Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Anya.jpg

Anya and Max/Erik

Jakob.jpg

Jakob and Max

Luna.jpg

Pietro and Luna

good idea jmc247
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

I discovered a tumblr blog devoted to the Magnus family while writing up a post in the ANXF thread. Today, it's focusing on Lorna, but each character gets a round.

http://themagnetofamily.tumblr.com/
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Luna's name is totally absent from that blog, but I'm glad Lorna gets recognition.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mermaid View Post
    Luna's name is totally absent from that blog, but I'm glad Lorna gets recognition.
    You can always submit something to them asking them to include more of the family. It doesn't hurt!
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Fantastic Jmc247

Magickmarker

Magickmarker

WANDA , Polaris (perhaps Pietros as well) FANS ASSEMBLE!!
    "Justinian wants to know more about Scarlet Witch and Polaris' upcoming interaction in the pages of "All-New X-Factor."

EXCLUSIVE:
    Hello PAD I am very happy to hear Wanda is coming over to ANXF. Is this your first time writing Wanda? And, what did you find interesting about the potential for Wanda and Lorna interacting?

They're a pair of sisters, Justinian, so that alone makes it interesting. And they're sisters who have worked together but never actually spent any time bonding. On an emotional level, they're strangers, so I figured it would be intriguing to have them try and make up for lost time. Except that neither of them is the most emotionally stable of individuals. So what could possibly go wrong? And yes, it's my first time writing her."

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=53655
    Quicksilver Loki The Scarlet Witch Polaris Amora The Enchantress Doctor Doom Ms. Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by ComicGirl View Post
    "Justinian wants to know more about Scarlet Witch and Polaris' upcoming interaction in the pages of "All-New X-Factor."

EXCLUSIVE:
    Hello PAD I am very happy to hear Wanda is coming over to ANXF. Is this your first time writing Wanda? And, what did you find interesting about the potential for Wanda and Lorna interacting?

They're a pair of sisters, Justinian, so that alone makes it interesting. And they're sisters who have worked together but never actually spent any time bonding. On an emotional level, they're strangers, so I figured it would be intriguing to have them try and make up for lost time. Except that neither of them is the most emotionally stable of individuals. So what could possibly go wrong? And yes, it's my first time writing her."

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=53655
    OMG OMG OMG LUNA AND PIETRO !!! In the article!!
    EXcited to see Luna pop up. I think it’s interesting that her power allows her to cut through Quicksilver’s bravado. One of the most controversial moments for me of House of M, perhaps unintentionally was that Wanda and Pietro also erased Luna. The extent of Pietro’s involvement in the reality warp has been contradictory. Her erasure struck me as really dark and made me wonder do you think Pietro really loves his daughter or does he see her too much as a reflection of himself?

I think he loves her very much, and as a matter of fact, Luna will be coming into the book for a few issue
    Quicksilver Loki The Scarlet Witch Polaris Amora The Enchantress Doctor Doom Ms. Marvel

OMG OMG OMG LUNA AND PIETRO !!! In the article!!
    EXcited to see Luna pop up. I think it’s interesting that her power allows her to cut through Quicksilver’s bravado. One of the most controversial moments for me of House of M, perhaps unintentionally was that Wanda and Pietro also erased Luna. The extent of Pietro’s involvement in the reality warp has been contradictory. Her erasure struck me as really dark and made me wonder do you think Pietro really loves his daughter or does he see her too much as a reflection of himself?

I think he loves her very much, and as a matter of fact, Luna will be coming into the book for a few issue
    This is AWESOME!!!

Also, I LOVE that you quoted and replied to yourself. Hahahaha

It was a great interview that means we are in for a lot of family interaction on ANXF this Fall.

Brian Wood said today he originally was asked to pitch for the Magneto solo book and he talks about his plans for it below.

Brian Wood: Sometime late last summer I was asked to pitch for that Magneto solo book, a pitch that was accepted but then I declined for financial and scheduling reasons. It was sort of a bummer, as I thought I had a decent idea. It was a Magneto story written like a Jack Reacher novel, but with a complex, emotional side narrative dealing with his adult daughter Polaris. It was that side narrative I was most interested in writing*. Sometimes I regret turning it down.

(*Justin Giampaoli’s said that he views The Plague Widow as me adjusting to fatherhood, and I’ve written infants and children a few times since, reflecting my own experiences and emotions related to raising two little ones. The father/adult daughter relationship is something about which I have things to say.)

A short time ago a longtime collaborator of mine emailed to say he was up to starting something new, and did I have any ideas kicking around. I have lots, so I sent them all over and what came back was something from 2009, called STARVE, that had, pretty much, the exact same father/daughter story I has pitched for Magneto. But better, obviously, as this is creator-owned and therefore not tied to system that requires X amount of people-punching per 20 pages.

I wrote half an issue of STARVE yesterday. STARVE has a funny history, now that I recall, as it was original devised as my DMZ follow-up, before being rejected by DC, then rejected by Oni, then by Dark Horse, all for various reasons. My agent looks at it then looks at me like I’m crazy. But **** it, we’re pressing ahead. More on this soon

http://brianwood.tumblr.com/post/897...g-box-of-ideas

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

What?? We gotta get Bunn to collaborate with Wood on this!

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    It was a great interview that means we are in for a lot of family interaction on ANXF this Fall.

Brian Wood said today he originally was asked to pitch for the Magneto solo book and he talks about his plans for it below.
    what a bummer indeed :- ( I would love to see that father/daughter relationship being addressed with Magneto Lorna and Wanda. And Brian Wood is really good writing women and emotional relationships.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022