Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Aside the costume, and the hope for a new one more in tune with the classic.
    I am positive that Wolfman is writing her again, because Didio is right that he is the best man for the job.

Despite the abominable art in the old mini-series, pitting Raven against the Medusa Mask of the Psycho Pirate was a good story and I am certain it would have been better received if the art hadn't resembled an acid trip.
    Also, it's worth remembering that Wolfman was the writer of the Trigon villain issue, and managed to make Raven work as a villain when she faced off against Jon-El in Superboy.

What I am hoping this new mini-series gives us, is a sort of aftermath to her change of heart and a setup to what her status quo will be now. With this I am hoping for an appearance of Trigon or Belial, and possibly guest appearances of other heroes reacting to her and Trigon being around.

Quote Originally Posted by orionblue View Post
    Awesome sauce!!!

Now to keep my fingers crossed that the artist will fit the character and story!

I wouldn't mind someone like Pérez...wishful thinking, I know, but one can hope!!
    Having George Pérez do the art would be amazing. Wolfman and Pérez reunited!

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    What I am hoping this new mini-series gives us, is a sort of aftermath to her change of heart and a setup to what her status quo will be now. With this I am hoping for an appearance of Trigon or Belial, and possibly guest appearances of other heroes reacting to her and Trigon being around.
    I would be all over that.
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

BANNED

Unlike everyone on these forums, I hope the New 52 look stays. Her old look that everyone is so nostalgic for is way too basic. Something with a little substance is needed, especially when it comes to a demon girl.

BANNED

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2..._Earth_001.jpg

The new look made me care about Raven again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    Unlike everyone on these forums, I hope the New 52 look stays. Her old look that everyone is so nostalgic for is way too basic. Something with a little substance is needed, especially when it comes to a demon girl.
    Think it's basicness is what many here find appealing. It's a classic superhero getup, timeless and elegant. Comparing it to the New 52 look is like comparing an iPhone to one of those phones with an entire keyboard on them. Plus it was one of the few costumes that was partly a dress rather than some version of a jump-suit.

But I am curious, what do you mean by 'substance' when it's the attire for a demon-human hybrid?

I'm pretty sure the costume is going to get fixed. Her current one is bad and the feedback for it has been very poor as well that I would be surprised if DC doesn't use the mini series as an opportunity to change it back to her more iconic look. I mean when DC did their 24 new book launch in June they changed most of those characters' costumes.

BANNED

Think it's basicness is what many here find appealing. It's a classic superhero getup, timeless and elegant. Comparing it to the New 52 look is like comparing an iPhone to one of those phones with an entire keyboard on them. Plus it was one of the few costumes that was partly a dress rather than some version of a jump-suit.

But I am curious, what do you mean by 'substance' when it's the attire for a demon-human hybrid?

A costume for a demon-human hybrid should have some flare to it. She should look creepy, she should look scary. I know horror better than anyone on here. But whatever, if they change the look, I'll most likely won't read the Raven miniseries at all. I'm sure you guys will win, DC usually gives in to the complainers.

BANNED

I don't see anything wrong with her new look.

I only hate it when they change Starfires Prezz design.

BANNED

A costume for a demon-human hybrid should have some flare to it.
    She should look creepy, she should look scary. I know horror better than anyone on here.
    But whatever, if they change the look, I'll most likely won't read the Raven miniseries at all.
    I'm sure you guys will win, DC usually gives in to the complainers.
    If she was flamboyant as part of her personality, sure.
    Like Liam Neeson so rightly said; "Men fear most what they cannot see." The old outfit did this perfectly because Raven could, if wished, walk around completely concealed, meaning there could be anything under that hood. This new one however, is not scary and the only one who cannot see anything is Raven.
    Then I have to say it sounds like you are more interested in the outfit than in the character. If it migrated onto Dove, would you read her book instead?
    The New 52 is still here, so DC hasn't caved about that. Wally is still a punk, so thats not been changed either. What they do change is very badly designed outfits, and no outfit is more poorly designed than Ravens.

BANNED

Word of advice, never ever assume anything about me. I'm more interested in her outfit, than the actual character? Oh, how wrong you are. Raven has always been one of my favorite characters since i got my hands on Wolfman's New Teen Titans as a kid. She was someone I could really relate to. So much darkness within her and yet she uses her abilities for good. She's with the good guys. I've been reading comics since '97, I'm no newbie. I think it bothers you that I really love the new look. I like what I like and I will not apologize for that.

