BANNED

Default I will say this about MJ and the supporting cast....

She/They got a bum deal compared to Peter, Flash, Eddie and Gwen(yes I know the 616 one is dead but she's still got powers as a alternate version). Thats the most well known of the Spider-Cast that has become superpowered heroes. While MJ is cast away from the stories as a normal woman who ended up with a different guy and can't really play a part in Spider-man's life(unless she's Pepper Pots and suddenly upgrades from domestic girlfriend to action supporting secretary to Peter's Tony Stark with her own suit or her own powers). And JJ and Aunt May are in retirement homes or actual high places like Mayor of NY. So I guess Peter is the only superhero who has moved on from his old cast due to all of them out of the big picture and moving up in life.(away from the action of the Marvel earth where Peter is always positioned)
    Last edited by jimishim12; 07-02-2015 at 08:42 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jimishim12 View Post
    She/They got a bum deal compared to Peter, Flash, Eddie and Gwen(yes I know the 616 one is dead but she's still got powers as a alternate version). Thats the most well known of the Spider-Cast that has become superpowered heroes. While MJ is cast away from the stories as a normal woman who ended up with a different guy and can't really play a part in Spider-man's life(unless she's Pepper Pots and suddenly upgrades from domestic girlfriend to action supporting secretary to Peter's Tony Stark with her own suit or her own powers). And JJ and Aunt May are in retirement homes or actual high places like Mayor of NY. So I guess Peter is the only superhero who has moved on from his old cast due to all of them out of the big picture and moving up in life.
    What makes MJ unique is that she doesn't have to be a superheroine at all. The same can be applied to Betty Brant, which a lot of readers tend to forget, as well..

She/They got a bum deal compared to Peter, Flash, Eddie and Gwen(yes I know the 616 one is dead but she's still got powers as a alternate version). Thats the most well known of the Spider-Cast that has become superpowered heroes. While MJ is cast away from the stories as a normal woman who ended up with a different guy and can't really play a part in Spider-man's life(unless she's Pepper Pots and suddenly upgrades from domestic girlfriend to action supporting secretary to Peter's Tony Stark with her own suit or her own powers). And JJ and Aunt May are in retirement homes or actual high places like Mayor of NY. So I guess Peter is the only superhero who has moved on from his old cast due to all of them out of the big picture and moving up in life.
    It's funny because other "main" Marvel girlfriends have all received superhero status in recent years, including Pepper Potts like you mentioned, Betty Ross, and now even Jane Foster and Gwen Stacy. The only major non powered girlfriend left might just about be Alicia Masters and Mary Jane.... So it might be just a matter of time until that changes too.

Quote Originally Posted by Probalus View Post
    It's funny because other "main" Marvel girlfriends have all received superhero status in recent years, including Pepper Potts like you mentioned, Betty Ross, and now even Jane Foster and Gwen Stacy. The only major non powered girlfriend left might just about be Alicia Masters and Mary Jane.... So it might be just a matter of time until that changes too.
    I hope not.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    What makes MJ unique is that she doesn't have to be a superheroine at all. The same can be applied to Betty Brant, which a lot of readers tend to forget, as well..
    usually this sort of uniquesness to me doesn't seem very good to make good character to develop.

usually this sort of uniquesness to me doesn't seem very good to make good character to develop.
    Problem with making everyone a superhero is that superheroes become less and less special. It gives the idea that no one else exists in that setting and becomes dull after a while.

The supporting cast is gone, gone, gone they'll be gone, gone, gone.

I personally can't wait until Peter Wayne uh I mean Parker gets his own Butler named Alfonso, or something like that.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post

I personally can't wait until Peter Wayne uh I mean Parker gets his own Butler named Alfonso, or something like that.
    He'll be a robot butler invented by Peter named Travis.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Problem with making everyone a superhero is that superheroes become less and less special. It gives the idea that no one else exists in that setting and becomes dull after a while.
    Not everyone in a cast with powers and abilites of a superhero series has to be a hero like Spider-Man, sometimes they play supporting roles or do thier own thing. While being integrated with the main character at the same time every story arc playing a important main part with Peter.

Not everyone in a cast with powers and abilites of a superhero series has to be a hero like Spider-Man, sometimes they play supporting roles or do thier own thing. While being integrated with the main character at the same time every story arc playing a important main part with Peter.
    They don't need super powers to play a part in the story. This isn't DBZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post

Or maybe a French maid
    Stay Calm. Carry Guns.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eSoldier View Post
    Or maybe a French maid
    If he ever gets a French maid than it HAS to be MJ LOL.

As for the Butler thing. He already has one. She's called Aunt May

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    And it leads to other problems, like normal people becoming abstractions in the background of the latest superhero-on-super-villain (or superhero-on-superhero) slugfest. I personally feel like most of the MU hero community has become almost blind and deaf to the perspectives and experiences of normal people, since almost none of them have supporting casts of mostly regular people and their only meaningful interactions are either with each other or S.H.I.E.L.D. agents. While that could easily be because a lot of the people currently writing for Marvel don't really give a s*** about normal people anymore, it does strike me as a growing lack of meaningful empathy and connection with normal people among the heroes of the Marvel Universe, which might account for the increasingly amoral decisions by a lot of those heroes in recent years.
    The spider is always on the hunt.