Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    This is not an appreciation thread. He point here is to discuss, in accordance with the forum rules, the ever expanding number of love interests DC is pitching at Wonder Woman lately.

Just so everyone is up to date...

Justice League has shown that she dated Steve Trevor, who is is still in love with her.

Superman/Wonder Woman has shown she is dating superman, who says he is in love with her.

Wonder Woman threw forward Orion, who Azzarello may think is a viable option as a love interest.

Forever Evil #7 seems it indicate Batman is secretly in love with her.

Is there any male in the DCU who ISN'T going to be romantically linked to her?
    Hmm someone help me out here. I am sure I read somewhere Geoff Johns said WW breaks hearts. Did I imagine that?

As far as men admiring her. She is Diana and I suppose most guys would be attracted to her. I am sure along with Orion we could add Hal Jordan as being attracted. But I think that is where it should end. These are her allies and there should be a level of respect for her character by the writers. Diana does not have to be dragged into anything with them, especially if she is in a relationship. Creating more triangles and quadrangles (Steve and Selina are caught up in this now) is bad writing and not how I want to see Diana as the one who breaks hearts because she's beautiful and heroic. Steve is the only one who has real cause to feel something deep because he had a relationship. She and Batman as far as I see are not even close. Plus how it affects Selina, who Bruce is sleeping with when he feels like it or teaming up with her when he feels like it but secretly hankering for his best friend's girlfriend. And in this reboot Batman is supposed to be sort of the elder brother to Superman and Diana is very different to the one who was pining for him in Blackest Night. Then we have the spying and she has no kryptonite business. It feels like he could be manipulating Clark now. It's messed up and does not show Batman in a good light at all. I was hoping you know, the guy could actually have the brotherly love he has for Superman for her and this was just his and Selina's baggage. I really hope it is.

But he treats Selina like a child too. I can't say I am impressed by Bruce's treatment of the ladies generally. This I am too tortured or crime is all that matters and I want to protect you thing is getting silly. I wish Catwoman would just walk away. But they keep writing her like a puppy coming back to drool over him when he rejects her. Come on, even if Selina loved Bruce, she's not that desperate. Some are ( the DC blog) even suggesting maybe BM and WW might have had some history. I was like really? When? She was with Steve. So are they suggesting as soon as she left Steve she went off to hold hands with Batman and then she dropped him for Superman in the space of a year? I hope Geoff Johns is not that silly to try to make headlines by creating some lame love triangle that actually has come from left field. Batman puts no effort at all in any narrative I have ever read when written romantically with Diana and yet she, this proud amazon woman, is supposed to have all feelings and or pine for him.

I for one do not want WW written as a heart breaker. It implies she might deliberately hurt men's feelings as if she owes them something and it's her fault she's beautiful and they fall for her. If I wanted to read the Vampire Diaries as well, I'd go turn on the CW or pick up the comic. I don't. The same way Pak and Soule have said they have no intention of pitting the women who care for Clark in some competition ( Lois, Lana, Diana) then we should for the guys who are heroes, allies and care for Diana. In fact when it's reverse it's always the woman's fault. I recall some people calling Diana a cruel bitch for ending things with Steve. But the more skirt a guy has ( saylike batman) if he ends things every time...it's not bad. He's just doing to protect them. So I don't see this as turning out well at all other than it's to create tension for BM and SM. Not really about Diana is it? She becomes a plot device.

So here is hoping emotional connection is brother/sister in arms love. They've worked together for a while and Diana as we know loves everyone etc.
    Last edited by hellacre; 05-28-2014 at 08:19 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    So he's not a *mass* murderer so that makes kidnapping, torture and murder on a repeated basis throughout the history of the character okay?

No one is saying it's okay for women to proclaim that all men are chauvinists because of a few individuals, but if a woman then began to castrate all men because of the actions of a few, I'd label her just as nuts and she'd be locked away.

I said he was Joker crazy as in 'totally nuts' not 'homicidal tendencies.' However, considering his horrific debut of torturing a man and making him drink radium, forcing a woman to marry and sleep with him and then torturing her (and his secretary) for his psychic experiments and then chaining and torturing Wonder Woman for the same, I don't want him anywhere near Diana (nor have I ever seen 'many others' or 'any others' supporting this pairing)

Marva, by the way, *was* his friend and shoulder to lean on, but because she didn't return his advances he tortured and raped her.

It isn't isolated incidents - he psychically tortured Vanessa, Diana, Donna, Hermes and a *fetus in the womb*. He is one of the most vile, evil and twisted villains in the DCU.

But can't you see it's all this Marva's fault? If she hadn't 'friendzoned' doc Psycho he'd have been a good guy.

Gah, I feel ill from having written this.

Amazing Member

In fact when it's reverse it's always the woman's fault. I recall some people calling Diana a cruel bitch for ending things with Steve. But the more skirt a guy has ( saylike batman) if he ends things every time...it's not bad. He's just doing to protect them.
    Honestly I never get that whole "protecting you" thing. Most supervillains are crazy and they'll draw their own conclusions even if there isn't a drop of logic to be found in them. Working at starbucks and handing Wonder Woman her mocha latte is enough for some villains to want to kill you.

