Page 1 of 46 1234511 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Secret Wars #4 spoiler

Ok... Here we go...

spoilers:
    Explanations start and we can see that no one from the raft likes to see Doom as a God.

Cyclops however as a ideology linked to the Phoenix power he has now... He kind of understands what Doom has done.

We get to see some fighting and the Thors asking Doom God for help (he doesn't care with mortals). Sue points out that the force field that the Maker use can withstand Mjolnir and her's can't. Valeria points out Thanos massive power.

Strange appears with everyone else from the Raft. The battle of "words" begin...

Thanos unleashes his full power.

Phoenix Scott VS Doom God = Phoenix Scott death.

Strange saving every one else and standing against Doom God = Strange death.
    end of spoilers

Discuss
    Last edited by NunoTaborda; 07-01-2015 at 07:02 AM.

Default Secret Wars #4 Review/Discussion (SPOILERS)

The following is brought to you by God Emperor Doom. He is God. F**k with him and you will die. Doesn't matter who you think you are.

Long May He Reign.

But seriously, this issue had me SO HYPED. Thors vs the Cabal, Thors AND the Survivors vs The Cabal, Doom's intervention, THAT ENDING! Secret Wars has all the makings of the best crossover since... I don't even know!

If I just had one wish, ONE WISH, it was for God Emperor Doom to let that Survivors/Cabal fight happen in it's entirety. I would pay for more pages just to see that.

Hickman and Ribic so far have been keeping a fantastic pace with this crossover. Providing some time to see at least some of the huge fight, allowing some time for further discussion, and having some scenes of pure eye candy! Around this point, even stuff like HoM and Civil War had already worn it's welcome, but we are half way and I still want more! Why can't it be bi-monthly!
    Last edited by Double 0; 07-01-2015 at 06:26 AM.
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

Amazing Member

The Marvel App still hasn't posted it, I have no idea why they take so long when DC's updates so quickly.

Also a key point here- there are only two Reeds in all of Battleworld- Maker and 616 Richards. So Doom didn't kill any Reeds or steal Sue from any Reeds. But he did recreate Reed's family.

And that final interaction between Strange and Doom- priceless

BANNED

Cyclops dying was the best part for me.

You have no idea how the Cyclops appreciation forum truly feel that he was going to make the biggest impact in the story. (believe me they've been warned but they don't listen and many of them don't really follow much of marvel books anything that don't feat. cyclops. Now I cant wait til they start harping how SW simply sucks as an event in general cause Phoenix Cyclops didn't save the day.)

Plus the way cyclops came off before he died definitely suggested he was in it for himself and not so much everyone else around him.

Kudos's Johnathon Hickman. This is going to be the ultimate showdown between Reed Richards and Victor Von Doom.

So cyclops is dead and probably recreated by Doom and dumped in New York 616/1610 or The one in UE is a created ver. and Doom killed the real one.

Dr. Strange scattered everyone else so....

Thano's 616 is in IG
    Star Lord 616 is in Upcoming Kitty and Star Lord mini
    Carol 616 is in CM and Corps
    Namor 616 is in A-Force
    Tchalla and Reed is unknown. (probably hanging around in the main SW book)

Edit:

Dr. Strange and Doom was priceless
    Thano's calling out Doom on his god hood was great and adding if not hinting there's more than meet's the eye to Doom. Also the point Valeria made about Thano's 616 being stronger than the BW iteration that is present.
    Scott ideology being imbued with a cosmic nature god force and facing another god was ok but it definitely felt more like Scott giving off his own personal intentions than not.
    Last edited by Hariel0079; 07-01-2015 at 06:46 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Biclopcicle View Post
    Also a key point here- there are only two Reeds in all of Battleworld- Maker and 616 Richards. So Doom didn't kill any Reeds or steal Sue from any Reeds. But he did recreate Reed's family.

And that final interaction between Strange and Doom- priceless
    And as far as we can see from the comics coming after this event, we don't see any Reed or Doom in any cover...

Agree... For those who thought that Strange was manipulating something somehow, we got to see that 616 Strange still had some principles...

And let's see how Reed will save this universe and all the characters (I'm starting to believe that Reed will be the hero, along with "his" family that Doom created).

By the way, I'm really licking to have 616 Spidey alive to make some jokes along the way

Quote Originally Posted by NunoTaborda View Post
    And as far as we can see from the comics coming after this event, we don't see any Reed or Doom in any cover...

