Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Step View Post
    The whole point of misogyny is that it's illogical and irrational.

It doesn't matter how he got there, it doesn't matter if he was taught to hate women or if he had a bad experience, he's an adult and should be held accountable, painting all women with the same broad brush is sexist, torturing them, hypnotising them, punishing them for something that happened to him, is sexist. What happened to him was sad, being ostracised and mocked is awful, but it in no way gives him any justification for his attitude towards women.
    But, are you ok with women who develop a perspective of men and go out on crusades to paint all men as chauvinist pigs, after they experience being cheated on by their chosen men? It's basically the same kind of psychology, and should I mention Hera again, as the female example? Because his is based on experience, I don't find a lack of logic in Dr. Psycho's approach. I don't agree with how he chose to deal with his experiences, nor would I classify him as misogynistic, I just simply find some logic in his actions; also, please see issue 160 of volume 1 of Wonder Woman; clearly, Wonder Woman could be his cure.
    Last edited by dshipp17; 05-28-2014 at 06:38 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    In his debut, he fell in love with a woman who didn't love him but still considered him a friend. Happens to a lot of people of both genders.

Marva was in love with someone else who framed Psycho for a theft and falsely claimed Marva helped him. His response wasn't to press charges like normal people or try to prove his innocence - he tortured the boyfriend and forced him to commit suicide by drinking radium and forced Marva to marry him. He then tortured her, his secretary and Wonder Woman when she came after him.

He's nuts, pure and simple. He tortures and rapes women, and in the Post-Crisis version, tortured a teen-aged girl until she went insane and became the Silver Swan.

Marva never loved or claimed to love him, as I recall, but treated him well. He was framed by her boyfriend but irrationally blames Marva (and all women) and now takes out his revenge fantasies on Wonder Woman.

He's Joker level crazy, just without the dynamite and clown make up.
    I find a vast difference between Joker and Dr. Psycho; the Joker is a habitual killer, so that makes a big difference between the characters in my eyes; Joker will kill on a snap, and Joker became how he is, simply because he could not afford to pay his bills, and as an adult, as I recall. Joker has really demonstrated that he has no cure for his actions. Plus, there was no long term development of bad experiences to cause him to snap, as the case was with Dr. Psycho.

Spadassin Extraordinaire Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dshipp17;132411[B
    ]But, are you ok with women who develops a perspective of men and go out of crusades to paint all men as chauvinist pigs, after they experience being cheated on by their chosen men[/B]? It's basically the same kind of psychology, and should I mention Hera again, as the female example? Because his is based on experience, I don't find a lack of logic in Dr. Psycho's approach. I don't agree with how he chose to deal with his experiences, nor would I classify him as misogynistic, I just simply find some logic in his actions; also, please see issue 160 of volume 1 of Wonder Woman; clearly, Wonder Woman could be his cure.

There's been a number of female supervillains just like that, so no, it's not okay either.
    Sorry, but you just can't play the double standard card here. No attitude excuses being a murderous rapist. His hatred of women is irrational, and if anything, the fact that all it took was one woman betraying him (because surely it never happened to any man before him) to fall this low only shows the guy had issues prior to that. But then, that means the guy needs medical help, not Wonder Woman curing him through love, or whatever.
    Hold those chains, Clark Kent
    Bear the weight on your shoulders
    Stand firm. Take the pain.

There's no logic in Doctor Psycho's actions. He despises women because they've constantly turned him down. That excuses him for killing and raping numerous people?

