Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Custom User Title

The previous Talent Hunt thread has most questions covered.

http://community.comicbookresources....cussion-Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mhawkins View Post
    8 pages minimum of sequential work. That was in the PDF might have been cropped out, sorry about that.

Matt
    So you don't need to draw all the pages, unless you really want to.

Petrus

I've a small question: in the rules, it is written "if your story conflicts with published continuity it will be automatically rejected". Is there a way to know which characters can't be "touch", regarding the current time line of the Top Cow Universe? Because it could be that somebody has a great idea for a character (Aphrodite IX, for example), but the soon-to-be-publish next issues of IXth Generation have a total different plan. Then, the submited story will have a "conflict" with a continuity that it hasn't been published yet.

andre3m

Do we have to keep the character's backstory or can we change it? Like, for instance, does Aphrodite have to be Mother's clone or can we give her a different identity?

Custom User Title

Quote Originally Posted by andre3m View Post
    Do we have to keep the character's backstory or can we change it?
    Petrus actually mentions this in the reply directly above yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrus View Post
    "if your story conflicts with published continuity it will be automatically rejected".

Steele67

Is there any reason to wait until 9/15 as the scripts have been posted and my pencil is ready (just do any 8 pages from the scripts provided right??)

Custom User Title

I would expect September Fifteenth to be the earliest date that submissions would be accepted.

Simo91

hello to everyone. Can someone please post an official format with all the bleeds? (Full bleed, Trim line, safe area) Thank you!

boeavis

can you submit as just a pencil and inker or is that only reserved for B/W comic artists?

The Bert

So, if I understood correctly, no Darkness of Witchblade stories or art? :/

Custom User Title

Quote Originally Posted by Simo91 View Post
    hello to everyone. Can someone please post an official format with all the bleeds? (Full bleed, Trim line, safe area) Thank you!
    The general format is usually half up from final publication size so using arts board measuring 11" x 17" (or A3)

Bleed: 10.5" x 15.5" (267mm x 394mm)

Trim Area: 10" x 15" (254mm x 381mm)

Safe Area: 9" x 14" (229mm x 356mm)

Quote Originally Posted by boeavis View Post
    can you submit as just a pencil and inker or is that only reserved for B/W comic artists?
    You can submit as penciller and inker, you would probably want to make copies of your work at the pencilled stage to be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bert View Post
    So, if I understood correctly, no Darkness of Witchblade stories or art? :/
    In the overall IXth Generation story arc all the artifacts were removed from the Earth with the exception of the Coin of Solomon which is inside Aphrodite IX's skull. Jackie was decapitated and has spent the last 735 or so years held in a device set in what appears to be a parabolic reflector or solar array on the surface of the moon. These storyline constraints probably mean that theye are not available for use.

The Official 2016 Discussion thread where Top Cow Ryan will be looking for future questions can be found at http://community.comicbookresources....cussion-Thread

ceppie42

I'm working on the saple Script for Athena IX and i feel like i'm missing something.quote from script
    "I've sent y'all a reference – let's make her the Councilwoman who was always talking to Chronos in the first few chapters of Aphrodite. The "Swing Vote." NOTE: Her name is Ariana."
    anybody have these links to character reference to councilwoman Ariana Chronos and the XV's or a clear list of appearances including issue #s and volumes any help would be greatly appreciated
    thanks
    S

Custom User Title

Ariana Appears frequently in Aphrodite IX: Rebirth, most prominently in Chapter 3, she uses a tall full body prosthesis (like Officer Alex J Murphy in that Paul Verhoeven film from 1987) made even taller due to her skull having what looks like Sphynx Cat ears. Chronos is the guy with long hair and a metal beard, but he doesn't appear in this particular story as at the time he was a prisoner of Hades IXα. XVs are full body cyborgs that have been manufactured to resemble the IX they were created to serve, this is the first time an Athena XV has appeared so the general appearance beyond resembling Athena IX is up to you.

All-New Member

Hi Matt! I'm looking forward to submitting a sample script soon, but have a question about the Aphrodite Ix/Cyber Forces history. Chairwoman Francesca has often referred to an aspect of the protocol that would allow her to "become Aphrodite." In the crossover, she says the final recording is a sign that she has failed to do this (and may be for the best). Has it been established how she hoped to achieve this, and how she ended up failing? Thanks in advance for your reply!

hkn8787

Hi all,

What it means; ''one paragraph written review\feedback''? Am i the one person doesn't understand?