Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Spadassin Extraordinaire Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dshipp17 View Post
    Dr. Psycho isn't homicidal, particularly in the sense that Joker is homicidal.
    Huh.....yes he is. He killed people: he's homicidal.
    He may (or may not) have killed less people than the Joker, but at least Joker is an equal opportunity type of monster.
    Hold those chains, Clark Kent
    Bear the weight on your shoulders
    Stand firm. Take the pain.

The idea in fiction that a relationship can turn around a troubled character's life is kind of revolting to me. Why? I believe in real life, there are lonely people who see a relationship as a panacea that will fix their problems, when in reality it turns out not only to be a band-aid, but also something that creates a new set of potential issues that the person probably isn't prepared to handle. It's a message that makes me think of a guy who's naive, and possibly high on drugs, repeating the Beatles and saying "all I need is love..." Yeah, not even close.

So like Batman's Talia, or Superman's Maxima, it probably would be okay if Wonder Woman had a character in her mythos whom she was attracted to despite his having some immoral/amoral alignment issues. However, until said character actually turned a leaf, and turned it for good, it would be limited to some sort of attraction, motivated by there being a glimmer of hope for that character. There's just no good reason why any of the top heroes would be attracted to an irredeemable, sick mofo.

BANNED

The thing is that most of people in these kind of relationships think they can redeem and doesn't give up on the person easily. of course we are talking about fiction that the writer has control over it.

I think is really hard for WW has a love interest that isn't so good or really flawed, just look the Orion case. Most guys think she has to date the good guy because he is a good guy. I really doubt she will have a spicy relationship like for example captain hook and emma from once upon a time.

Dr. Psycho isn't homicidal, particularly in the sense that Joker is homicidal.
    You do realize in his first appearance, he killed thousands of people in an ammunitions warehouse, he killed Marva's husband Bradley, and he killed Steve Trevor's secretary Lila Brown? That's Joker levels of homicidal.

Anyway, back to the topic... I don't like WW/Orion simply because of Orion's recent portrayal. I do think they're on the right track, though... if Orion had not slapped her ass, I might like the pairing. At the same time, Steve will always be her one true love for me.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    I recall some people calling Diana a cruel bitch for ending things with Steve.
    I thought Diana was unfair to fire Steve so that the distance could ensure that he wouldn't get hurt despite the fact that Steve was willing to take on the risk and was good at what he did. Still, I understood why Diana did what she did, and I give her credit for her noble intentions. So while I would never say she was a cruel bitch, I would say that it wasn't a decision I felt completely comfortable with. This wasn't when Diana ended things with Steve, though. I don't believe we ever saw their actual break up. From what I can gather, she broke up with him because despite loving him in her heart, she wasn't ready to express that love to Steve or get closer to him either because of her inexperience with relationships, because she was afraid they'd both end up hurt, or both. I suppose in some ways that could be considered cruel -- to deny someone the knowledge that they are loved and to be with the person they love -- but not in a way that would make me see her as a bitch.

It's hard to believe that you can't make a logical connection; you can't see how being constantly turned down can lead to his despising someone? Tell me, from your perspective, how would he be acting in the alternative? Just curious how you see this situation with Dr. Psycho. As far as I've read, Dr. Psycho hasn't raped or killed numerous people; I can't find it anywhere in publication.
    1. He forced Marva to marry him and he was in love with her. With marriage comes sex, and since he forced her into it, that's rape.

2. He mind raped an infant in the womb. It's hard to find anyone sicker than that, and he did it for the sheer joy and ecstasy (I believe he described the whole experience with the mother and baby as 'orgasmic').

Here's the thing you're missing - he has raped and he has killed, but he gets his twisted jollies by psychically torturing people (see mom, baby, Vanessa) because he quite literally gets off on it.

And meaning no offense, but in all my years as a fan, both online and off, I have never once seen anyone but you propose these two as a romantic couple or even as friends. Could you please link to any message/blog (other than your own) supporting the idea that 'others want to see this'?

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flatman View Post
    You do realize in his first appearance, he killed thousands of people in an ammunitions warehouse, he killed Marva's husband Bradley, and he killed Steve Trevor's secretary Lila Brown? That's Joker levels of homicidal.

