Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

His appearance in Future's End was the first time I have ever found Mr. Terrific even remotely interesting.

I liked the first issue of watson and holmes. I'll get the rest of the series later on. I am also looking forward to action lab's midnight tiger in july.

I've always liked Mr. Terrific, both pre- and post-New52.

However, if they are going to make him anything like Kanye West, I will have no further use for him. He was fine the way he was. And the tattoo is more NBA/NFL than thug, so I have no issue with it.
    Top 6 Legionnaires: Wildfire, Timber Wolf, Polar Boy, Shadow Lass, Phantom Girl, Ultra Boy

Recent favorite books: Black Science, Five Ghosts, and LOW

All-New Member

I found Mr. Terrific's depiction in Future's End #3 to be interesting, nuanced and supremely intelligent. I'm not seeing "Thug" anywhere. Is it thuggish for him to work out? He has no super powers, how else is he to stay fit? He didn't assault anyone, he was supremely confident in his abilities, and his personally designed security was able to circumvent future WayneTech. It showed that he was brilliant, powerful, intuitive, and a bit of a lone wolf, but where do any of those things equal thug?

Man, it feels like DC can do no right in the world of comic fandom nowadays.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    You are aware you also just described 50 Cent who is know as a gangster rapper
    You don't know anything about Kanye or Fiddy if you think that both men fit my description. Please show me 50 Cent's line of high fashion clothing though, if you disagree.

Azzarello is channeling Kanye with his take on Terrific.
    Last edited by Jonah Weiland; 05-27-2014 at 05:02 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arghant View Post

And who bought it on themselves?

Folks are now getting tired of DC's antics. Everybody else is catching up to you and instead of getting your act together-you keep making bad choice after bad choice. You would rather keep characters folk have screamed and begged for (the real Wally, the fat Amanda Waller, Cassandra Cain, Static & others) in limbo and toss out gimmicks and over blown weeklies.

I have seen comic book stoers go out of their way to NOT recommend DC books to readers. That's an issue when owners are losing faith in your books.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maijson View Post
    You don't know anything about Kanye or Fiddy if you think that both men fit my description. Please show me 50 Cent's line of high fashion clothing though, if you disagree.

Azzarello is channeling Kanye with his take on Terrific.

You do know there's a reason why Marvel doesn't even acknowledge Azzarello did a Cage mini right( hint hit it's because people found it racist ) also I don't think you know of either men( $500 white tees ain't high fashion )

I do look forward to the day Batman shows up with a "Dark Knight" back tattoo, a face portrait of Damian on his chest and his parents name on a heart shape tattoo on his arm complete with date of birth and death date while taking business calls while he lifts weights like he's in prison with multiple threads saying this is Batman

BANNED

I found it very disappointing. I like Mr. Terrific like he was, square and goody-goody. Morally gray characters are a dime a dozen nowadays, I like my good guys to be good guys.

Not a fan of tattoos either, and I doubt many Mensa members have them.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arghant View Post
    I don't think the fans in general have any more or less problems with DC than any other publisher. The person writing this article does not even read DC comics. $2.99 to be able to come up with that link bait headline was probably a worthwhile investment though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa View Post
    I found it very disappointing. I like Mr. Terrific like he was, square and goody-goody. Morally gray characters are a dime a dozen nowadays, I like my good guys to be good guys.

My wife has an IQ of 180 and has multiple tattoos. People are different.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    You do know there's a reason why Marvel doesn't even acknowledge Azzarello did a Cage mini right( hint hit it's because people found it racist ) also I don't think you know of either men( $500 white tees ain't high fashion )

I do look forward to the day Batman shows up with a "Dark Knight" back tattoo, a face portrait of Damian on his chest and his parents name on a heart shape tattoo on his arm complete with date of birth and death date while taking business calls while he lifts weights like he's in prison with multiple threads saying this is Batman
    Eh, I actually own the Cage mini in hardcover and in no way found it racist, speaking as a lifelong Black New Yorker. Also, Batman would never get tattoos because they're an identifying characteristic, so not really a smart option when you have a secret identity. Mr. Terrific is out, so he doesn't have to worry about that.

Also, I've seen tons of comics where Batman is lifting weights or training and handling business calls. Why is it that lifting weights is associated with prison in this case?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa View Post

I don't really see where Mr. Terrific is behaving in a morally grey area. He believes that there should be more back and forth between the hero community and regular citizens and he didn't want to join the Justice League. Are those evil decisions?

The main thing I took away from this article is that I should really buy Watson and Holmes.

Quote Originally Posted by Maijson View Post
    So I guess the idea that he's a thug now comes exclusively down to his tats (which he's had since the New 52 launched, btw)
    He's had the "FAIR PLAY" tat since New 52 started and it's only now a thing? Bloody hell, I thought somebody was buying his solo title but if it's only noticed now...

With what the column has and what you're saying here, I'm not seeing the "thugged out" bit. It's a rich guy branding himself and working out (and he should be because he's a superhero who relies on regular human fitness).

He's not thugged out at all though...we've seen plenty heroes working out and taking business calls.

Extraordinary Member

Well he's not exactly shanking people in the prison yard with his pants saggin. The tat is a little over the top but he does seem more interesting and independent here. And this is an alternate version right? But I wouldn't mind a little of this rubbing off on Terrific he needs a little more edge.