Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default EXCLUSIVE: Top Cow Talent Hunt to Return, with a Few Changes to the Competition

Top Cow President and COO Matt Hawkins tells CBR News about changes to the publisher's annual Talent Hunt competition, set to launch in the fall.

Full article here.

All-New Member

Is there a forum for the 2016 talent hunt or can we use the existing one?

Quote Originally Posted by sjmancione View Post
    Is there a forum for the 2016 talent hunt or can we use the existing one?
    The existing thread is probably the best place to post. Plus, there are a lot of tips in that thread from the previous contest that will be helpful for the upcoming one I would think.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

I really wanted to join the last one but had so many things going on. I hope I can jump in with this one with the last idea i was hoping to play around with.

All-New Member

How do I know how the characters of each comic look? I can't find any info on the internet and I don't have enough money to buy the comics :/

Spectacular Member

How do I know how the characters of each comic look? I can't find any info on the internet and I don't have enough money to buy the comics :/
    Firstly, if you want to win, you should really read the comic books.

Save up some money and go buy some.

You'll get a better feel for the universe by actually reading the comic.

As for images on the internet, there must be a ton.

I mean, you're on Comic Book Resources, there must be a ton of previews for Cyber Force, Aphrodite IX and the IXth Generation on this website alone.

Comic Vine is also a good resource.

The existing thread is probably the best place to post. Plus, there are a lot of tips in that thread from the previous contest that will be helpful for the upcoming one I would think.
    I agree. I'm sure they'll start a new thread with the official launch, but until then, there is a lot of useful stuff on the current one.

http://community.comicbookresources....cussion-Thread

Custom User Title

As well as the Free Comics that were mentioned at the end of the Terms & Conditions document; Stjepan Sejic is kind enough to provide a preview of the IX characters (sans Hephaestus) over on Deviant Art http://nebezial.deviantart.com/art/a...9-XD-429249118 and IXth Generation: Hidden Files #1 will be of particular interest as it highlights some of the Cityscapes mentioned in a few of the scripts.
    Last edited by Mathew; 07-21-2015 at 04:57 PM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pauul View Post
    Firstly, if you want to win, you should really read the comic books.

Save up some money and go buy some.

You'll get a better feel for the universe by actually reading the comic.

As for images on the internet, there must be a ton.

I mean, you're on Comic Book Resources, there must be a ton of previews for Cyber Force, Aphrodite IX and the IXth Generation on this website alone.

Comic Vine is also a good resource.

I agree. I'm sure they'll start a new thread with the official launch, but until then, there is a lot of useful stuff on the current one.

http://community.comicbookresources....cussion-Thread
    Well yeah but, because the main characters from the comics which the artists have to draw are secondary or terciary characters on the actual Aphrodite IX run, I can't seem to find any info on them neither on any of the secondary or terciary characters of Athena IX, Apollo IX, Artemis IX or Poseidon IX.

Custom User Title

The supporting characters appearing in the scripts for Athena IX, Artemis IX, Apollo IX and Poseidon IX could possibly be unique to those stories, if that's the case then all the information available would be in the script.

dmac1303

On the ATHENA IX #1 script, it has a pro-tip: Read to Zeppelin's "Kashmier" (especially the battle scenes). What exactly is that referring to? When I search it I am always directed to Led Zeppelin's Kashmir. What am I missing here?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dmac1303 View Post
    On the ATHENA IX #1 script, it has a pro-tip: Read to Zeppelin's "Kashmier" (especially the battle scenes). What exactly is that referring to? When I search it I am always directed to Led Zeppelin's Kashmir. What am I missing here?

Thanks
    You got it. The writer wants you to read the script whilst listening to Zeppelin.

All-New Member

It's exactly that! It's for you to listen to Led Zeppelin's Kashmir while drawing the comic. This writer has quite a musical taste

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Markdjango View Post
    which characters are you interested in?

All-New Member

Well, when taking a look at Poseidon IX, I noticed a character named Cyborg Lover. All the other secondary and terciary characters, I don't really know them..

Brett_Strong

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I can't find it anywhere. Do they want the full story drawn or are we supposed to choose a few pages and just draw those?