Page 1 of 34 1234511 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Wonder Woman 's EVER MORE COMPLICATED romantic interests

This is not an appreciation thread. He point here is to discuss, in accordance with the forum rules, the ever expanding number of love interests DC is pitching at Wonder Woman lately.

Just so everyone is up to date...

Justice League has shown that she dated Steve Trevor, who is is still in love with her.

Superman/Wonder Woman has shown she is dating superman, who says he is in love with her.

Wonder Woman threw forward Orion, who Azzarello may think is a viable option as a love interest.

Forever Evil #7 seems it indicate Batman is secretly in love with her.

Is there any male in the DCU who ISN'T going to be romantically linked to her?
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    This is not an appreciation thread. He point here is to discuss, in accordance with the forum rules, the ever expanding number of love interests DC is pitching at Wonder Woman lately.

Justice League has shown that she dated Steve Trevor, who is is still in love with her.

Superman/Wonder Woman has shown she is dating superman, who says he is in love with her.

Wonder Woman threw forward Orion, who Azzarello may think is a viable option as a love interest.

The Joker? Lex? Alan Scott?

It didn't seem organic, that WW/Batman scene, since I never saw them act like friends. Outside of that single Batman/WW issue, did they ever really hang out or talk or anything?

That scene seemed like it was written for Steve Trevor but since Steve isn't Batman he obv can't save the day.
    Last edited by Step; 05-27-2014 at 07:37 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Step View Post
    It didn't seem organic, that WW/Batman scene, since I never saw them act like friends. Outside of that single Batman/WW issue, did they ever really hang out or talk or anything?

That scene seemed like it was written for Steve Trevor but since Steve isn't Batman he obv can't save the day.
    the scene wasn't written for Trevor, hust the role was for trevor. Batman only with his friendship with her could save them, but Johns choosed something romantic.

well they never showed them as good friends except the team up, buuuut it's classic that people who seems like they doesn't like each other but are in love...who knows.

I don't understand why so many guys into her, all could be solved with her with Trevor or letting Azz write her with Orion. Geez Crisis of too many love interests

I don't think its that complicated. Wonder Woman was in love with and at one time dated Steve Trevor. She is currently in love with and dating Superman.

As far as she's concerned that's it, to date. Orion did nothing for her, and there's nothing to suggest she feels anything for Batman either. Regardless of how many guys have a thing for her, there's only two who can claim they have/have had her heart. A whole bunch of other guys having a thing for her frankly isn't that weird considering who we're talking about.

Nope. It was pretty contrived, one of those moments where an event will do its own thing not bothering to pay attention to what's been established outside of it already. Everything up to this point, hell even some of it written by Johns himself, has had Batman more wary of Wonder Woman than anything else, and being far more concerned for Clark as opposed to having any sort of sign of emotional attachment whatsoever to Diana. It reads as if Johns pulled this out of his butt at the 11th hour.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-27-2014 at 08:04 PM.

Spectacular Member

I hope they keep her in the relationship with SM for a while, to me there's still a lot to be explored in that relationship. As least for me her relationship with SM is these only thing keeping me interested in this version of her and Dc comics in general!! All these other version of her in these other comics are awful including her solo comic!! I really wouldn't be interested in reading about a relationship between WW and Steve, been their done that!! I watched the JL TV series, I really don't like Batman and WW as a couple, I really wouldn't be interested in following that relationship. A relationship between WW and Orion is insulting to WW and a lot of WW fans. That the reason I don't read WW solo comic now, because Orion is featured in her solo comic! Taking the guy who sexually harassed her, then turning around and making him her love interest, that a big slap in the face to her and women in general to me!! (I THINK THIS WHOLE THING WITH ALL THESE MEN BEING IN LOVE WITH HER IS SILLY!!)
    Last edited by chlj1; 05-28-2014 at 04:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    the scene wasn't written for Trevor, hust the role was for trevor. Batman only with his friendship with her could save them, but Johns choosed something romantic.

well they never showed them as good friends except the team up, buuuut it's classic that people who seems like they doesn't like each other but are in love...who knows.

I don't understand why so many guys into her, all could be solved with her with Trevor or letting Azz write her with Orion. Geez Crisis of too many love interests
    Well it would have made more sense if it was Trevor, he got the lasso, he went all the way there and he had history with her, it just seemed natural that he would save them, using an off-panel villain to knock him out was just cold.

