Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Dc readers respond to "all new all new different" marvel

Let's get dc fans reactions and speculations of what the heck marvel is doing

To me it looks like a mess. This is a pro dc person who likes what happened with the new 52 and convergence

Should marvel had just rebooted like dc

I had a bit of a look at what Marvel are offering and it just reminded me that I have no interest in Marvel anymore. The constant renumbering/relaunching just kills my interest.
    Action Comics, Batman, Green Lantern, Justice League, Superman

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

There's a Mark Waid book full of legacy heroes. That sure as hell is gonna take the money I stopped spending on Flash a few years ago.

Other than that, I'm not really informed. When it's out, I'll see what interests me.

BANNED

Marvel is a joke now. I'm all about DC & the indies. Spider-Man, Old Man Logan, Web Warriors & Extraordinary X-Men are the only books I'll be getting. Gambit being Matt's sidekick is upsetting.
    Last edited by Starchild; 07-01-2015 at 05:27 PM.

Astonishing Member

Eh. I'm not a big Marvel Guy, but it looks to me like they're sticking with that's working - pushing their new Ms Marvel, giving Miles Morales more prominence whilst keeping Slott on Peter's book - and shaking up the stuff that's been pretty lacklustre. With a little dash of the inventive (Vision's new series) and the gimmick-that-might-just-work (Daredevil with a sidekick?)

It's a lot of stuff to throw at the wall to see what sticks. But some decent stuff might stick.

And no Remender. All respect to the guy, who I know has his fans, but I've found every title I've read by him almost aggressively off-putting. Which is a shame, because this meant I couldn't get behind Sam Wilson as Cap as much as I'd have liked to.

Fantastic Member

I don't really care? I'm not actively following any Marvel titles and haven't been through the upcoming catalogue. Line-wide relaunches happen. There will be some good titles, some bad, and possibly a shift in editorial presence, which is how these things go. Maybe I'll give a title or two a look since they do provide nice jumping-on points, but it's never been a universe I've really wanted to read beyond isolated stories.

EDIT -- I did look at the upcoming X-titles, as that's a property I've had a ton of fun with at times, and it seems to have dropped quality considerably (whereas it was doing a lot of enjoyable things in recent years).
    Last edited by Cipher; 07-01-2015 at 05:34 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by mortymantis View Post
    Let's get dc fans reactions and speculations of what the heck marvel is doing

To me it looks like a mess. This is a pro dc person who likes what happened with the new 52 and convergence

Should marvel had just rebooted like dc
    ANd we saw what a mess that was with certain characters and saw others get tossed in the trash can.

THe issue with doing a full reboot is how patience are your fans going to be?

How long wold it take to establish Batman? Then bring in Dick Grayson. Jason Todd. Tim Drake & Damian and Duke?

What about Wally?

John Stewart?

You can't toss them all out at once.

Mighty Member

I haven't been reading much Marvel lately and I don't think that's changing any time soon. The latest wave of announced books is pretty much the same creators I already wasn't reading at Marvel except they shuffled books around. Very, very few female creators, too. I will probably check out Howling Commandos and Scarlet Witch though.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

As soon as Secret Wars started I went to my LCS and dropped all the Marvel titles on my pull and when asked if I was going to be getting any Marvel books post-SW I told them "no" but that I would be picking up more titles from independents instead. I'm not interested in starting new titles again only to have them disrupted by the events and constant renumbering/relaunches that Marvel seems to favor nowadays. Those two things have lead to my disinterest with Marvel books currently. If they someday decide to stop constantly renumbering/relaunching books and if they ever decide to stop having event after event after event then I'll likely come back but since I doubt very seriously that will happen I don't see that happening any time soon. For the time being I'm done with them.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    Marvel is a joke now. I'm all about DC & the indies. Spider-Man, Old Man Logan, Web Warriors & Extraordinary X-Men are the only books I'll be getting. Gambit being Matt's sidekick is upsetting.
    That's not Gambit it's a new character. BC was wrong and corrected themselves.

Marvel has three great writers in their corner right now that I like: Waid, Ewing, and Soule

On the flipside, every book they've got is likely to be at least $3.99 at this rate, and while the writers engage, not all of the concepts do. If I can get 4 DC books (well, the cheaper ones) compared to Marvel where I'd get three for the same amount, I'm going to be tempted to get more for the money and stick with DC.
    And so many of the Marvel heroes I like have been portrayed as such jerks that only a true reboot could save them.

I will give a few a try, no doubt, but I don't see me 'making mine marvel' chiefly any time this decade.
    "A gentleman will not insult me, and no man not a gentleman can insult me."-Frederick Douglass

I'm excited for more Tom Taylor.
    Favorites: Batman, Superman, All-New Wolverine, Deathstroke, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, Doom Patrol

Marvel is doing the super try hard version of the new 52.
    I mean DC's new 52 was a failure for the most part and it took them numerous phases to get to the point we are at now with legit original stuff being produced.
    What Marvel is doing seems like the corporate false version of it.

I'll be reading Extraordinary and All-New X-Men, All-New Wolverine, and Uncanny X-Men if Land gets taken off the art. There's a few more I'll trade wait based on the creative team, but everything mostly looks pretty dire.

Lul at all these "diverse" titles being written and drawn by the same straight white dudes Marvel's been relying on for 10 years though.
    Last edited by Kurisu; 07-01-2015 at 06:21 PM.

BANNED

I'll definitely be picking up The Mighty Thor, All-New Wolverine, A-Force, All-New Hawkeye, Ultimates, Daredevil, Ant-Man, Silk, Sam Wilson, Captain America, Spider-Gwen, All-New All-Different Avengers, and Doctor Strange.

Other titles that I'm interested in but need to see more before I commit include, The Totally Awesome Hulk, Captain Marvel, Squadron Supreme, Angela: Asgard’s Assassin, Old Man Logan, and Spider-Woman.