Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I'm just hoping this book gets the big numbers it deserves. Not just because of it's portrayal of a gay superhero but because it's an all around fantastic comic.
    Second issue was incredible! Hoping for good numbers as well. American flag tank top in a Russian bar? Loved it.
    Being a "Person of Interest" doesn't make you an interesting person.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    But they are getting on The View as cross-promotion through a massive media conglomerate. DC's not getting asked to The View because there's no way Disney goes for that.
    Sure, but there's got to be some media outlet that DC/Waner Bros has access to

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Because Marvel hasn't really published anything of the sorts asides of Punisher and few odd minis here and there?
    Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    Because they can't seem to get any mature readers books to stick outside of Ennis' Punisher MAX. I think the draw there is probably more Garth's name than the character, too.
    Not so sure I really agree.

The Aaron Punisher Max was an almost two year run. Alias ran for longer than that. Criminal and Incognito each had multiple runs. X-Statix had an almost two year run.

Criminal/Incognito were in Icon line which is basically "we don't care" line and once Brubaker left Marvel those series moved to Image too.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Not so sure I really agree.

The Aaron Punisher Max was an almost two year run. Alias ran for longer than that. Criminal and Incognito each had multiple runs. X-Statix had an almost two year run.
    Alias and X-Statix were over a decade ago. I'll give you Criminal and Incognito, but also point out that they are no longer published by Marvel.

Sure. However, they were after the Ennis Punisher run. Once we agree on that, how many titles besides Midnighter have shown up a DC? To me, Marvel seems a bit(not even a very big bit) more friendly to this sort of title.

As a couple of folks have pointed out, there are clearly more friendly venues than either DC or Marvel.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Sure. However, they were after the Ennis Punisher run. Once we agree on that, how many titles besides Midnighter have shown up a DC? To me, Marvel seems a bit(not even a very big bit) more friendly to this sort of title.

As a couple of folks have pointed out, there are clearly more friendly venues than either DC or Marvel.
    The entire Vertigo line for starters.

I guess. I don't really see giving DC credit for what happens at Vertigo.

Midnighter #1 debuted at #83. This series deserves a lengthy run.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Midnighter #1 debuted at #83. This series deserves a lengthy run.
    Not good looking numbers for most of the NuYou.

57 Earth 2 Society 1* $2.99 DC 41,002
    58 Black Canary 1* $2.99 DC 40,786
    60 Red Hood Arsenal 1* $2.99 DC 40,071
    66 Constantine The Hellblazer 1* $2.99 DC 38,080
    69 Martian Manhunter 1* $2.99 DC 36,581
    70 Dr Fate 1* $2.99 DC 35,962
    71 Bizarro 1* $2.99 DC 35,010
    72 Bat Mite 1* $2.99 DC 34,731
    77 Teen Titans 9 $2.99 DC 33,412
    79 Batgirl 41 $2.99 DC 33,220
    82 Doomed 1* $2.99 DC 32,259
    83 Midnighter 1* $2.99 DC 32,200
    84 Justice League 3001 1* $2.99 DC 32,174
    85 All Star Section 8 1* $2.99 DC 31,099
    86 Omega Men 1* $2.99 DC 30,158
    94 Prez 1* $2.99 DC 28,309

Plus new "directions" for TT and Batgirl are tanking.
    Being a "Person of Interest" doesn't make you an interesting person.

BANNED

Sorry, running one issue behind, but I have a question about Midnighter 2. Spoilers but I assume everyone in this thread has read it by now.

I found it a little hard to follow at one point, where it seems that Midnighter... pulls his own ears off? I don't quite get it. Okay, it's to stop himself hearing the enemy and her words of death... but pulling the flappy fleshy bits off the side of your head doesn't destroy your hearing.

Is that what he did, or did I misinterpret the scene? Later on his ears are intact - I assume he has healing powers? I'm enjoying the comic but I'm not familiar with the character or his power set.

Incredible Member

Hi Hawkgirl - He punches his ears in(out?) in that scene. Typically Midnighters powers are that he can see the outcome of a fight (though some writers expand that into all interactions he has), super strength, healing and superspeed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HellHere View Post
    Hi Hawkgirl - He punches his ears in(out?) in that scene. Typically Midnighters powers are that he can see the outcome of a fight (though some writers expand that into all interactions he has), super strength, healing and superspeed.
    Ah! Punching in makes more sense... and there are no fleshy bits being thrown around anyway. Thanks!