Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Aspiring Underachiever Turn the Page's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I liked the Agent Venom look which was the new Venom costume. We need a new Agent Venom book yesterday
    Ditto. I wish Remender never left that book and that Tony Moore drew the entire series.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

The only Venom I ever liked was the original. What Marvel has done since then has done nothing but neuter the character. What is this concept even about anymore.?It's my opinion that the more deviations you have of a concept the more likely it is for said concept to go off the rails. To me Venom is a prime example of this. The concept started off simple enough, evil alien Spider-Man. But then they started messing with the simple idea. They tried turning him into an antihero, then they made Scorpian into Venom. Then they made Venom a government agent. Now he's a space knight. I still don't think any of these new Venoms have replaced the original Venom in popularity.

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    The only Venom I ever liked was the original. What Marvel has done since then has done nothing but neuter the character. What is this concept even about anymore.?It's my opinion that the more deviations you have of a concept the more likely it is for said concept to go off the rails. To me Venom is a prime example of this. The concept started off simple enough, evil alien Spider-Man. But then they started messing with the simple idea. They tried turning him into an antihero, then they made Scorpian into Venom. Then they made Venom a government agent. Now he's a space knight. I still don't think any of these new Venoms have replaced the original Venom in popularity.
    i think a deviation (even a large one) from the original concept can (and has) worked. but i agree that if you apply too many deviations in short succession- you end up looking a bit lost.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    I prefer the evil Eddie Brock version as well
    X-Men Forever

Mild-Mannered Reporter BlitheringToot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    Fixed it how?
    Essentially it was a factory reset. It lost its murderous tendencies and psychopathy and is now better keyed to Flash's thoughts and needs.
    "What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?" – Scott Summers, 2000

Quote Originally Posted by BlitheringToot View Post
    Essentially it was a factory reset. It lost its murderous tendencies and psychopathy and is now better keyed to Flash's thoughts and needs.
    Sounds absolutely horrible it further takes away the entire concept of Venom as a twisted, dark reflection of Spider-Man the character was built upon.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I'm definitely checking this one out ... sounds like there's lots of potential for fun story here

Mighty Member

But how did they accomplish that?
    I write about the intersection of science, comics and culture. Check it out!

Mild-Mannered Reporter BlitheringToot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    But how did they accomplish that?
    According to the Marvel wiki page, it reconnected with the symbiote hive mind and basically just calmed the heck down.
    "What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?" – Scott Summers, 2000

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Mutie View Post
    No thanks. Venom belongs on Earth, preferably in street level stories.
    I don't disagree, but just seeing the idea that a guy with a morphing symbiotic organism from outer space belongs on street-level Earth in writing otherwise amuses me.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

Mighty Member

According to the Marvel wiki page, it reconnected with the symbiote hive mind and basically just calmed the heck down.
    In that case, it should probably ditch the spider emblem. I know I don't keep shit from my exes.
    I write about the intersection of science, comics and culture. Check it out!

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Looks like Venom won't start till November
    X-Men Forever

All-New Member

Glad to see people remember Rom Space Knight.