Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by emac1790 View Post
    Here's a comment from zariusii off of that site, (I have AdBlock so, I don't give a damn about his site hits)

Contrast that to CBR, where he knows he has no filter, has favoritism from the mods, has seasoned trolls like Cyberhubbs, Prof Warren, Jimishim etc echoing his attitudes with similar bait and snark, and he just goes nuts, pointing out his sales sucess but doing so in a cattier manner, telling people to “stop” forming their own opinions on how they see the book going (he apparently has never heard of “death of the author”, where as Spider-Gwen’s author Jason Latoure HAS and actually ENCOURAGES it) and of course tries to character assassinate the people who have given his books a chance for eight years running and frequently come out of the experience as dissatisfied customers. People like Mike (aka Stillanerd) are the audience Dan dreads will steadily multiply, as they are, so he tries to shop around trying to recruit as many new readers as possible before they become the “cranky vets” who see through the sheer shock of the new and see and now expect the same old song.

Hmmm. Isn't that odd. Cheesedique posts a picture from that site here and now that site is speaking about this thread.

and also this...

Douglas Ernst
    July 5, 2015 at 1:58 pm
    Thanks for taking the time read and comment, Cheesedique. There was a part of me that wanted to register and comment on CBR yesterday, but years ago it was made clear that tactfully defending myself when Dan Slott throws personal attacks my way was somehow off limits. I wanted to find a way to digitally shake your hand, so your comment allows me to do so now. Again, good stuff.

It was a sheer pleasure to watch someone a.) dismantle Dan Slott’s run on ASM in a clear and concise way, and b.) call him out on his diversionary tactics.

I’m surprised his buddy Mr. Mets didn’t find an excuse to step in and stop the beat-down. Anyone who can expose Dan Slott’s giant logical fallacy smoke screen gets three cheers in my book.

i don’t think he understands what “death of the author "actually is. or a troll.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Well, I like Dan Slott and that's all that really matters to me

Honestly, it doesn't matter who the writer is, there will always be a vocal minority of people who hate what is going on right now.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    Well, I like Dan Slott and that's all that really matters to me

Honestly, it doesn't matter who the writer is, there will always be a vocal minority of people who hate what is going on right now.
    For sure. It happens all the time.. Everything always used to be better, until the new thing comes out, and then the new thing sucks and the old, previously bad thing becomes underrated and great. Some people just hate popular things, some people have so much of their identity tied into being different or more refined or "having high standards" that they cannot like the current popular thing.

BANNED

That is so damn cool.

And a little creepy. But cool.

Like, does this Zauris wanna be my arch-nemesis? I've never had one of those.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    i don’t think he understands what “death of the author "actually is. or a troll.
    I wonder if he keeps files on us? Oh my god, is he watching us right now?

Saucers are just snooty plates!

I wanna be your lover... emac1790's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    That is so damn cool.

And a little creepy. But cool.

I'm on that site now. I'm having a ball.

That's not sarcasm, either.
    What U putting in your nose?
    Is that where all your money goes (Is that where your money goes)
    The river of addiction flows
    U think it's hot, but there won't be no water
    When the fire blows

First they came for the mutants, and I said nothing. Then they came for the chickens, and still I said nothing... -cyberhubbs

probs. pettiness has a lot of mileage. martyrdom too.

i just wish he’d kept a file on roland barthes.

Quote Originally Posted by emac1790 View Post
    I'm on that site now. I'm having a ball.

That's not sarcasm, either.
    I read through the site and it was fun if not creepy but every blog started with a false premise. If I were Slott it would drive me insane

I wanna be your lover... emac1790's Avatar

You're only as good as your villains.

What I'm saying is, aim higher.
    What U putting in your nose?
    Is that where all your money goes (Is that where your money goes)
    The river of addiction flows
    U think it's hot, but there won't be no water
    When the fire blows

First they came for the mutants, and I said nothing. Then they came for the chickens, and still I said nothing... -cyberhubbs

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesedique View Post
    Yeah, that's right. It's all a vast, shadowy network of online posters operating to undermine Dan Slott.
    Seems to be failing.

As a geophysicist, let me tell you what the craziest thing on that page ACTUALLY is: the phrase "seal the ozone layer." DAFUQ?
    I write about the intersection of science, comics and culture. Check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    Seems to be failing.

As a geophysicist, let me tell you what the craziest thing on that page ACTUALLY is: the phrase "seal the ozone layer." DAFUQ?
    dog, dude. it’s probably haiku.

The dude that runs that blog has way too much time on his hands and a scarily impressive imagination.

I'm kind of speechless.

-Pav, who... um...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.

You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."

--------------------

Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Incredible Member Highland Chicken's Avatar

This is some next level sh*t in this thread, I can't really tell what it's about any.more.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Highland Chicken View Post
    This is some next level sh*t in this thread, I can't really tell what it's about any.more.
    Unearthing the truth about a shadowy network of online posters who really, really like a married Spider-Man buuut not so much North Korea.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    The dude that runs that blog has way too much time on his hands and a scarily impressive imagination.

I'm kind of speechless.

-Pav, who... um...

I feel like this isn't the first time we've run across Mr. Ernst.

Just can't remember the reason for last time. Oh wait! It was Peter crying while Otto erased the memories of his loved ones during their mind-fight.