And it's not even the fact that WW/Bat don't like each other, they way they've been written in the New52 they just seem like...acquaintances at best, they haven't really fleshed out their relationship and I can the same with every other WW/JL member relationship except Superman, I didn't mind Batman saving them per say, but I never got the idea they had some kind of deep connection, that was completely out of the blue.
    Last edited by Step; 05-27-2014 at 08:11 PM.

436 posts and counting... TheFearlessDefender89's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post

I'm afraid their going to toss her around the Trinity/Justice League so everyone can have a piece of her. This is just dreadful...
    Pull List: Harley Quinn, Superman Unchained, She-Hulk, Ms.Marvel, The Fearless Defenders (R.I.P.)
    *~ValkyrieXAnnabelle~*

I gotta believe they won't do something that bad. I mean, for all the lack of effort DC has a history of putting into WW, this is a character that they've never sullied in that fashion before.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Step View Post
    Well it would have made more sense if it was Trevor, he got the lasso, he went all the way there and he had history with her, it just seemed natural that he would save them, using an off-panel villain to knock him out was just cold.

And it's not even the fact that they don't like each other, they way they've been written in the New52 they just seem like...acquaintances at best, they haven't really fleshed out their relationship and I can the same with every other WW/JL member relationship except Superman, I didn't mind Batman saving them per say, but I never got the idea they had some kind of deep connection, that was completely out of the blue.
    Agree with you. it was a trevor scene, that they gave to batman because of...I really don't know.

yes they never showed a deep connection between these two or any other member But also remember that they skipped 5 years. Johns has been doing a weak job on JL and these 5 years is his salvation.

I really think that bat/ww will have a development, superman won't even be in the JL for what 2 years.

I sorta read that scene with Batman as a swat at the old 'Diana is secretly in love with Bruce' crap that we've had thrown at us in the past with no sign that he feels anything for her (i.e. Blackest Night)

I kinda like the idea that Bruce has a crush on her that will never be returned. Turnabout is fair play after all!

It might be worth some consideration too that it might have been just a goofy way for Johns to supplement Snyder, in regards to the Batman/Catwoman relationship. We know that after Zero Year, the status quo of Gotham will have Selina as the kingpin of Gotham's underworld, with her and Bruce majorly at odds.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    I sorta read that scene with Batman as a swat at the old 'Diana is secretly in love with Bruce' crap that we've had thrown at us in the past with no sign that he feels anything for her (i.e. Blackest Night)

I kinda like the idea that Bruce has a crush on her that will never be returned. Turnabout is fair play after all!
    no no. this is not fair. Blackest Night batman was dead, how he would return his feelings?
    In JLA 90 he was even more interested in the relationship than WW and that is fair to compare.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    It might be worth some consideration too that it might have been just a goofy way for Johns to supplement Snyder, in regards to the Batman/Catwoman relationship. We know that after Zero Year, the status quo of Gotham will have Selina as the kingpin of Gotham's underworld, with her and Bruce majorly at odds.
    zero year story is 5 years in the past. Some issues of eternal weekly (that is current time, after forever evil) catwoman and batman doesn't seem at odds at all. it will only happen really down the road. Johns didn't even needed to make them go apart or bat with feelings for WW
    Last edited by Blacksun; 05-27-2014 at 08:48 PM.

BANNED

I'm pushing for Wonder Woman and Dr. Psycho, even if it's for a short period of time; there are people who agree with me too. This pairing would be so interesting and I'd get both digital and hard copies, as long as the pairing lasted; I'd even get storage space to preserve this instant classic pairing.

no no. this is not fair.
    Its plenty fair for Wonder Woman fans who don't want to see her portrayed fickle and/or passed around like a hot potato between male Justice Leaguers. And Batman will live if one woman doesn't want him.

zero year story is 5 years in the past. Some issues of eternal weekly (that is current time, after forever evil) catwoman and batman doesn't seem at odds at all. it will only happen really down the road. Johns didn't even needed to make them go apart or bat with feelings for WW
    I know when everything takes place, I simply meant that Johns could have been adding a bit of foreshadowing to their relationship going sour like we know its going to.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-27-2014 at 09:22 PM.