Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

i didnt know how to feel about the tchalla namor scuffle.
    it was kinda...unnecessary.
    if they were gonna do it then have a page or something
    i hope they become uneasy allies being spread to the winds together

and i was also disappointed cos i thought sue noticed namor before reed :P

dr strange is this issue's MVP!!
    i think its his barry allen moment,defying god doom to give others a fighting chance
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anubhavkumarc View Post
    I think Phoenixclops survived, that Stephen teleported them away before he could die, if he died, phoenix force can reincarnate anyways. Also Doom's showing his true colors now.
    Nah, his corpse is still there. After everyone teleports away, Dr. Doom drops the guy's body at his feet.

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    i didnt know how to feel about the tchalla namor scuffle.
    it was kinda...unnecessary.
    if they were gonna do it then have a page or something
    i hope they become uneasy allies being spread to the winds together

and i was also disappointed cos i thought sue noticed namor before reed :P

dr strange is this issue's MVP!!
    i think its his barry allen moment,defying god doom to give others a fighting chance
    It wasn't necessary per say... but if you're going to have the Illuminati fight the Cabal, what we saw is exactly what would happen. T'Challa making a b-line for Namor. It wasn't elaborated on because frankly it wasn't all that important in the grand scheme of things at least at that moment. The main event was obviously Doom confronting Reed. With so much else going on, going into the BP/Namor stuff would almost be distracting from the main story at that point.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

I'm quite impressed with Hickman's ability to make a fight scene dull with tedious monologuing and going on about variables.

Otherwise, outside of Esab Ribic's skill of making his characters have goofy faces in the middle of a serious moment, the issue was fine. Not bad and probably the best of the event so far.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Biclopcicle View Post
    Yeah I think Cyclops, even with a snapped neck, may have survived. As far as Strange...less of a chance. But there was no visible corpse at Doom's feet... We also should remember Doom's history of sabotaging himself in the original SW (subconsciously resurrecting the heroes repeatedly).
    Only if the Phoenix brings him back...

Well, we have solicitations for a new Strange post SW, so, somehow, he must have survived...

I can see the end being Reed, using Doom power to recreate a new universe, undoing what Doom made, and with every character like it is in the covers of post SW.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It wasn't necessary per say... but if you're going to have the Illuminati fight the Cabal, what we saw is exactly what would happen. T'Challa making a b-line for Namor. It wasn't elaborated on because frankly it wasn't all that important in the grand scheme of things at least at that moment. The main event was obviously Doom confronting Reed. With so much else going on, going into the BP/Namor stuff would almost be distracting from the main story at that point.
    Yeah I think that Namor/Tchalla panel was an easter egg for us New Avengers readers, more than anything

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Nah, his corpse is still there. After everyone teleports away, Dr. Doom drops the guy's body at his feet.
    I suspect purely because of the threat level a Phoenix possesses, Doom would make sure that he stays down.

I can't help but think this is 616 Sue, even though Hickman said she isn't. She was drawn to Reed.

Really liked this issue, especially Doom confronting Reed. And Strange saying telling Doom that he should be afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    if hickman was trying to illustrate that old grudges are still there, yeah i get it now.
    however, like you said the main event was reed/doom and they shouldve just stuck to it, there's a better time to show illuminati/cabal fights
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Doom killing Cyclops and the Phoenix is enough for me to purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    if hickman was trying to illustrate that old grudges are still there, yeah i get it now.
    however, like you said the main event was reed/doom and they shouldve just stuck to it, there's a better time to show illuminati/cabal fights
    The Cabal fighting the Illuminati was the set up for the Doom/Reed confrontation. The Cabal drew out the Illuminati, and the Illuminati drew out Doom.

Plus, it's a comic book. Every so often you need people punching each other.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anubhavkumarc View Post
    I think Phoenixclops survived, that Stephen teleported them away before he could die, if he died, phoenix force can reincarnate anyways. Also Doom's showing his true colors now.
    No, Strange teleported them all away and then Doom Dropped Cyclops. Keep in mind Doom has the power of the Beyonders and that same power killed Phoenix's from other multiverses, Living Tribunal which is more powerful than a PF. So for Hickman to let PF Cyke live would undermine his own work and I don't recall Hickman pulling stunts like that. BMB has but I don't recall hickman having done so. Beside in BMB past interview He himself stated we'll learn how Cyclops lost the PF.

Quote Originally Posted by mysterio1989 View Post
    Doom killing Cyclops and the Phoenix is enough for me to purchase.
    For whatever reason, Cyclops with the Phoenix was kind of annoying to me. The Phoenix-speak just came off preachy or whatever... I guess a Phoenix just sort of has to talk that way, but I'm still kinda glad Doom shut him up.

I knew I liked Doom for a reason.

Incredible Member

While I'm enjoying this event I have to say this is really a fantastic four event. Still good. Can't wait to see where this is going.