Page 5 of 314 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    That is a great idea, to be blunt female fans are very interested in their relationship as are quite a few male fans, but the green and red sisters have really caught fire amongst female super hero genre fans.
    How could they not, I felt related to Lorna while she was fighting Pietro out of the bar, it was a fun kind of normal sister-brother moment between them, even my brother, who got me into comics in the first place, enjoyed it and say Lorna was quite strong

The Lorna-Wanda moments can be even better than the ones we could see on WTXM cartoon, given Lorna is physically closer to Wanda`s age and they can argue as equals about mutant issues, even Lorna`s time working with X-Factor while it was a goverment initiative could help Wanda to understand better Lorna`s point of view. They even can relate over their wish to have a normal life. Of course this could be after they deal with the consequences House of M had for Lorna.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mermaid View Post
    Gail Simone reblogged this familiar cosplay of Scarlet Witch and Polaris.
    http://spacehamsters.tumblr.com/post...ers-of-magneto

I'm glad to see other writers seeing them as a family since it seems kind of atypical at times. She seems to be doing some work at Marvel now and she's expressed concern over the lack of female friendships/sisterhoods in comic books in general (which is why she wrote Birds of Prey). Maybe she would be interested in a miniseries focusing on the sisters. (this is just wishful thinking, of course)
    I have yet to read Birds of Prey but I have only ear good things about Gail Simone so mini series or an ongoing with her writting Lorna and Wanda would be great IMO
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Art by Magickmarker

Quote Originally Posted by teddyeatsyourface View Post
    In the crossed-eyed view of Marvel, Ms. America is not considered part of the Magnus/Maximoff/Shepherd/Dane/Kaplan family line.
    wiccan made her

I have noticed some confusion about what baby Lorna's hair should look like. While fan artists can depict it any way they want in the comics (and the film IMHO) it shouldn't be green until her x-gene fully manifests.

Sketch cards

Fred Benes

Incredible Member

This was posted earlier in the thread, but it was a work in progress. This is the finished piece. I made sure to include Luna and Polaris since they're often left out of family pictures. Maybe one day I'll cram the significant others in the picture....actually given the difficulty I had with 7 people, that's not likely to happen.
    family-finalprint.jpg

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Wonderful job, Quicksilverfan!

Continuing with All-New X-Factor, David was spotlighted further. He said he loves that there are fans who have chosen every character in the book as their favorite. Issue #14 in October is "Girls Night Out" with Scarlet Witch guest-starring to join her sister Polaris. After that, X-Factor will be "involved with a big X-crossover that I don't know if I can talk about yet, so I won't!"

http://www.newsarama.com/21348-nycc-...anel-live.html
    Great news from NYCC SE.

And the Father's Day worst dad's in comics articles start a bit early before fathers day. From Newsarama below.

http://www.newsarama.com/15342-fathe...mic-books.html

Incredible Member

And the Father's Day worst dad's in comics articles start a bit early before fathers day. From Newsarama below.

I'd rather see an article about the best dads in comics...I can't think of one personally.
    Wait! I just found the article about "best dads" http://www.newsarama.com/15343-fathe...mic-books.html
    I have to say, that list is really unimpressive. How can Batman be both the worst and the best dad simultaneously? I'm sorry for derailing the conversation here...

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

That list is stupid. How is Roy Harper on the list because his daughter was murdered (through no fault of his own)?
    I noticed Cyclops is kind of missing from that list as well, but I suppose they would like us to forget that he left his wife and baby to shack up with his old girlfriend.