That whole "I'm doing this for your own sake" thing makes even less sense in Trevor's and Catwoman's cases since what they do normally is enough to warrant some supervillain to want to hate them. And neither of them is going to suddenly retire and get a day job (hell in Steve's case this actually IS his day job) because Batman or Wonder Woman is worried.

Batman's reasoning makes the least amount of sense since he's constantly badgering Catwoman to be a hero...so I don't see how she'd be in any less danger. His reasoning is all about being emotionally compromised somehow which he's kind of a few robins too late for that to be a concern anymore.

With the Justice League #12 thing with Trevor I personally didn't get the flak WW herself got. I mean it wasn't really a break up but rather more of a firing. Since they weren't in a relationship at all at that moment, hell they were barely friends considering how little they spoke. Considering it was more of a firing that should mean the whole of the Justice League agreed with it or at the very least just abstained and let Diana do what she wanted.

My main issue with it was that it happened so darn quickly. The man wasn't even out of the hospital when WW descends to hand him a pink slip. Which from a pragmatic standpoint sucks majorly since it is just humiliating to have the organization to which you're liasing with request your transfer. But I guess that was all they could do since Steve probably wouldn't have resigned from his position. It was just a sad moment, especially considering how far he went for the League.

On topic, I'll restate once again that it comes down to who Diana herself chooses. Everyone likes her, she's Wonder Woman, it happens. But at the moment she is perfectly happy with Clark. She loved Trevor but she's moved on (lasso of truth break ups ftl). Maybe batman loves her, maybe he doesn't. Honestly with all thats goin on with Justice League I doubt we'll see this addressed for a while. Hoping we see it though.
    Last edited by SaintRhon; 05-28-2014 at 08:58 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    So he's not a *mass* murderer so that makes kidnapping, torture and murder on a repeated basis throughout the history of the character okay?

No one is saying it's okay for women to proclaim that all men are chauvinists because of a few individuals, but if a woman then began to castrate all men because of the actions of a few, I'd label her just as nuts and she'd be locked away.

I said he was Joker crazy as in 'totally nuts' not 'homicidal tendencies.' However, considering his horrific debut of torturing a man and making him drink radium, forcing a woman to marry and sleep with him and then torturing her (and his secretary) for his psychic experiments and then chaining and torturing Wonder Woman for the same, I don't want him anywhere near Diana (nor have I ever seen 'many others' or 'any others' supporting this pairing)

Marva, by the way, *was* his friend and shoulder to lean on, but because she didn't return his advances he tortured and raped her.

It isn't isolated incidents - he psychically tortured Vanessa, Diana, Donna, Hermes and a *fetus in the womb*. He is one of the most vile, evil and twisted villains in the DCU.
    Dr. Psycho has done less than Orion, but, people like the idea of a possible relationship between he and Wonder Woman; as I said, I don't like Perez's reboot of Dr. Psycho; I'm fascinated by Marston's version of Dr. Psycho. Dr. Psycho's actions are nowhere in repetition, in comparison with Joker's action, as far as I've read about Dr. Psycho; if Wonder Woman even considered Hades, she can consider Dr. Psycho, who's a saint by comparison to Hades; additionally Ares crimes are far more vast by comparison, but people are ok with the idea of him being Wonder Woman's mentor and her grief at Ares's death; so, by Wonder Woman's character, and the conditions at the DC universe, Dr. Psycho seems ok in some sort of relationship with Wonder Woman; the only reason I'm getting for the strong opposition is related to Dr. Psycho's looks, the source of women mocking him to torment. I just want Wonder Woman in some tension in a relationship, not a boring two saints and perfect tens together relationship, like the case with Superman and Wonder Woman; that relationship lacks drama and intrigue, at least to me. The relationship doesn't need to be permanent, just explored a bit.
    Last edited by dshipp17; 05-28-2014 at 09:17 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Flatman View Post
    There's no logic in Doctor Psycho's actions. He despises women because they've constantly turned him down. That excuses him for killing and raping numerous people?

No.
    It's hard to believe that you can't make a logical connection; you can't see how being constantly turned down can lead to his despising someone? Tell me, from your perspective, how would he be acting in the alternative? Just curious how you see this situation with Dr. Psycho. As far as I've read, Dr. Psycho hasn't raped or killed numerous people; I can't find it anywhere in publication.

