Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I dont often read Image comics, but I have to say something about this comic really drew me in. I seen it several times then finally grabbed it on comixology. LOVED IT! I am hooked

Aspiring Underachiever Turn the Page's Avatar

I'm totally interested in seeing where this story goes. I love the bits of Canadian History sprinkled throughout this first issue, good stuff.

Is it worth getting the series issue by issue or should I merely wait for the TBP? I like BKV, but with All New All Different Marvel coming, and some TBP for other comics I enjoy coming out soon, I'm trying to conserve money.

Quote Originally Posted by I_Wumbo_You_Wumbo View Post
    Is it worth getting the series issue by issue or should I merely wait for the TBP? I like BKV, but with All New All Different Marvel coming, and some TBP for other comics I enjoy coming out soon, I'm trying to conserve money.
    I'm in the same boat, I'm probably gonna wait for the TPB.

Quote Originally Posted by El Sombrero View Post
    I thought this was a well-done comic with no real significant flaws, but I didn't really enjoy it. None of the characters hooked me and the whole thing was kind of depressing. I love Saga and The Private Eye because they balance the violence and tragedy with healthy doses of humor, fun, fashion, meta commentary, etc. This was just a real downer to read. Skroce's art was a perfect fit for the story but visually did not really excite me at all, it's not really what I like out of comics art.

I doubt I'll be back, but that's more due to personal preference than the quality of the work here.
    That's kind of where I stand. I will probably end up getting the trade though to see if it picked up.

I just grabbed a copy of this debut issue this week. I'll get back when I finish reading it.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

I lost my **** at the Superman rant that ended with "Superman is a fucking Canadian!"

DMir

Shadow panther, it should be something like this:
    P.13, C1 : "Alone?" // P.14, C3: "Leave her alone, dude" // P.15, C3: "All right." // P.16, C1: "Ahh, a fan. I told you, bunch of fuckers, that I was popular." // P.19, C3: "It's hard to miss" // P.26, C4: "I only crapped my pants a little this time!"

Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post
    Vaughan has been crystal clear in interviews that this is a 6-issue mini. He has, however, also said that this is a book that might be revisited after it ends.

I, for one, am liking this trend whereby Image is putting out more mini-series.
    Agreed. Makes it easier to buy a wide variety of comics every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    I lost my **** at the Superman rant that ended with "Superman is a fucking Canadian!"
    I was laughing so hard. And he's not wrong.
    "Magneto, you ARE the father!"

This was a really good issue! However, I also picked up the first two issues of Injection at the same time. And let me tell you, Injection is one of my new favorites! However, I do still think that We Stand On Guard was a really good book! Great storytelling, likable characters, decent art and an AMAZING concept that was put through most of it's potential. I can give it a solid 8 out of 10.

Quote Originally Posted by DMir View Post
    Shadow panther, it should be something like this:
    P.13, C1 : "Alone?" // P.14, C3: "Leave her alone, dude" // P.15, C3: "All right." // P.16, C1: "Ahh, a fan. I told you, bunch of fuckers, that I was popular." // P.19, C3: "It's hard to miss" // P.26, C4: "I only crapped my pants a little this time!"
    thank you!!

I read the book and really liked it. I added it to my pull list and even typed up and mailed in a letter of comment to the book.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Spectacular Member oldschoolfan's Avatar

This book was great! I recommend RunLoveKill and Secret Identities if you liked these books. They are nothing alike other than they are well told stories.

Other Image books that are worth picking up: Trees, Five Ghosts, and East of West. I would recommend Manhatten Projects: Sun beyond the Stars but I haven't seen more than one issue of it and I think it got put on hiatus.

Quote Originally Posted by oldschoolfan View Post
    This book was great! I recommend RunLoveKill and Secret Identities if you liked these books. They are nothing alike other than they are well told stories.

Other Image books that are worth picking up: Trees, Five Ghosts, and East of West. I would recommend Manhatten Projects: Sun beyond the Stars but I haven't seen more than one issue of it and I think it got put on hiatus.
    I've read the first four issues of Secret Identities and liked it.

My thoughts on the first three issues of We Stand On Guard are included in the latest edition of the Pop-topia.com comic review series The Stack.