Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dshipp17 View Post
    I'm pushing for Wonder Woman and Dr. Psycho, even if it's for a short period of time; there are people who agree with me too. This pairing would be so interesting and I'd get both digital and hard copies, as long as the pairing lasted; I'd even get storage space to preserve this instant classic pairing.
    May I ask...why? He's a violent, sadistic misogynist.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Its plenty fair for Wonder Woman fans who don't want to see her portrayed fickle and/or passed around like a hot potato between male Justice Leaguers. And Batman will live if one woman doesn't want him.
    Batman sure - but the rest of the DCU could well implode.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Step View Post
    and a rapist
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

BANNED

If he is that, than because Wonder Woman is the cure for his violent and sadistic tendencies; with a pairing with Wonder Woman that streak about him will slowly vanish. However, I've seen no evidence that Dr. Psycho handles his issues violently. I think Dr. Psycho is kind of a male version of Hera; I believe he's acting out in hurt; thus, Dr. Psycho is not really misogynistic; he's acting out the pain of rejection by women he's encountered; he's more of a dejected lover rather than a misogynist. A misogynist would have no emotional feelings toward women one way or the other; they just have a perspective about women. But, clearly, Dr. Psycho is driving by strong emotions for women, just like Hera's strong emotions towards a man.

If he is that, than because Wonder Woman is the cure for his violent and sadistic tendencies; with a pairing with Wonder Woman that streak about him will slowly vanish. However, I've seen no evidence that Dr. Psycho handles his issues violently. I think Dr. Psycho is kind of a male version of Hera; I believe he's acting out in hurt; thus, Dr. Psycho is not really misogynistic; he's acting out the pain of rejection by women he's encountered; he's more of a dejected lover rather than a misogynist. A misogynist would have no emotional feelings toward women one way or the other; they just have a perspective about women. But, clearly, Dr. Psycho is driving by strong emotions for women, just like Hera's strong emotions towards a man.
    Well, I'm not a fan of those "I can change him" tropes, but to each their own, I was just curious.
    But I do have to mention that, no, a misogynist is someone who hates women plain and simple, not someone who has no opinion regarding women and the whole point of his character is that he hates woman, no matter what happened in the past, the fact the he blames all women for his hurt now is exactly what makes him a misogynist but I guess that's for another thread~

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I really hope DC does not have any plans to explore any sort of romantic relationship between Batman and Wonder Woman. When it was done before in JLA and on the JLU cartoon, it seemed like the most forced, inorganic relationship that Wonder Woman ever had. I hope DC isn't foolish enough to make the same mistake again.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

BANNED

Well, I'm not a fan of those "I can change him" tropes, but to each their own, I was just curious.
    But I do have to mention that, no, a misogynist is someone who hates women plain and simple, not someone who has no opinion regarding women and the whole point of his character is that he hates woman, no matter what happened in the past, the fact the he blames all women for his hurt now is exactly what makes him a misogynist but I guess that's for another thread~
    I'm not sure I follow your logic; having been scorned or mocked by every woman he encountered, Dr. Psycho has become gravely wounded on an emotional level; while a misogynist just developed the feeling based on generations of opinions passed down, most likely, translating into an irrational hatred or indifference towards women; why would a pattern of negative encounters translate into an illogical feeling towards women? Wouldn't any human being develop negative emotions after repeated negative encounters with something? I believe a man that can just pass through hundreds of women, without developing an emotional connection, should be considered the misogynists, yet they're considered players.
    Last edited by dshipp17; 05-28-2014 at 05:10 AM.

BANNED

I'm not sure I follow your logic; having been scorned or mocked by every woman he encountered, Dr. Psycho has become gravely wounded on an emotional level; while a misogynist just developed the feeling based on generations of opinions passed down, most likely, translating into an irrational hatred or indifference towards women; why would a pattern of negative encounters translate into an illogical feeling towards women? Wouldn't any human being develop negative emotions after repeated negative encounters with something? I believe a man that can just pass through hundreds of women, without developing an emotional connection, should be considered the misogynists, yet they're considered players.
    Oh please.
    This is the same kind of entitled 'good guy' MRA thinking that sent Elliot Rodger on a killing spree.

Dr. Psycho is one of the worst, most unredeemable villains in the DCU, probably second only to the Joker.