He's done less than Orion? Please elaborate, because last I checked, Orion hasn't raped anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by dshipp17 View Post
    It's hard to believe that you can't make a logical connection; you can't see how being constantly turned down can lead to his despising someone? Tell me, from your perspective, how would he be acting in the alternative? Just curious how you see this situation with Dr. Psycho. As far as I've read, Dr. Psycho hasn't raped or killed numerous people; I can't find it anywhere in publication.
    He doesn't despise someone. He despises all women, because of a handful of women turning him down. What did these women owe him? Nothing. He has no reason to hate them; they simply were not interested romantically in him. And you're saying that all of his bad experiences with women excuses him from going around and killing, raping, and torturing them?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    So, if he only murdered and raped on a small scale, it's okay?
    And there's a difference between "needing a shoulder to rest on" and "turning into a supervillain" whose whole stick is that he hates women and tries to make them suffer.
    You don't like Psycho being compared to the Joker, but guess what? The Joker too has been "broken" .He had a pregnant wife and he life he lost because of extreme bad luck, scarring him for life and turning him to crime. That sill makes him a complete monster and a lunatic.
    Psycho has real problems that can NOT be cured by having the high school prom profess eternal love to him so she can "fix him". This isn't Twilight. This is not how that kind of behaviour works, and that's the basis for quite a number of abusive relationships.
    It's not ok on a small scale, I'm just bringing it into perspective.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Flatman View Post
    He's done less than Orion? Please elaborate, because last I checked, Orion hasn't raped anybody.

He doesn't despise someone. He despises all women, because of a handful of women turning him down. What did these women owe him? Nothing. He has no reason to hate them; they simply were not interested romantically in him. And you're saying that all of his bad experiences with women excuses him from going around and killing, raping, and torturing them?
    Well, it's not a handful, it's every woman he's come into contact with, save a single woman who was playing him for kicks; that's a type of mocking too; Dr. Psycho only had a single spell or two where he tortured or killed; just bringing it into perspective compared to other DC characters; I still didn't catch where you cannot make a logical connection.

Spadassin Extraordinaire Auguste Dupin's Avatar

It's not ok on a small scale, I'm just bringing it into perspective.
    Okay. Let me bring it into another perspective, then.
    Dr Psycho is a rapist and a murderer. His "freudian excuse" is unconvincing at best, and the proof of a rampant misoginy that was always there at worst (seriously, when you would rather misblame that one person that tried to help you and go on to hate all women rather than getting revenge on the person actually responsible, you have issues that have nothing to do with your "excuse").
    Why on Earth would Wonder Woman (or anyone sane, really) ever fall for that creep, again? And don't say pity. Love, true love, can't come from pity. Ever.
    I will feel like pointing out that Diana can try help that guy without having to fall in love with him.
    Hold those chains, Clark Kent
    Bear the weight on your shoulders
    Stand firm. Take the pain.

BANNED

Okay. Let me bring it into another perspective, then.
    Dr Psycho is a rapist and a murderer. His "freudian excuse" is unconvincing at best, and the proof of a rampant misoginy that was always there at worst (seriously, when you would rather misblame that one person that tried to help you and go on to hate all women rather than getting revenge on the person actually responsible, you have issues that have nothing to do with your "excuse").
    Why on Earth would Wonder Woman (or anyone sane, really) ever fall for that creep, again? And don't say pity. Love, true love, can't come from pity. Ever.
    I will feel like pointing out that Diana can try help that guy without having to fall in love with him.
    Well, as far as I've read, Dr. Psycho hasn't physically raped anyone; Wonder Woman is about reform and redemption; that basis is my logical connection.

Well, as far as I've read, Dr. Psycho hasn't physically raped anyone; Wonder Woman is about reform and redemption; that basis is my logical connection.
    Damn, if she has to enter into a relationship with every guy she's trying to "reform", she will never see the end of it (of change boyfriends so fast it will completely undo her "work" to rehabilitate them).
    And yeah, like mindraping people is any better (hell, arguably, it's even worse).

BANNED

Damn, if she has to enter into a relationship with every guy she's trying to "reform", she will never see the end of it (of change boyfriends so fast it will completely undo her "work" to rehabilitate them).
    And yeah, like mindraping people is any better (hell, arguably, it's even worse).
    Not every guy, just this one special exception that is Dr. Psycho, and on a temporary basis; at least, just friends.

Not every guy, just this one special exception that is Dr. Psycho, and on a temporary basis; at least, just friends.
    And why does Dr Psycho "deserves" a special case? He's not the only homicidal maniac that could need some love.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Its plenty fair for Wonder Woman fans who don't want to see her portrayed fickle and/or passed around like a hot potato between male Justice Leaguers. And Batman will live if one woman doesn't want him.

I know when everything takes place, I simply meant that Johns could have been adding a bit of foreshadowing to their relationship going sour like we know its going to.
    Really they only showed only one time WW in love with batman and they never showed the development. Bm/WW deserve much more than smww the benefit of doubt.
    Also we wouldn't have this talk about her passing around in the league if she was a men. I think this says more about the reader than the anything else.

Johns foreshadowning wasn't necessary and end up making Batman looks bad and out of character.

In fact when it's reverse it's always the woman's fault. I recall some people calling Diana a cruel bitch for ending things with Steve. But the more skirt a guy has ( saylike batman) if he ends things every time...it's not bad. He's just doing to protect them.
    Batman doesn't end because they are fragile beings and after end up the relationship goes and makes out with the first women with superpowers
    Last edited by Blacksun; 05-28-2014 at 10:30 AM.

BANNED

And why does Dr Psycho "deserves" a special case? He's not the only homicidal maniac that could need some love.
    Dr. Psycho isn't homicidal, particularly in the sense that Joker is homicidal.