Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Someone found this from the short lived southern sketch comedy show "Blue Collar TV". The show had Bill Engvall , Jeff Foxworthy , Ron White and others involved. The sketch oddly seemed to predict the whole flag on the General Lee years before it happened and those changing it.

THE PC Dukes of Hazzard.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Were there any other women in Hazard County other than Daisy Duke?
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Were there any other women in Hazard County other than Daisy Duke?
    Boss Hogg was married to one Lulu.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamon View Post
    Boss Hogg was married to one Lulu.
    Okay, good. For a second, I was worried she was like the Smurfette of that show.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Wasn't there a scene in the Dukes of Hazard movie where they drive into Atlanta and some of the more liberal citizens of Atlanta chastise Bo and Luke over the Confederate flag on the roof of their car?

Yes there was. It's about the only thing that awful movie got right.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Wasn't there a scene in the Dukes of Hazard movie where they drive into Atlanta and some of the more liberal citizens of Atlanta chastise Bo and Luke over the Confederate flag on the roof of their car?
    Yeah the scene basically has them driving into Atlanta and people go by and yell what a bunch of assholes and racists they are. This is mixed with people going by blowing the horn goin "Hell yeah , south will rise again !" They are confused until someone mentions the roof of the car and they stop and find out that Crazy Cooter painted the confederate flag on the roof of the car.

Both are like...wtf ?
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Yes there was. It's about the only thing that awful movie got right.
    For me that was the film's lowest point-- not that it was aiming very high, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    The thought that they were "Daisy Dukes" came later. At the time, those were just cut-offs and that's how everyone wore them.
    I don't know about you, but I never wore cutoffs like that.
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    There are some people who see the show as racist because it was about a county in Georgia where there were no Black people. The only Black character I remember from the show was the sheriff of the neighboring county. He usually had a scowl on his face and never had any actual lines.
    If your job involved keeping the dipshits in Hazard from dragging their craziness into your neighborhood you'd probably look like that too

It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar

Don C might just be too young:

I don't know about you, but I never wore cutoffs like that.
    I never saw anyone wearing "long shorts" until the early '80s when the whole "board shorts" thing got popular off the West Coast.
    'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)