No.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    As much as I don't care for the way Orion has treated Wonder Woman in the New 52, I would rather see WW with Orion than Batman or Dr. Psycho. Hey - maybe Batman could be with Dr. Psycho???
    I disagree with you!! I'd rather see her with no one at all, than be with Orion, Dr. Psycho or Batman!! Fans are always talking about Dc disrespecting WW or not knowing what to do with her !! Passing her around with all the guys she work with, shows that DC as well as the current writer of her solo comic has little to no respect for her !! I hope they don't put her with a nut like Dr. Psycho or a guy that sexually harassed her, like Orion, or the Bat-god, who can be very cold and unfeeling. Plus it seem like DC always wants Batman to be the best at everything and have all the women falling all over him!! Can we have him not get the woman this time?? I like her with SM, I hope it stay that way for a long time!!
    Last edited by chlj1; 05-28-2014 at 07:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dshipp17 View Post
    But, are you ok with women who develops a perspective of men and go out of crusades to paint all men as chauvinist pigs, after they experience being cheated on by their chosen men? It's basically the same kind of psychology, and should I mention Hera again, as the female example? Because his is based on experience, I don't find a lack of logic in Dr. Psycho's approach. I don't agree with how he chose to deal with his experiences, I just simply find some logic in his actions; also, please see issue 160 of volume 1 of Wonder Woman; clearly, Wonder Woman could be his cure.
    Off-handed comments by a woman who's been cheated on does not compare to Dr. Psycho's actions and if that woman did turn to hate all men, then no I don't think that'd be okay, in fact there villains that hate men. And mentioning Hera doesn't help your argument seeing as the action she takes towards women are horrible.

I'm sorry but with a man with a hate so deep-rooted and sick, I can't imagine ~the love of a good woman is going to cure him, idk seems like you're sympathising too much with a villain who really doesn't have much of an excuse.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    There's been a number of female supervillains just like that, so no, it's not okay either.
    Sorry, but you just can't play the double standard card here. No attitude excuses being a murderous rapist. His hatred of women is irrational, and if anything, the fact that all it took was one woman betraying him (because surely it never happened to any man before him) to fall this low only shows the guy had issues prior to that. But then, that means the guy needs medical help, not Wonder Woman curing him through love, or whatever.
    I'm not sure what you're claiming; Dr. Psycho hasn't killed or raped of a grand scale (e.g. we only have one example where Dr. Psycho influenced a death, but, this is about a comic book where we're trying to find a way to rehabilitate villains who's extinguished planets). I'm sure you can say a person who's lost a loved one doesn't need a shoulder to rest on, he just need time to mope somewhere on his own. That's not how interpersonal interactions are; interpersonal interactions can be complicated. And it didn't take one woman; you need to examine the history of Dr. Psycho closer; it was a prolonged series of interactions that preceded the behavior. You're just saying Dr. Psycho could never be your type, but that doesn't say how others should make their choices.
    Last edited by dshipp17; 05-28-2014 at 07:06 AM.

BANNED

Off-handed comments by a woman who's been cheated on does not compare to Dr. Psycho's actions and if that woman did turn to hate all men, then no I don't think that'd be okay, in fact there villains that hate men. And mentioning Hera doesn't help your argument seeing as the action she takes towards women are horrible.

I'm sorry but with a man with a hate so deep-rooted and sick, I can't imagine ~the love of a good woman is going to cure him, idk seems like you're sympathising too much with a villain who really doesn't have much of an excuse.
    For the most part, all Dr. Psycho is doing is making off hand comments; and these women go on crusades to have men painted with a broad brush, very similar to Dr. Psycho going on his personal crusade against women. I raise Hera to simply say that I don't consider her a misandrist, even though some could consider her one. A prolonged series of bad experiences is a bit of an excuse, although I do disagree with his course of action, in response to his bad experiences.

Fantastic Member

I would like Diana to have a Batman/Catwoman/Talia al Ghul relationship but not with psycho.

