Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I bet she gets pants/leggings added to the look.

I wouldn't mind something along the lines of this design by Deviant Art-er tsbranch
    http://tsbranch.deviantart.com
    It's a nice 'street' update, better than the current one certainly... but she has claws on her boots... whyyyy...? (Not thrilled about the lip-piercing either... don't think I've ever seen anyone where that looked good.)

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    It's a nice 'street' update, better than the current one certainly... but she has claws on her boots... whyyyy...? (Not thrilled about the lip-piercing either... don't think I've ever seen anyone where that looked good.)

At this stage, I'm just hoping for a good story and art which is similar to Pérez or Jimenez (fingers crossed)

From the Titans Hunt miniseries preview thread....perhaps a look at Raven's Remixed look? Torn tights ala MCU Scarlet Witch?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    Attachment 27653

Straight from Comixology. !

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    From the Titans Hunt miniseries preview thread....perhaps a look at Raven's Remixed look? Torn tights ala MCU Scarlet Witch?
    I'd say they are riffing the X-Men Evolution version of SW.

Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    I'd say they are riffing the X-Men Evolution version of SW.

That's exactly what I thought, not really Raven's style but we'll see.

Does the current version of Raven have any decent power feats?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Does the current version of Raven have any decent power feats?
    Those I can remember:
    -Created multiple illusions of herself
    -Ripped the heart out of Belial, who had shrugged off Superboy punching him.
    -limited control over where the Titans were going while lost in the timestream
    -speaking of time, she is apparently immune to temporal freeze-ups
    -Destroyed the 'living DNA'-thing Harvest was using
    -Teleporting from Chicago to New York
    -Has access to knowledge and command of various demons and 'demigods' she can call on to fight for her (not seen yet)
    -Healed an otherwise fatal injury
    -Was able to see an otherwise invisible kid... and smash a brick over his head.

That said, I quite like this as an alternate design for Raven (mind you, it is Raven from the mind of a fan-artist).

Admittedly the first thing that springs to mind when I see it is that card Yugioh is so fond of, but I quite like the idea of this as a kind of 'Raven unleashed' thing, where she drops all her normal barriers and becomes something else. Like, if this was in white rather than purple, this could easily be the opposite of her turning red and growing more eyes.
    Last edited by Outside_85; 10-10-2015 at 02:43 PM.

Here's the updated cover to Titans Hunt #1. Dick is wearing his New 52 Robin costume, Cyborg looks more like his current design, Garth's costume has been tweaked, and we get our first look at Raven's post feather face costume.

image.jpg

I wish she had the long cloak and I'm not really liking the ripped pants but it's a million times better than the Rocofort design.

Nothing tops the original.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Absolutely true!! The original design is classy, mysterious and commanding all at the same time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Absolutely true!! The original design is classy, mysterious and commanding all at the same time.
    All depending on the artist and their ability to make the cloak's volume and the shadows work, which isn't always the case. It works great when Raven's face remains mostly in shadows so deep we cant see the details, it also works great when the cloak appears to make her bigger than she is... a bit like when birds or other beasts make themselves look bigger to scare off rivals and predators.

When it doesn't work is when we can clearly see her face and when the cloak and hood hangs off her like a wet towel.

Raven is a queen. Worship her.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    All depending on the artist and their ability to make the cloak's volume and the shadows work, which isn't always the case. It works great when Raven's face remains mostly in shadows so deep we cant see the details, it also works great when the cloak appears to make her bigger than she is... a bit like when birds or other beasts make themselves look bigger to scare off rivals and predators.

When it doesn't work is when we can clearly see her face and when the cloak and hood hangs off her like a wet towel.
    Good points. I like it when her cloak is flowing and puffed up. It gives her an added dose of mystery which is what I like about her.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

I know this show is goofy, but it has some cute/funny things. Sometimes.

And some oldies.

Nice finds above.

I'm a fan of the Starfire & Raven friendship that the two of them have always had. I hope we get to see that continue some way in in the comics. However with the current trajectories of each of them, I don't know if it will ever be like it was. I always liked how Starfire served as a nice balance to Raven.