Agree... For those who thought that Strange was manipulating something somehow, we got to see that 616 Strange still had some principles...

And let's see how Reed will save this universe and all the characters (I'm starting to believe that Reed will be the hero, along with "his" family that Doom created).

By the way, I'm really licking to have 616 Spidey alive to make some jokes along the way
    Brevoort said on his tumblr that the leaked covers don't include all of the post SW books. So I think Doom and Reed's fate are (purposefully) still up in the air.

Man I cannot get over how awesome this issue (and the whole series thus far) is! Tough to wait 6 weeks for the next one. Sounds like the rest of the beans get spilt next issue, and then 6-8 is the conclusion. Based on the solicit, issue #7 is 56 pages. Maybe #8 will be oversized as well- that would give us basically 11 or so issues worth of material.

So it looked like Doom didn't recognize Ultimate Reed Richards? Is there something different about Maker that he isn't likethe other Reeds or something? Or was Doom just so distracted by 616 Reed that he didn't care to notice Ult Reed?

Good to see Doom still has a Reed fetish despite his ultimate power... but how int he world do you stop someone strong enough to elminate Phoenix AND Strange with ease?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    So it looked like Doom didn't recognize Ultimate Reed Richards? Is there something different about Maker that he isn't likethe other Reeds or something? Or was Doom just so distracted by 616 Reed that he didn't care to notice Ult Reed?

Good to see Doom still has a Reed fetish despite his ultimate power... but how int he world do you stop someone strong enough to elminate Phoenix AND Strange with ease?
    To be fair, it's pretty clear the Doom is not omniscient and The Maker has his helmet on.
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Biclopcicle View Post
    Brevoort said on his tumblr that the leaked covers don't include all of the post SW books. So I think Doom and Reed's fate are (purposefully) still up in the air.

Man I cannot get over how awesome this issue (and the whole series thus far) is! Tough to wait 6 weeks for the next one. Sounds like the rest of the beans get spilt next issue, and then 6-8 is the conclusion. Based on the solicit, issue #7 is 56 pages. Maybe #8 will be oversized as well- that would give us basically 11 or so issues worth of material.
    Oh... Thanks for the info Maybe we'll see new covers with them, then...

Maybe in the same way Doom and Strange killed/stopped the Beyonders? :S

There are other "Stranges" living in Battleworld that can help in terms of magic. Unless it was MM power that made everything happen... If that is the case, maybe the gold statue of MM still has him inside...

Spectacular Member jdmorris1124's Avatar

Another great chapter in what I believe has been the best Marvel event in a LONG time.

The last panel gave me chills

2015-07-01_9-54-12.jpg

That scene where he spots 616 Reed- the music definitely came screeching to a halt (As Maximus promptly noted)! Yeah Doom was distracted. And Maker was wearing his helmet. Man he totally pwned PhoenixClops.

Finding a destination in the infinite multiverse

I think Phoenixclops survived, that Stephen teleported them away before he could die, if he died, phoenix force can reincarnate anyways. Also Doom's showing his true colors now.
    Note: This person is a Peter Parker, Hank Pym, Bruce Banner, Reed Richards and James Howlett fanboy, used to be a Steve Rogers fanboy before he turned grumpy.

For better or for worse, Doom's Reed fixation is just too hot wired into his DNA to ever completely go away. I think it's calmed down quite a bit in recent years but it's always going to be there. And it's a good thing, because I think it's a chink in the armor that a character like Doom needs.

As far as the Maker goes, I'm not sure if he knew that was a Reed or not... but even if he did at least in that immediate moment he probably wouldn't have cared. This was HIS Reed. From his perspective, the Ultimate Reed was the equivalent of the generic brand (even though on a lot of levels he's actually a lot scarier than 616 Reed).
    Last edited by XPac; 07-01-2015 at 07:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubhavkumarc View Post
    I think Phoenixclops survived, that Stephen teleported them away before he could die, if he died, phoenix force can reincarnate anyways. Also Doom's showing his true colors now.
    Yeah I think Cyclops, even with a snapped neck, may have survived. As far as Strange...less of a chance. But there was no visible corpse at Doom's feet... We also should remember Doom's history of sabotaging himself in the original SW (subconsciously resurrecting the heroes repeatedly).