View Poll Results: Who Is Your Favourite Canadian Character Aside From Wolverine, Deadpool And Sabretoothe?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Guardian (James Hudson)

7 14.00%
  • Vindicator (Heather Hudson)

2 4.00%
  • Northstar

16 32.00%
  • Aurora

5 10.00%
  • Sasquatch

8 16.00%
  • Puck

12 24.00%
  • Shaman

2 4.00%
  • Wendigo

2 4.00%
  • Graviton

3 6.00%
  • Madison Jeffries

7 14.00%
  • Wild Child

0 0%
  • Silver Fox

2 4.00%
  • Marrina

2 4.00%
  • Snowbird

11 22.00%
  • Other

2 4.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    At least with his stint as Wanda, it felt less like a gimmick and more like there being actual consequences for doing an end run around death. Hey, great! You're back with the living, but don't think you're just going to pick your old life up where you left off. I also thought it would have been interesting if part of the consequence of inhabiting the body of a demigod had been more of Walter/Wanda also being saddled with Snowbird's imperative to stand against the Great Beasts.
    This is where I have to admit that I dislike the Great Beasts almost as much as I dislike Puck. As villains go, I've never found them very compelling; I guess the threat they represent just doesn't seem very immediate, and they're not exactly overflowing with personality. The Master of the World gets overused as Alpha Flight's main antagonist, but I'd rather read a hundred stories featuring him than one with the Great Beasts.

Of course, future Alpha Flight writers -- Ha! -- could expand upon some other villains. I really like Dreamqueen, and Gilded Lily has a cool aesthetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    By contrast, the whole "Sasquatch smash!" thing felt like change with no real purpose behind it, just altering the character to fit the played out archetype of the transformed brute.
    Yes, very much so.

I see Walter as someone who actually enjoys being a superhero -- something which often seems like a rarity for Marvel characters -- despite the fact that he's not particularly good at it. He's the kind of guy who likes being the center of attention, and what better way to achieve that being being a 3 m tall monster person covered in orange fur?

Having him be the smart guy who turns into a brute, really doesn't do much for the character.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

I forgot to mention earlier who I voted for on the poll. I voted for Northstar; as a gay Canadian I've always been proud that the first gay superhero is also Canadian. So I'm glad to see he's leading the poll, although Puck was gaining on him for a bit and is still a rather close second. And like I said earlier; I'm surprised, I didn't know Puck was that popular.

Radius FTW