View Poll Results: PICK NO MORE THAN FIVE!!!!

Voters
159. You may not vote on this poll
  • A-force

54 33.96%
  • Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

6 3.77%
  • All New, All Different Avengers

71 44.65%
  • All New X-men

35 22.01%
  • Extraordinary X-men

73 45.91%
  • Guardians of the Galaxy

13 8.18%
  • Howling Commandoes of S.H.I.E.L.D.

19 11.95%
  • Illuminati

14 8.81%
  • New Avengers

59 37.11%
  • Squadron Supreme

51 32.08%
  • Ultimates

96 60.38%
  • Uncanny Avengers

30 18.87%
  • Uncanny Inhumans

31 19.50%
  • Uncanny X-men

32 20.13%
  • Web Warriors

23 14.47%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I'm only getting two for sure

Uncanny Avengers - Mostly because it has Steve Rogers in it. And I also like Rogue and Quicksilver
    Ultimates - To support Spectrum and Blue Marvel. Cap Marvel is one of my favs so I'll also check it out for her.

The others I want to get also, but due to money, I might not.

ANAD Avengers - I'm a Waid fan from his Captain America days, I also really like the Falcon and Ms. Marvel is on of my favs. So I definitely want to check it out.
    Extraordinary X-men - Mostly for Nightcrawler and Storm
    Uncanny Inhumans - While I know only the basics about the Inhumans, I've heard good thing about Soule's writing abilities, and McNiven's art is, IMO, superb. So I think this might be a good jumping on point to learn about a side of the MU I know very little about.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

All New All Different Avengers (because I'd like to see how Waid handles Miles)

Squadron Supreme (Nighthawk from Supreme Power=Sold!!!)

The Ultimates (Ewing, T'Challa, Monica, Adam=Sold!!)

Uncanny X-Men (Magneto & Fantomex=Sold!!)

These books got my vote, not interested in any of the other team books...
    #MagnetoWasRight

Extraordinary X-Men, Ramos is a mad genius.

Im still sad that The Ultimates does not have any Ultimate character

Votes to:
    - A-Force: #2 of the current Secretly Warlike series felt more confident and focused than the charming but sluggish #1, which quiets the slightly nagging voice in my head about this book's long-term viability. I still dig the main cast (despite grumpiness r.e. replacing Fun Dazzler with Emo Dazzler) and Molina's art, and am curious as to how the concept translates to the 'new' universe. Not sure how to feel about Bennett leaving Wilson to write by her lonesome.
    - Ultimates: Pretty much for the same reasons everyone else said. I'm half-prepared to be disappointed by it, but only because my expectations are so stupidly high already.
    - All-New, All-Different Avengers: Waid can basically make anything work writing-wise, he's got 2 great artists to work with, and with the exception of more-vanilla-than-ice-cream Kid Nova this roster is pretty excellent.
    - All-New X-Men: Never gave a monkey's about the O5 before now, but dropping Teen Jean and thus all possibility of Phoenix-related melobollocks (my kryptonite for mutant books) is a good start, and swapping out Bendis for Hopeless - with Bagley drawing stuff - is enough of an upgrade to get it on the list.
    - Extraordinary X-Men: Err...I'm not actually enthusiastic about this one, to be honest, but I couldn't think of a fifth must-have and this was the more interesting choice of what was left. It IS cool to have Colossus and Nightcrawler back on the X-Men's 'A'-squad, mind you.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

BANNED

My votes were:

Extraordinary X-Men - I like Ramos and think he'll do great things on this book.
    Squadron Supreme - am a fan of the Squadron Supreme from the Supreme Power universe, so this one interests me.
    Ultimates - have read every Ultimate book, and although this one doesn't seem to feature any 1610 characters, the lineup and creative team looks strong. Bonus point for Black Panther.
    Uncanny Inhumans - the #0 was great, and Charles Soule seems like he has big ideas for the franchise.
    Web Warriors - have been enjoying Spider-Verse, and this seems to be a continuation of that.

Ultimates in the lead, bitches!

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I chose

A-Force
    All-New X-Men
    Uncanny Avengers
    Web Warriors
    All-New, All-Different Avengers

I'd have picked Ultimates as well if I were allowed to pick six.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wandacrystal22 View Post
    Ultimates in the lead, bitches!
    Yeah, I'm more than a little surprised by this. Considering the Ultimates title hasn't been popular for a few years now, and the team roster for this book is so odd, I was expecting people to ignore it. Hopefully the interest shown in this thread will translate to good sales.

Just 2:
    New Avengers
    Squadron Supreme

BANNED

I forgot to include ANADA which is odd because some of the ones I picked I probably won't be buying like I might that one.

I voted five but the only ones I'm going in for are Ultimates, ANADA, and Uncanny Inhumans. Even then O probably won't be able to afford 3 new 3.99 books (or likely 4.99 for ANADA). I may have to trade wait UI depending on Soule's plans for the Human Torch.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    Yeah, I'm more than a little surprised by this. Considering the Ultimates title hasn't been popular for a few years now, and the team roster for this book is so odd, I was expecting people to ignore it. Hopefully the interest shown in this thread will translate to good sales.
    Maybe it's because they're not from the Ultimate Universe that it's in the lead? Plus it does feature some characters that appear to be popular on this forum.

A-Force
    Illuminati
    New Avengers
    Squadron Supreme
    Ultimates

Out of the preview book list...

New Avengers (Doreen and Sunspot? I'm not sure I want to see SG in a "regular" MU book, but this is loaded with maybes and nothing past issue 1 is guaranteed))
    Ultimates (Carol, T'Challa, and America. and how will Carol and Monica play out in the name thing?)
    Uncanny Inhumans (Johnny, yes!)
    Karnak (Ellis, Karnak, mini [I think] sounds like a good combo)
    Last edited by CaptCleghorn; 07-02-2015 at 04:32 PM. Reason: The comcept of "TEAM" escaped me for this thread.

Squadron Supreme and Howling Commandos don't have any over-used, over-rated Avengers, X-Men, or Spider characters, so they get my vote.
    currently reading: Dept. H, Hellboy in Hell, Kaijumax, Moon Knight

Squadron Supreme: I have always dug the concept, but using some of my favorite versions of the characters and some new ones I am unfamiliar with and sticking them on a team. With Robinson writing, I didn't think Marvel would ever give me such a gift.

The Ultimates: I liked Ewing's work in the past but never really jump on board his Mighty runs outside of a trade or two here and there. But THIS is just unfair and I thank them for that. Black Panther, Adam the Blue Marvel, Miss America Chavez, Captain Marvel, Monica and MAYBE Galactus. Ok, almost a dream team.

New Avengers: Ok, I know Marvel must have psychic on staff or a device that is patched into my head. I was concerned that the idea of the Avengers as a army would be lost in this new era but now we have a new team with Sunspot leading them along side AIM that might carry on that role. PLUS it has freaking Songbird from Thunderbolts on the team. I love you Marvel, although my wallet and bank account hate your guts, but forget them, you had me at whatever was your first word.

The other two are Web Warriors and Uncanny Inhumans, which are at lower tier but still desired. Web Warriors because I hope Scarlet Spider aka my man Kaine Parker returns in its pages and Uncanny Inhumans, despite having one of my least favorite main X-Men in Beast join the team it has Blackbolt and I would hope Medusa, that is enough to seal me in.