Even though I like Raven as part of the Titans, it is ultimately time for DC to steer the character to JL status and consistently portray her as a strong, confident character that can hold her own against some of DC's heavy weights.

DC could even start a new book featuring just Madame Xanadu, Zatanna and Raven - get some top notch writer like James Robinson and a great dynamic artist (please no cheese cake!!) and let them run loose...

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    I am not following the current Teen Titans but I really liked her in the New Teen Titans and back in the day she was my favourite character in the animated Teen Titans. If DC every starts a book like JL Dark again I wouldn't mind seeing her there, with her backstory and powers she would fit in rather well and seeing her team up with the likes of Zatanna and Madame Xanadu has always been something I wanted to see.
    Now THAT would be a fantastic idea! I can't believe they hadn't done this already.
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

I really like the Earth One version of Raven. I liked that she was Native American and her costume was a nice twist of her classic look.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

BANNED

I quite like that look as well, actually I like most of the designs of the E1 Titans; the exceptions being Slade in that Stormtrooper armor, and Starfire who's definitely lost the sex-appeal she was originally designed with.

BANNED

Just announced!

Raven mini-series by Marv Wolfman

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2...sive/29756145/

BANNED

Sounds cool that Raven is getting a mini series. Also I know people prefer the original costume but I like the new one she has right now.

BANNED

Just announced!

This is great news!

With Wolfman back on Raven maybe he can salvage the new 52 character into something more interesting and give her a new costume as well.

Anything to get rid of what is the new 52 Raven look. At least give the fans something connected to the old Raven look.

Just announced!

This is good. I hope its well written and I would love it if she received a better costume. Raven has a ton of potential that I don't want DC to leave by the wayside.

Just announced!

This was pretty much my face when I found out:

So incredibly excited about this

Just announced!

Awesome sauce!!!

Now to keep my fingers crossed that the artist will fit the character and story!

I wouldn't mind someone like Pérez...wishful thinking, I know, but one can hope!!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post

I really like the Earth One version of Raven. I liked that she was Native American and her costume was a nice twist of her classic look.

I agree with this, as well.

Now, knowing that Wolfman is to write another 6 issue mini for Raven, I am hoping that he instigates a change back to the classic and iconic costume...please please please DC???