View Poll Results: Who Is Your Favourite Canadian Character Aside From Wolverine, Deadpool And Sabretoothe?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Guardian (James Hudson)

7 14.00%
  • Vindicator (Heather Hudson)

2 4.00%
  • Northstar

16 32.00%
  • Aurora

5 10.00%
  • Sasquatch

8 16.00%
  • Puck

12 24.00%
  • Shaman

2 4.00%
  • Wendigo

2 4.00%
  • Graviton

3 6.00%
  • Madison Jeffries

7 14.00%
  • Wild Child

0 0%
  • Silver Fox

2 4.00%
  • Marrina

2 4.00%
  • Snowbird

11 22.00%
  • Other

2 4.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Default Who Is Your Favourite Canadian Character Aside From Wolverine, Deadpool And Sabretoothe?

In honour of Canada Day I'm asking who is your favourite Canadian character aside from Wolverine, Deadpool and Sabretoothe. Because let's be honest, those three are by far the most popular and would dominate the poll.
    Last edited by MasterOfMagnetism; 06-30-2015 at 09:50 PM.

Punk Marrina is pretty awesome. One of the best redesigns ever - took one of the dullest, least-interesting character ever and made her someone I desperately want more of.

Still, I'd probably have to go with Puck. He's just a great character. Really fun.

Incredible Member

I always had a soft spot for Guardian because of the great simplistic costume by John Byrne. Im not even Canadian and I freaking love that costume.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    In honour of Canada Day I'm asking who is your favourite Canadian character aside from Wolverine, Deadpool and Sabretoothe. Because let's be honest, those three are by far the most popular and would dominate the poll.
    In order of adoration:

1. Northstar. Snarky queer reformed political terrorists ftw.
    2. Aurora. Girl's a survivor. I just wish writers would do more with her.
    3. Puck. Guy kicks the asses of opponents three times his size without even having powers. Plus he's got the type of past that would qualify him for a lead spot in a Hemingway or Jack London novel. A severely underrated character.
    4. Vindicator. Always more interesting than Guardian, sorry.
    5. Roger Bochs. The original Box, and a character who deserved a much better fate than he was dealt.
    6. Talisman. Doing magical girl transformations before it was cool.
    7. Guardian. Kinda bland, tbh, but still a mostly solid character. And he got one of the most memorable deaths in comics before later writers made a joke of it, poor guy.
    8. Every other Canadian character.
    9. Chuck Austen's Alpha Flight armor.
    10. Sasquatch, the dumbest smart man in the Marvel Universe. This is the guy Hank Pym thinks of when he needs to feel better about himself.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 06-30-2015 at 11:34 PM.

Guardian (James Hudson) - Love his costume.
    To me...he's a combination of Captain America and Iron Man.
    I wish writers would do right by him more.

after Guardian...

Northstar
    Shaman
    Snowbird
    Sasquatch
    Aurora
    Heather Hudson
    Marrina
    Puck
    Madison Jeffries

Happy Canada Day!
    Last edited by Herowatcher; 07-01-2015 at 12:36 AM.
    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Puck. Hands down...

If you think about it shouldn't James Hudson be one of the Marvel Universe's greatest geniuses? I mean his suit is just like any other spandex suit and yet it gives him superpowers, Tony Stark's suits in comparison are made out of metal and are powered by his arc reactor.

Ultimate Member

I picked Snowbird, but I'm also a big fan of Marrina (who is heir to 'the Master of the Worlds' plodex technology *and* technically still Queen of Atlantis!) and Madison Jeffries.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I picked Snowbird, but I'm also a big fan of Marrina (who is heir to 'the Master of the Worlds' plodex technology *and* technically still Queen of Atlantis!) and Madison Jeffries.
    I dunno, man. Killing your wife twice over seems a pretty good indication that the marriage is most definitely over.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    Oh my God, yes! The monologue about what straight people know about gay people compared to what Americans know about Canada is one of the greatest things I've ever seen.

Boisterously Confused

I was shredded - not merely torn - between Guardian and Snow Bird. However, I finally came down on the side of the shape changer. I really loved the early depictions of her, where it took her a while to shake the characteristics of the forms that she took. I always wondered what would have happened if she'd remained Anne McKenzie too long.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    If you think about it shouldn't James Hudson be one of the Marvel Universe's greatest geniuses? I mean his suit is just like any other spandex suit and yet it gives him superpowers, Tony Stark's suits in comparison are made out of metal and are powered by his arc reactor.
    Yeah, but Guardian wasn't smart enough to get control of his inventions and make a gazillion from them.

I had to go with Puck, I prefer the "badass with dwarfism" to "Badass had mystical encounter and got shrunk" version but eitherway Eugene Milton Judd is a great guy.
    "A gentleman will not insult me, and no man not a gentleman can insult me."-Frederick Douglass

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I was shredded - not merely torn - between Guardian and Snow Bird. However, I finally came down on the side of the shape changer. I really loved the early depictions of her, where it took her a while to shake the characteristics of the forms that she took. I always wondered what would have happened if she'd remained Anne McKenzie too long.

Yeah, but Guardian wasn't smart enough to get control of his inventions and make a gazillion from them.
    Yeah James should've gotten a copyright on the Guardian suit tech, lol.

I should point out that I made the poll multiple choice so that if anyone REALLY likes more than one character on the poll they can vote for them both.

I'm torn between Northstar and Snowbird.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Punk Marrina is pretty awesome. One of the best redesigns ever - took one of the dullest, least-interesting character ever and made her someone I desperately want more of.
    I feel the opposite. I loved her sweet personality turning badass on occasions, her romance with Namor and her alien backstory (even if it has been milked to death now). I found Punk Marrina rather annoying.