Default Animated Spectacular Spider-Man originally planned to appear and DIE in Spider-Verse? (In need of comfirmation)

I've heard from multiple people on various sites, some close friends who have followed Dan Slott on social media, that Slott mentioned something about if had the legal rights to use Spectacular Spider-Man (and "Turn Off the Dark" Spider-Man) he would have killed them off...I'm not sure if this is true or not. If it is, THANK GOD for legal issues. I can't even imagine how the fanbase or Greg Weisman would have reacted to that.

Anyone who has followed his tumblr or Twitter for a long time help me confirm if he legitimately said that or not?

Astonishing Member

IF, IF true, how can you kill that Spider-Man??? For me, The Spectacular Spider-Man is the best adaptation of the original source material be it film/TV.
    Last edited by Batman Begins 2005; 07-01-2015 at 11:02 AM.

I have absolutely no memory of him ever saying that, anywhere, aside from mentioning he couldn't use those characters because of legal rights issue.

Considering what he did to MC2 Peter and the Amazing Friends cast in Spider-Verse, and the reactions to those deaths, I would hope that if he had access to those characters that he'd just leave them alone...but who knows? I do remember him going with the idea of Unlimited Spidey being canon to the 90's show to confirm he killed 90's cartoon Spidey .

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Could've just been Slott trolling. He does have a tendency to do that.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

BANNED

Wouldn't that be a slap to the face, cancelling the greatest animated Spider-Man show in history, and then killing him off in a comic book. But I doubt this is true, they rarely ever crossover their animated properties with their comics. Then again, we are getting the 92 animated X-MEN in Secret Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    IF, IF true, how can you kill that Spider-Man??? For me, The Spectacular Spider-Man is the best adaptation of the original source material be it film/TV.
    Same way Spider-Friends version and Unlimited version got killed easily, those two are stronger than the 67 version, and he stayed alive.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

God that would've made me super sad. I thought it was brutal enough that he killed the amazing friends Spider-Man, lol

Why would I care? He already killed the only Spider-man that was important in "Spider-man Unlimited" which is Spider-man:TAS spidey

I'm sure Slott knows he couldn't use any SONY spidey characters like Raimiverse, Webbverse, or the MTV spidey so why would Spectacular Spidey be any different?

OP - I'm happy that didn't happen, it would have been beyond a cruel fate for the best animated Spidey we've yet had.
    Last edited by Celgress; 07-01-2015 at 07:47 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by LOSTie-chan View Post
    God that would've made me super sad. I thought it was brutal enough that he killed the amazing friends Spider-Man, lol
    agreed, it was indeed brutal lol
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by LOSTie-chan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    agreed, it was indeed brutal lol
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackKnightExcalibre View Post
    Why would I care? He already killed the only Spider-man that was important in "Spider-man Unlimited" which is Spider-man:TAS spidey
    Only?
    Spider-Girl's (Mayday) father is important too, and he died.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage