Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Well, the good thing - maybe now they find someone good to write the series. Manapul is one of the best artists in the business but still as a DC fan I'm kinda hope that he'll move to Marvel and take Buccelatto with him far away from crumbled Injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticklefist View Post
    Had to do a double take when CBR's Breaking News featured a comic book story and not a movie casting.
    Same here ...

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Get Rucka to do Batwoman/Montoya on Detective. Win/Win.

As for Manapul, really nice art ruined by mediocre writing. Flash and short Detective runs could have gone down as classics, if they were competently written.
    Yes!
    And I just gave up bat books cause of the iron bunny so this doesn't affect me much.
    Action Comics, Superman/Wonder Woman, Catwoman, Teen Titans, Astro City, Spider-Man 2099, Lazarus, The Maxx: Maxximized, Invader Zim
    There is only one Apocalypse

I just came to the acceptance that at least there was ONE good batbook.

Now what?
    Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah!

Generic condescending passive aggressive elitist statement.

Quote Originally Posted by ispacehead View Post
    I just came to the acceptance that at least there was ONE good batbook.

Now what?
    Batman
    We are Robin
    Son of Batman
    Batgirl
    Grayson
    Gotham Academy

i keed i keed

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    . . . Get Batwoman and The Question in their own title put Rucka on that and just let him go for a long run without too much editorial influence. Hope it lasts as long as Snyder/Capullo's Batman.
    You want Batwoman to hook up with the faceless guy from Trinity of Sin?

Far as I'm aware, he's the only character called "The Question" in the DC main universe since Flashpoint.

Montoya Question had a two issue book during Convergence, written by Rucka, and featuring Batwoman and was magnificent.

BANNED

I think Montoya can carry Detective, batwoman can get some stories on 'tec too;

I was already expecting Manapul out of the book, excellent artist but would be better with a stronger writer

Quote Originally Posted by MykeHavoc View Post
    Montoya Question had a two issue book during Convergence, written by Rucka, and featuring Batwoman and was magnificent.
    Oh, I know that . . . but is that version part of the main DCU yet? (Didn't they just reintroduced Montoya into the DCYou books in last month's Detective Comics?)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    i keed i keed
    We are Robin and Robin are pretty good. Grayson is awesome. Those aren't really Batman books per se though.

Detective has been kind of deadening pain from the main Batman title for me.

Academy is cute but not quite for me.

I would be beyond thrilled to have Rucka return but do we have any reason to think that is anything other than a pipe dream?
    Last edited by ispacehead; 07-02-2015 at 08:35 PM.
    Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah!

Generic condescending passive aggressive elitist statement.

So Tomasi has left Batman & Robin, and the awesome art has left Detective Comics, and Snyder's getting even more unreadable with robot rabbit police car Bat-Gordon. What is a Bruce Wayne fan supposed to do with this?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Oh, I know that . . . but is that version part of the main DCU yet? (Didn't they just reintroduced Montoya into the DCYou books in last month's Detective Comics?)
    If one was prone to hope such things, the Montoya they've just introduced has been "out of town" for a while - and clearly undergone some kind of change that's lead her to be more interested in rooting out corruption than before...

They could slip an Origin Story between her leaving Gotham and coming back pretty easily. Even have her take the look of/be inspired by Trinity Of Sin Question if they wanted to address that. Lord knows, *he* probably doesn't have a title coming up...

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Haha I find it funny that Manapul leaving Tec has more discussion then Tec usually gets monthly.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Haha I find it funny that Manapul leaving Tec has more discussion then Tec usually gets monthly.
    Yeah, you have people concerned about the future while at the same time nobody really cares about the present.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Well, I can't speak for others, but I still had mixed feelings on how Manapul and Buccellato were handling 'Tec. I was hoping that maybe we'd get a better feel for their direction once they didn't have further event interruptions (we had the "Icarus" arc, then the September Futures End event month break & an interesting two-parter from another team. The next arc was "Anarky", but then we had the Convergence/DC relocation break for two months).

That, plus the fact that Detective is becoming prone to creative team turn overs, while Snyder keeps plugging along on the main Bat-book.