Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    affable sidekick material ScruffyLovin's Avatar

Default Wolverine #5 Discussion *SPOILERS*

I actually really liked this issue. The art was awesome, and it was interesting to see Wolvie through Pinch's eyes. She's kinda skeptical about him and I like that.
    They didn't do the tattoo thing in a stupid way, IMHO, and I really liked how it was explained, with the artist being a mutant and seeing what ink is right for the client. But the Rose representing Rose from Logan's childhood was expected, and I think it's more than just her being his first love and all. I hope the penciler (can't find his name ATM) does more issues in the future if Stegman isn't around.
    Also, Thor is still annoying.

BANNED

This issue was hard to look at. Ugh, come back Davis! ;__;

I'll be picking this up tomorrow. Glad to hear it was good. Really excited for Pete Wisdom and MI13 in #6 though.

BANNED

First pretty much everybody knows the "because you're Scott Summers *BACKSLAP*" genius hiding spot but don't really care, then it comes out Quitty might've actually left due to Logan losing it, now SHIELD has no clue about Madripooria but MI-13's on top of everything.

They just need to give Cornell Uncanny to fix next.
    Last edited by RoguishGurl; 04-30-2014 at 08:50 PM.

BANNED

Does the fact that they're killing him make anyone else really not care what they do with him up to that point?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Egg View Post
    Does the fact that they're killing him make anyone else really not care what they do with him up to that point?
    It's more the fact that they're killing him and the guy who's writing it flat out said you don't NEED to be reading this run in order to know what's going on.

BANNED

I think the relaunch sucking is what made me not care. Cornell nailed the classic volume but this one's a mess. idk if even Pete Wisdom can save it.

Quote Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
    I think the relaunch sucking is what made me not care. Cornell nailed the classic volume but this one's a mess. idk if even Pete Wisdom can save it.
    It's mostly the pacing. We had three issues to start, where we were led to believe Logan had gone rogue, a fourth to go, "PSYCH!" and then this fifth one, where he gets a tattoo and has an irrelevant bar fight wish a drunken Thor (which he also just did today in the Uncanny Avengers Annual, so... that's hardly breaking huge ground).

5 issues of what will probably be a 12-15 issue run, used to establish what the new status quo is, when it will only be rebooted again a year from now, after "Death of Wolverine". That... seems like a lot of time wasted with folks like Offer and Pinch that could have been spent in better ways.

BANNED

Remender apparently does.

Fantastic Member Bslythegamerguy's Avatar

I loved this issue. I loved how it was told through Pinch's character and how the interactions between the 3 main focal points went, and then there was the poker game with Thor and all hell broke lose. Man, this was up there as one of my favorite issues of the series and except for issue #3 I'd say this book has been absolutely stellar so far. I do have to wonder if they'll keep this book going when Wolverine dies or if it'll remain around until he comes back similar to Superman back in the day when he died and returned. Time shall tell, I suppose.

Great issue with a great plot and wonderful art, kudo's to the Wolvie creative team!

BANNED

Does anyone feel as though the female attached to Logan in this run is none other than mystique?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by EterenalPsylocke View Post
    Does anyone feel as though the female attached to Logan in this run is none other than mystique?
    I keep thinking it's Dani and then feel grossed out.

I am among those having trouble caring. I would like to point out Cornell might have put in a hint to how Logan's death is going to go in this issue. Pinch mentions Logan is sing Atlantic City by Springsteen in this issue. The choirus of this song is, "Everything dies baby, thats a fact. But maybe everything that dies one day comes back." Very well chosen song about a guy and his troubles with the mob. Also included is the line "I got debts that no honest man could pay."

Fantastic Member Bslythegamerguy's Avatar

I don't think it's Mystique and if it turns out being her I'll be let down because I really like Pinch and the crew. I'm hoping we see more of this wonderful cast down the road and that they don't just fade away after this Wolverine run is over.

found it average compared to orgin II 5