Anyway, back to the topic... I don't like WW/Orion simply because of Orion's recent portrayal. I do think they're on the right track, though... if Orion had not slapped her ass, I might like the pairing. At the same time, Steve will always be her one true love for me.

That's exactly how I feel about Orion as well. I don't like how he's treated Wonder Woman in the New 52 by sexually harassing her. He's certainly still a better match for Diana than Dr. Psycho though. While I'm enjoying the romance Diana has with Superman at the moment, I hope that once it's over, she gets back together with Steve and stays with him.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Okay, I've finally seen a scan of the page we're all talking about, and really? People are getting that Batman is IN LOVE with Diana from him saying "We've known each other for a long time?"

How does that come across as a profession of love? He said he can connect to Diana through her lasso because he'd known her a long time. He has, indeed, known Diana for about five years. Unless it was officially stated that ONLY someone who is in love with Diana can connect with her through the lasso, then I'm looking squarely at this cigar........and yep! That is just a cigar.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Okay, I've finally seen a scan of the page we're all talking about, and really? People are getting that Batman is IN LOVE with Diana from him saying "We've known each other for a long time?"

How does that come across as a profession of love? He said he can connect to Diana through her lasso because he'd known her a long time. He has, indeed, known Diana for about five years. Unless it was officially stated that ONLY someone who is in love with Diana can connect with her through the lasso, then I'm looking squarely at this cigar........and yep! That is just a cigar.
    Did you see both pages? The first one explains how communicating through the lasso works, and it's stated that one needs a strong emotional connection, and it worked for Steve because he was still in love with her.

I'd agree that it's still unclear what Batman feels, but just like you can't rule it in that Batman has similar feelings, you can't rule it out, either. As a result, CONTROVERSY!
    Last edited by DochaDocha; 05-28-2014 at 01:33 PM. Reason: punctuation

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flatman View Post

Yeah Azzarello's Orion is pretty lame. Or else I might have been open to this pairing.

BANNED

it was subtitle, not so much subtitle. Steve was able to have a connection with her because he loved her. Jonn never said the reason of why he have the connection, batman gives a half answer and catwoman asks him and is suspicious. Newsarama and DC comics blog picked on that.

Orion isn't a example of chilvary, yet. But he genuinely likes her, I can't expect from his upbring, he knowing how to express this healthly

Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    Yeah Azzarello's Orion is pretty lame. Or else I might have been open to this pairing.
    if by lame you mean, the best the character had after kirby and Simonson yeah...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Hmm someone help me out here. I am sure I read somewhere Geoff Johns said WW breaks hearts. Did I imagine that?

As far as men admiring her. She is Diana and I suppose most guys would be attracted to her. I am sure along with Orion we could add Hal Jordan as being attracted. But I think that is where it should end. These are her allies and there should be a level of respect for her character by the writers. Diana does not have to be dragged into anything with them, especially if she is in a relationship. Creating more triangles and quadrangles (Steve and Selina are caught up in this now) is bad writing and not how I want to see Diana as the one who breaks hearts because she's beautiful and heroic. Steve is the only one who has real cause to feel something deep because he had a relationship. She and Batman as far as I see are not even close.
    Well, neither were she and Super an until Justice League #12.

Sort of adds a new perspective to the panel where he first sees them kissing in Smallville in JL#14, doesn't it?

Not to mention the batarang through the electronic billboard in SM/WW.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Selina then asks him if that's all it is. Batman says nothing. He could have said "yes, that's all." But - oops! He's holding the lasso and can't lie.
    Last edited by brettc1; 05-28-2014 at 01:53 PM.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Selina then asks him if that's all it is. Batman says nothing. He could have said "yes, that's all." But - oops! He's holding the lasso and can't lie.
    Batman ALWAYS gets cryptic with people. He can't tell Selina how he really feels about HER, for crying out loud.

Batman refused to answer a personal question? Be still my heart! That NEVER happens!
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Extraordinary Member

Batman ALWAYS gets cryptic with people. He can't tell Selina how he really feels about HER, for crying out loud.
    Maybe because he's nursing a bat-crush on Diana.

The scene is pretty suspicious. Steve is supposed to be able to use the lasso to reach Diana because she's the love of his life, but Batman can do the same thing because he's known her a while and kinda likes her?

I'm wondering what Diana's suspects.
    Last edited by brettc1; 05-28-2014 at 03:11 PM.