If she was flamboyant as part of her personality, sure.
    Like Liam Neeson so rightly said; "Men fear most what they cannot see." The old outfit did this perfectly because Raven could, if wished, walk around completely concealed, meaning there could be anything under that hood. This new one however, is not scary and the only one who cannot see anything is Raven.
    Then I have to say it sounds like you are more interested in the outfit than in the character. If it migrated onto Dove, would you read her book instead?
    The New 52 is still here, so DC hasn't caved about that. Wally is still a punk, so thats not been changed either. What they do change is very badly designed outfits, and no outfit is more poorly designed than Ravens.

BANNED

Word of advice, never ever assume anything about me.
    I'm more interested in her outfit, than the actual character? Oh, how wrong you are. Raven has always been one of my favorite characters since i got my hands on Wolfman's New Teen Titans as a kid. She was someone I could really relate to. So much darkness within her and yet she uses her abilities for good. She's with the good guys. I've been reading comics since '97, I'm no newbie. I think it bothers you that I really love the new look. I like what I like and I will not apologize for that.
    And here is a word of advice for you: Don't ever tell me what to do.

Especially not when you blatanly state the outfit is the only reason you'd read a solo book featuring her. That's the sign of your interest in the character being extremely shallow, like the people who were screaming about Powergirl not having her tit-window any more.

Then you can like what you like at some other character when the outfit is one day changed, the rest of us long time fans will keep reading; because we are fans.

BANNED

Oh, so I'm not a fan? What exactly am I then? Just curious. Because I'm pretty sure I live and breathe comics, I'm pretty sure I want to start writing my own material, I have gotten dozens of people into comics. I fully embrace comics and of course the new fans, I don't drive them away like the elitist fans of today. You have a lot of balls telling what I am and what I am not.

And here is a word of advice for you: Don't ever tell me what to do.

Especially not when you blatanly state the outfit is the only reason you'd read a solo book featuring her. That's the sign of your interest in the character being extremely shallow, like the people who were screaming about Powergirl not having her tit-window any more.

Then you can like what you like at some other character when the outfit is one day changed, the rest of us long time fans will keep reading; because we are fans.
    Last edited by Starchild; 07-07-2015 at 01:31 PM.

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    If DC every starts a book like JL Dark again I wouldn't mind seeing her there, with her backstory and powers she would fit in rather well and seeing her team up with the likes of Zatanna and Madame Xanadu has always been something I wanted to see.
    I think this idea is brilliant! If the upcoming Dark Universe comic featured a team with Raven, Zatanna, Deadman, Etrigan, and other characters, I would definitely read it.

Plus Cyborg joined the Justice League, Beast Boy was with the Doom Patrol, and Robin, depending on which one it is, is already an established DC character as Batman's sidekick. I never read Starfire's run with Arsenal and Red Hood, but her solo looks good so far. Raven on a major team like Justice League Dark sounds long overdue compared to where her fellow team mates have moved onto or been on before.

As for Raven herself, I haven't been following her comics besides reading some of the later issues of Teen Titans before the New 52, but her animated counterpart on the original series is one of my favorite animated characters. I found episodes that featured her to be the most interesting in the show. Besides Nevermore which introduced her multiple concealed emotions as their own characters, one of my favorite episodes was Car Trouble. This was a rare episode that featured Raven on a Cyborg-centric episode and we got to see a different side to her, plus her smile in the end of the episode was really unexpected but nice to see.
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

I like the Kris Anka retooling of the Raven outfit that keeps the basic look of the classic and adds some layers and feather-y textures.

"Kris’s Raven notes: When I think of Raven, “dark elegance” is what always comes to mind. With all her costumes, the “dark” is always apparent, but I felt there’s been a lack of “elegance” of late, and that’s what I sought to bring back. I also tried to incorporate as many design elements I could from an actual Raven. The tail inspired the shape of the cape, the wings inspired her shoulders, and I added actual feathers onto her, etc. I’ve never thought of her as a mobile character, so I chose to go a more “fashion route.”'

Kris Anka's design is fantastic! That's how you incorporate feathers into it. She also had my favorite look on the Injustice game with them. Really hope they give her a similar look for Wolfman's series, she's in desperate need of an overhaul.