The whole point of misogyny is that it's illogical and irrational.

It doesn't matter how he got there, it doesn't matter if he was taught to hate women or if he had a bad experience, he's an adult and should be held accountable, painting all women with the same broad brush is sexist, torturing them, hypnotising them, punishing them for something that happened to him, is sexist. What happened to him was sad, being ostracised and mocked is awful, but it in no way gives him any justification for his attitude towards women.

In his debut, he fell in love with a woman who didn't love him but still considered him a friend. Happens to a lot of people of both genders.

Marva was in love with someone else who framed Psycho for a theft and falsely claimed Marva helped him. His response wasn't to press charges like normal people or try to prove his innocence - he tortured the boyfriend and forced him to commit suicide by drinking radium and forced Marva to marry him. He then tortured her, his secretary and Wonder Woman when she came after him.

He's nuts, pure and simple. He tortures and rapes women, and in the Post-Crisis version, tortured a teen-aged girl until she went insane and became the Silver Swan.

Marva never loved or claimed to love him, as I recall, but treated him well. He was framed by her boyfriend but irrationally blames Marva (and all women) and now takes out his revenge fantasies on Wonder Woman.

He's Joker level crazy, just without the dynamite and clown make up.

I'd like to know why all these guys think they're good enough for Diana.

And making Dr. Psycho a love interest would be very bizarre and unfitting.

Amazing Member

Hmm. I don't see much complication. Everyone and their mom having a usually unrequited crush on Wonder Woman seems to have almost always been a thing. Shoot wasn't there one Pre-52 moment where the lasso caused Aquaman to admit that WW was the only reason he bothered to join the Justice League or something?

At the end of the day it only matters who Diana likes. And at the moment that person is Superman. Kryptonian triumphant indeed.

Though gotta say the relationship has been written far better than I thought it would. But I had only really seen that relationship in fanfics and Red Son. Where it seemed like Diana worshiped Superman rather than being in an equal relationship. (Don't even get me started on what they do to Lois or Steve...) But Soule and the rest have done much better. Hell even Lobdell's scene with the rhubarb pie was decent.

I know when everything takes place, I simply meant that Johns could have been adding a bit of foreshadowing to their relationship going sour like we know its going to.
    Yeah the more I see Catwoman and Batman interact the more her characterization in Batman #28 makes perfect sense. He really kind of treats her a bit poorly. Especially in relation to other women he knows. Honestly his contributions their relationship seems to mainly consist of silence, irritating platitudes, and random bouts of sex. The last of which really makes his constant "it'd never work" line ring sour.

And I think at this point we can safely say that Johns just likes messing with Trevor. The man has lost his love, been tortured, lost his job, been replaced by batman, and his justice league disintegrated. Heh I can only imagine what Chief and the Doom Patrol are going to put him through. Can't wait!
    Last edited by SaintRhon; 05-28-2014 at 06:09 AM.

@ dshipp

It's weird because earlier you posted to say that Orion is unfit for a love interest but then you go and propose a murderer and rapist and proceed to make excuses for him. I think slapping a woman's butt is a billion billion gazillion times more excusable than rape and murder. But we've had this conversation before, people have posted these exact replies before and I don't think I've ever seen a post of yours about anything that wouldn't somehow reference Psycho.
    Last edited by Dr. Hurt; 05-28-2014 at 06:15 AM.

Catwoman is supposed to be batman's ultimate love, his Lois, his Iris, his Carroll Ferris, etc. It's sad to see him treat her like that so that they can keep WW relevant by having him crush on her. And when that's done, there's more men in the jl for her.

Bravo Johns.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    @ dshipp

It's weird because earlier you posted to say that Orion is unfit for a love interest but then you go and propose a murderer and rapist and proceed to make excuses for him. I think slapping a woman's butt is a billion billion gazillion times more excusable than rape and murder. But we've had this conversation before, people have posted these exact replies before and I don't think I've ever seen a post of yours about anything that wouldn't somehow reference Psycho. So this discussion is pointless.

As much as I don't care for the way Orion has treated Wonder Woman in the New 52, I would rather see WW with Orion than Batman or Dr. Psycho. Hey - maybe Batman could be with Dr. Psycho???
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.