Page 8 of 46 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I think this issue showed he is not an omnipotent God
    That was stated in the first issue in a conversation between Doom and Strange. Doom is all-powerfull but no omnipotent.

I wanna be your lover... emac1790's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    I maybe wrong but I think he's meaning on literal terms why choose a bird form.
    Well, if that's the question, the answer is because Dave and Chris wanted it that way.
    What U putting in your nose?
    Is that where all your money goes (Is that where your money goes)
    The river of addiction flows
    U think it's hot, but there won't be no water
    When the fire blows

First they came for the mutants, and I said nothing. Then they came for the chickens, and still I said nothing... -cyberhubbs

Quote Originally Posted by emac1790 View Post
    But isn't that that one instance. But if the PF is obviously older than him, then why was it a bird before him? Hell why is it still a bird after him?

There is more than one Phoenix. There are many What If comics that feature alternate Phoenixes. There is (was?) only one LT.
    They are "host" of the Phoenix. Like Scott was here. That's not the same as the Phoenix itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    Isn't there one traped in the "sun" ?
    That's a johnny storm

That was stated in the first issue in a conversation between Doom and Strange. Doom is all-powerfull but no omnipotent.
    I guess your first language is not latin.

BANNED

The Handbook info is official. ComicVine's info is not. But it's damn near the same.
    Isn't there more than one handbood? And comicvine is pretty accurate (MOST of the time) hell marvel.com may have something slightly different.

Quote Originally Posted by Byakko View Post
    But isn't that that one instance. But if the PF is obviously older than him, then why was it a bird before him? Hell why is it still a bird after him?
    According to to the Handbook, after the Feron incident, the PF couldn't go back to its natural state.

As for why it was a fire chicken before Feron, I think that's just writer/artist convenience.
    Last edited by emac1790; 07-01-2015 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Looks like I can't spell.
    When the fire blows

First they came for the mutants, and I said nothing. Then they came for the chickens, and still I said nothing... -cyberhubbs

Mighty Member

The PF may help save the day. But it won't be Cyce-o. Maybe the PF will move on to greener avengers pastures?
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

According to to the Handbook, after the Feron incident, the PF couln't go back to its natural state.

As for why it was a fire chicken before Feron, I think that's just writer/artist convenience.
    Dammit Feron, couldn't you imagine it into the Sloth Force? Imagine a cosmic three-toed fire sloth very, very slowly and deliberately making its way across the universe!

Omnipotent is all-powerful. Omni (all) + potens (able) = able to do all.
    Protex: “Tronix! Fluxus! What’s happening there? Zenturion? He’s only one man!”
    Superman: “The most… uh… dangerous man on earth…”
    — Superman on Batman, JLA #3 (Mar. 1997)

“He’s the most dangerous man alive in any comic universe.” — Wizard Magazine on Doctor Doom (Nov. 1998)

“[He’s] the most dangerous man in the Marvel universe, because his greatest weapon is the way he thinks and plans, his tremendous intellect.” — Tom Brevoort on T’Challa (Sep. 2010)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Byakko View Post
    Dammit Feron, couldn't you imagine it into the Sloth Force? Imagine a cosmic three-toed fire sloth very, very slowly and deliberately making its way across the universe!
    Lol. Or a frog hopping. Or a koala just sitting in a tree getting high all day on eucalyptus. Best case to me would be a cat. Just playing around with the universe and then napping 3/4 the time.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Isn't there more than one handbood? And comicvine is pretty accurate (MOST of the time) hell marvel.com may have something slightly different.
    That Handbook is the most recent info on the PF I have. It's from 2010 and unless there was a retcon of its origins...

Going to Marvel.com it's the same thing from the Handbook, http://marvel.com/universe/Phoenix_Force

CV's info is just a copy of this, http://marvel.wikia.com/Phoenix_Force_(Earth-616)
    When the fire blows

Amazing Member

I don't think that's what it means. Doom saved patches of the multiverse. So real is not the question, but version is and from which universe they used to reside. It isn't unheard of of a counterpart to be stronger than the other or vice versa.
    But we do not know that. What is in the comics is that Doom took the Beyonders power and saved what he could. First of all, we do not know if that is true. But even if it is true, we do not know what he saved or how he saved. Did he really took patches of terrain of dying earths and put them on battleworld, or he saved the people and recreated each domain according to their memories? Did he really save someone, or all the domains are recreations from information in the library of worlds, or other place?

The things depicted in the comics point more to a recreation of domains by Doom, than to he saving them. The Thor's Corp was created by Doom, not saved from the multiverse. In Ultimate End, which was supposed to be in 616/1610 domain, we see that 616 Stark is alive and not Superior, supposedly 616 Cyclops and 616 Spider-man are present. In Attilan Rising, also supposed to be in 616 we see inhumans that are supposed to dead, and Black Bolt can talk.
    Last edited by LuisPD; 07-01-2015 at 10:07 AM.

Fantastic Member

K, this issue was great. I love the way Strange handled himself. He was loyal to Doom when he thought it was the best option, but when it comes right down to it, he is still loyal to the right people. I like that.