Spadassin Extraordinaire Auguste Dupin's Avatar

I'm not sure what you're claiming; Dr. Psycho hasn't killed or raped of a grand scale (e.g. we only have one example where Dr. Psycho influenced a death, but, this is about a comic book where we're trying to find a way to rehabilitate villains who's extinguished planets). I'm sure you can say a person who's lost a loved one doesn't need a shoulder to rest on, he just need time to mope somewhere on his own. That's not how interpersonal interactions are; interpersonal interactions can be complicated. And it didn't take one woman; you need to examine the history of Dr. Psycho closer; it was a prolonged series of interactions that preceded the behavior. You're just saying Dr. Psycho could never be your type, but that doesn't say how others should make their choices.
    So, if he only murdered and raped on a small scale, it's okay?
    And there's a difference between "needing a shoulder to rest on" and "turning into a supervillain" whose whole stick is that he hates women and tries to make them suffer.
    You don't like Psycho being compared to the Joker, but guess what? The Joker too has been "broken" .He had a pregnant wife and he life he lost because of extreme bad luck, scarring him for life and turning him to crime. That sill makes him a complete monster and a lunatic.
    Psycho has real problems that can NOT be cured by having the high school prom profess eternal love to him so she can "fix him". This isn't Twilight. This is not how that kind of behaviour works, and that's the basis for quite a number of abusive relationships.
    Hold those chains, Clark Kent
    Bear the weight on your shoulders
    Stand firm. Take the pain.

For the most part, all Dr. Psycho is doing is making off hand comments; and these women go on crusades to have men painted with a broad brush, very similar to Dr. Psycho going on his personal crusade against women. I raise Hera to simply say that I don't consider her a misandrist, even though some could consider her one. A prolonged series of bad experiences is a bit of an excuse, although I do disagree with his course of action, in response to his bad experiences.
    No he's not, if anyone goes on a crusade to make another group seem bad, that is not okay, doesn't matter who, idk where you got the idea that hordes of women go out of their way to make men look bad but okay. And I consider Hera's actions awful, she doesn't hate all women like Dr. Psycho but it's still an awful depiction. And no, nothing is an excuse for what he's done or for that kind of attitude, but we're going in circle's now, I think it's best if we just leave it there.

So what you're saying is that that kid in St Barbara that killed six people because women turned him down shouldnt be put to jail or a mental institution (assuming he hadnt killed himself), rather WW should have dated him in an effort to heal him. Therapy and relationships dont work like that.

If you think that rejection gives you the right to take lives then... I dont even know what to say.

Spectacular Member

No he's not, if anyone goes on a crusade to make another group seem bad, that is not okay, doesn't matter who, idk where you got the idea that hordes of women go out of their way to make men look bad but okay. And I consider Hera's actions awful, she doesn't hate all women like Dr. Psycho but it's still an awful depiction. And no, nothing is an excuse for what he's done or for that kind of attitude, but we're going in circle's now, I think it's best if we just leave it there.
    Well said!! Well said!!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    So what you're saying is that that kid in St Barbara that killed six people because women turned him down shouldnt be put to jail or a mental institution (assuming he hadnt killed himself), rather WW should have dated him in an effort to heal him. Therapy and relationships dont work like that.

If you think that rejection gives you the right to take lives then... I dont even know what to say.
    I agree with your comments!! I don't understand this thing with trying to put good women with awful men to heal them. I think it just away of not holding them accountable for their actions, there is no excuse!! The only one that can heal him is himself, it start with him being accountable for his action!!
    Last edited by chlj1; 05-28-2014 at 08:15 AM.

So he's not a *mass* murderer so that makes kidnapping, torture and murder on a repeated basis throughout the history of the character okay?

No one is saying it's okay for women to proclaim that all men are chauvinists because of a few individuals, but if a woman then began to castrate all men because of the actions of a few, I'd label her just as nuts and she'd be locked away.

I said he was Joker crazy as in 'totally nuts' not 'homicidal tendencies.' However, considering his horrific debut of torturing a man and making him drink radium, forcing a woman to marry and sleep with him and then torturing her (and his secretary) for his psychic experiments and then chaining and torturing Wonder Woman for the same, I don't want him anywhere near Diana (nor have I ever seen 'many others' or 'any others' supporting this pairing)

Marva, by the way, *was* his friend and shoulder to lean on, but because she didn't return his advances he tortured and raped her.

It isn't isolated incidents - he psychically tortured Vanessa, Diana, Donna, Hermes and a *fetus in the womb*. He is one of the most vile, evil and twisted villains in the DCU.