Page 101 of 314 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 4704

art by bikenesmith

Scarlet Witch art by Marcio abreu

Since the end of Secret Wars, has Magneto commented at all about his family? Does he acknowledge that the Maximoffs are not his children?

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Since the end of Secret Wars, has Magneto commented at all about his family? Does he acknowledge that the Maximoffs are not his children?
    As far as I know, Magneto still hasn't brought it up. However, Cullen Bunn has stated he does want to bring that up when he feels the time is right in the story he's trying to tell. I believe he wrote on his blog that Magneto feels angry and betrayed by whoever perpetrated the whole thing. After all that has happened, Magneto did love the twins, and now they aren't in his life.

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    As far as I know, Magneto still hasn't brought it up. However, Cullen Bunn has stated he does want to bring that up when he feels the time is right in the story he's trying to tell. I believe he wrote on his blog that Magneto feels angry and betrayed by whoever perpetrated the whole thing. After all that has happened, Magneto did love the twins, and now they aren't in his life.
    They are keeping the door open for a undoing the retcon if the politics changes and until that happens or is very clear it won't I don't see the filling in of the blanks you seek.

The rights might not go back, but the route towards a Sony/Marvel type deal are slowly developing bit by bit. Relations hit a low ebb in 2014 between Marvel and Fox, they aren't alot better, but they are better.
    Last edited by jmc247; 06-09-2016 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    They are keeping the door open for a undoing the retcon if the politics changes and until that happens or is very clear it won't I don't see the filling in of the blanks you seek.

The rights might not go back, but the route towards a Sony/Marvel type deal are slowly developing bit by bit. Relations hit a low ebb in 2014 between Marvel and Fox, they aren't alot better, but they are better.
    I hope so. The retcon hasn't served any purpose beyond making me lose most of my interest in the MCU, and any comic storyline that keeps Magneto and the twins apart.

I hope so. The retcon hasn't served any purpose beyond making me lose most of my interest in the MCU, and any comic storyline that keeps Magneto and the twins apart.
    That is why until they do undo the retcon I am more then happy with them keeping the storyline on ice. Developing it further would just make the retcon more convoluted. It's also killed my interest in the MCU, Captain America Civil War I just couldn't get myself to go to over it.
    Last edited by jmc247; 06-10-2016 at 08:45 AM.

That is why until they do undo the retcon I am more then happy with them keeping the storyline on ice. Developing it further would just make the retcon more convoluted. It's also killed my interest in the MCU, Captain America Civil War I just couldn't get myself to go to over it.
    Same. Whereas I saw Apocalypse the day it came out in the states, especially for the M family.

I understand the back door was whatever Vision saw in HE's files that made him hide it from Wanda (which is incredibly patronizing as well as unethical of him, as it isn't his information to keep). The most straightforward thing I can think of is that HE got worried Magneto would find out he stole the twins's DNA to create Luminosa so he had her affect Wanda's spell and lied about the whole thing to escape the horrifying death that would have resulted.

I hope that defrosting and dealings between studios happens soon, since I understood they've recently given the twins another parent in the SW solo.

Same. Whereas I saw Apocalypse the day it came out in the states, especially for the M family.

I understand the back door was whatever Vision saw in HE's files that made him hide it from Wanda (which is incredibly patronizing as well as unethical of him, as it isn't his information to keep). The most straightforward thing I can think of is that HE got worried Magneto would find out he stole the twins's DNA to create Luminosa so he had her affect Wanda's spell and lied about the whole thing to escape the horrifying death that would have resulted.

I hope that defrosting and dealings between studios happens soon, since I understood they've recently given the twins another parent in the SW solo.
    Wanda's natural mother is a woman named Natalya Maximoff, a previous generation's Scarlet Witch. Natalya resembles Wanda and is Romani just like her.

Incredible Member

I envy your optimism. Ever since the retcon, my opinion of Marvel has sunk tremendously. So much so that I doubt they'll undo the retcon, they'd much rather stick it to Fox.

Polaris by Andrew C Formosa

X-MEN: Apocalypse fan art by Khary Randolph and colorist Ross Campbell

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

That little girl is so cute and she did a good job in the movie too, I liked her talking with the reindeer and then her scared face turning into fury as she commanded the birds to peck at the polish cops
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

marcio abreu

pencilscratchins