Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default If Marvel is serious about pushing the Inhumans, why not team them up with the Avengers or GOTG?

I'm talking about a monthly team-up book combo of Inhumans and Avengers or Inhumans and GOTG. Seems such a shame for the Inhumans to only get one series under the All-new, All Different Marvel. I know there are the solo series of Karnak and Ms. Marvel(although I don't consider her an Inhuman). Marvel should have used popular characters to push the Inhumans. Maybe even a monthly Spider-Man and the Inhumans.

I don't know about the GOTG, but I'd love for gorgon to be on the Avengers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    I'm talking about a monthly team-up book combo of Inhumans and Avengers or Inhumans and GOTG. Seems such a shame for the Inhumans to only get one series under the All-new, All Different Marvel. I know there are the solo series of Karnak and Ms. Marvel(although I don't consider her an Inhuman). Marvel should have used popular characters to push the Inhumans. Maybe even a monthly Spider-Man and the Inhumans.
    If you believe in the CompleX, it's because Marvel is too busy trying to sucker in the X-Fans, thus connecting the plots of Inhumans to the X-Men.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    If you believe in the CompleX, it's because Marvel is too busy trying to sucker in the X-Fans, thus connecting the plots of Inhumans to the X-Men.
    I believe the CompleX, and I also believe it's because the X-MEN have always been able to stand on their own without interacting with the rest of the MU, maybe they wan't the Inhumans to be the same

Uncanny Avengers will have a larger Inhuman presence, according to the teaser. They also have one of the NuHumans, the one on fire, on the team.
    My fan fiction:

The Outstanding, a fan fic Universe where Marvel characters and stories are reshaped, revised and retold. Check it out!

The Ultimate Flash, where I take inspiration from classic Silver-Age Comics of Barry Allen and the new CW TV Show to give an old character a new spin! Click here to read!

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away the Marvel and Star Wars Universe combine! Check out Marvel: Star Wars' first family, the Fantastic Four! Read it here!

Well, i think that Marvel nowdays think that the Inhumans will have better sales if their plots are linked to the X-men's, than simply showing in the Avengers books. And i also think that is pretty likely that they going to use Ms. Marvel to push the rest of the Inhumans.

Extraordinary Member

There is only so much they are going to throw at it, do not forget it spun out of the Big Event of the Year. If they tie it to much with other franchises it will also limit its growth. Once the main title is stable they will no doubt grow it by teaming up characters.

Quote Originally Posted by xMatt View Post
    Uncanny Avengers will have a larger Inhuman presence, according to the teaser. They also have one of the NuHumans, the one on fire, on the team.
    Okay, where have you heard that? The only thing I've heard is that it's the Human torch, not Inferno. (And trust me, I'd rather have inferno) But I'm wondering if we're going to have any pow wow type scenes between the Avengers and the inhumans.

That's actually Johnny Storm, from what I've heard. The Inhuman on the team is presumably the woman with the red circle on her chest.

You're right, I may have jumped the gun. I had read it somewhere, but can't find the source now.

Although, the teaser does state they will include Inhumans more. What is weird, is that the Human Torch and Inferno will both be appearing in Uncanny Inhumans ... so one of them is going to be appearing in both.
    My fan fiction:

The Outstanding, a fan fic Universe where Marvel characters and stories are reshaped, revised and retold. Check it out!

The Ultimate Flash, where I take inspiration from classic Silver-Age Comics of Barry Allen and the new CW TV Show to give an old character a new spin! Click here to read!

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away the Marvel and Star Wars Universe combine! Check out Marvel: Star Wars' first family, the Fantastic Four! Read it here!

I think Marvel should instead make the book have a clearer focus and have done 2 Inhumans books so that they could flesh out the very large cast.

Incredible Member idisestablish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    That's actually Johnny Storm, from what I've heard. The Inhuman on the team is presumably the woman with the red circle on her chest.
    You're right, I may have jumped the gun. I had read it somewhere, but can't find the source now.

Although, the teaser does state they will include Inhumans more. What is weird, is that the Human Torch and Inferno will both be appearing in Uncanny Inhumans ... so one of them is going to be appearing in both.
    We don't know who that is in the preview. I actually tweeted Gerry Duggan and Ryan Stegman, and although they both responded, they evaded the question. It could be Toro or Jim Hammond as well, even though Toro was a little purplish when last I saw him. Another important thing to remember is that it is just a preview, not a representation of everything we're going to see in the book. For all we know, Crystal joins in issue #2 (for example). After all, the team only consisted of X-Men and Avengers up until now. I would be surprised if there weren't an issue or two to lead into Inhumans being included on the team.

You're right and I hope more information comes out regarding the Inhuman involvement in Uncanny Avengers. I'm very interesting in how they build this part of their universe and want to collect as much content with them as possible.
    My fan fiction:

Incredible Member

I really think they should be distancing characters from the Avengers rather than lining anymore into the roster, and while I think the Guardians are crowded enough as it is I do agree that the Inhumans interacting with them makes more sense than them hanging around planetside.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    I think Marvel should instead make the book have a clearer focus and have done 2 Inhumans books so that they could flesh out the very large cast.
    A book completely divorced from the royal family / political stuff, dealing with any of the dozens of other Inhumans (entire sub-groups, such as the former supporters of Maximus, since exiled, or the Dark Riders, also persona non grata in Attilan, have been pretty much forgotten!) out there, could be neat, leaving the other book to deal with Medusa being Medusa.

As for integration, having Karnak, Gorgon or Crystal joining up with an Avengers team would certainly up the recognition factor (maybe not Triton, he's kind of dull...), without trying to shoe-horn Medusa into everything, since she's basically supposed to be kind of too busy for adventuring, assuming she actually does her job and rules. Same with Namor and Black Panther, for that matter. Run your countries and send Shuri or Namora off to go superhero in your name (or designate them ruler if you want to ditch your responsibilities and go play).