Page 67 of 139 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 2081

Last edited by Trevel8182; 11-14-2014 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevel8182 View Post
    Like this image a lot. Simple but very effective. Where was it posted?

SFX GOTG 2 Wishlist.jpg

SFX in the UK asked readers their wish list for Guardians of the Galaxy 2. Rich is on the top five hit list!

Quote Originally Posted by Trevel8182 View Post
    Thanks for posting this in the Blue Blazes thread! Art is by Al Whincup who is doing the opening chapter for the next big arc for Nova619 for the 2015 5th anniversary season. I can say the pages are superb! I'm sure you'll enjoy seeing Classic Nova back - -even if its just a fan comic. And good news for those that voted in the recent poll at Nova Prime Page. With a great 252 votes out of 386 participants - the fan site is here to stay online so thanks to anyone who came from CBR that took part!

Looks like Richard Rider won't be appearing in the Guardians of the Galaxy franchise anytime soon. James Gunn wants Peter Quill to be the only relatable Earth character (even though he's only half-human)

http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/con...n-says-no-nova

Quote Originally Posted by pinoypanzer View Post
    Looks like Richard Rider won't be appearing in the Guardians of the Galaxy franchise anytime soon. James Gunn wants Peter Quill to be the only relatable Earth character (even though he's only half-human)

http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/con...n-says-no-nova
    Yeah, I don't think Gunn has the same connection to RR that he had with Quill, I don't think he made any secret about that. Gunn's all about propping up the little guy, the underdog that nobody thinks can get things done. Considering what he read and fell in love with was the Giffen/DnA era stuff and the fact that Rich was nearly all powerful by this time and the GotG (Quill in particular) were usually WAY out powered, outgunned, and in over their heads it's not too hard to see what he a graduate of the Troma film-verse (the most under of all underdogs) would relate to the most.

At his Dragoncon panel I attended earlier this year he stated that he wants to basically jump start the cosmic landscape and plant the seeds for more cosmic films in the future, if it leads to a solo Nova, Captain Marvel, or Inhumans film so be it. He just wants those to happen organically and not pull a FoX-Men and just check-mark all these characters off a list, it simply wouldn't do them any justice. They deserve better than that. As for him personally he's sticking to GotG all the way, he doesn't want anyone else from earth at all in his films, not Tony Stark, not Bruce Banner and sadly not Richard Rider. But that doesn't mean another director couldn't do a Nova Film or TV series. I for one would love a Nova (Rich of course) Netflix series if a movie isn't in the cards. If this new wave of street hero TV shows can make it big then you can bet Marvel will look to cosmic for the next wave of programs. Too many street heroes will get stale fast but tossing in a solid sci-fi action comedy featuring Rich with support from his pal Cosmo (as seen in the GotG film) would keep things fresh and frikin' epic!

So for now Rich may not come to life on the silver screen very soon but Star Hawk, Warlock, Moondragon, etc are all still in play. It's bitter sweet but as long as the quality is up to par then we may eventually get them ALL on screen. Also, I gotta believe that a Lanning penned Nova series would help the cause for a film/TV series immensely. Gunn loves the work of Lanning and Abnett and they both love Richie, so re-uniting at least one of them with a character they loved writing so much will bring even more A+ cosmic material to the table for Gunn or any other film makers to draw inspiration from. The movie may be out of reach but a comic? Marvel can make that happen TOMORROW.

Quote Originally Posted by Superkreep View Post
    Yeah, I don't think Gunn has the same connection to RR that he had with Quill, I don't think he made any secret about that. Gunn's all about propping up the little guy, the underdog that nobody thinks can get things done. Considering what he read and fell in love with was the Giffen/DnA era stuff and the fact that Rich was nearly all powerful by this time and the GotG (Quill in particular) were usually WAY out powered, outgunned, and in over their heads it's not too hard to see what he a graduate of the Troma film-verse (the most under of all underdogs) would relate to the most.

At his Dragoncon panel I attended earlier this year he stated that he wants to basically jump start the cosmic landscape and plant the seeds for more cosmic films in the future, if it leads to a solo Nova, Captain Marvel, or Inhumans film so be it. He just wants those to happen organically and not pull a FoX-Men and just check-mark all these characters off a list, it simply wouldn't do them any justice. They deserve better than that. As for him personally he's sticking to GotG all the way, he doesn't want anyone else from earth at all in his films, not Tony Stark, not Bruce Banner and sadly not Richard Rider. But that doesn't mean another director couldn't do a Nova Film or TV series. I for one would love a Nova (Rich of course) Netflix series if a movie isn't in the cards. If this new wave of street hero TV shows can make it big then you can bet Marvel will look to cosmic for the next wave of programs. Too many street heroes will get stale fast but tossing in a solid sci-fi action comedy featuring Rich with support from his pal Cosmo (as seen in the GotG film) would keep things fresh and frikin' epic!

So for now Rich may not come to life on the silver screen very soon but Star Hawk, Warlock, Moondragon, etc are all still in play. It's bitter sweet but as long as the quality is up to par then we may eventually get them ALL on screen. Also, I gotta believe that a Lanning penned Nova series would help the cause for a film/TV series immensely. Gunn loves the work of Lanning and Abnett and they both love Richie, so re-uniting at least one of them with a character they loved writing so much will bring even more A+ cosmic material to the table for Gunn or any other film makers to draw inspiration from. The movie may be out of reach but a comic? Marvel can make that happen TOMORROW.
    Well, just because Richard Rider was extremely amped up during DnA's run it doesn't mean he would have to also be powered up for the movies.

Nevertheless, I agree that as long as the quality of the characters and movies are excellent then it's forgivable. If a director doesn't want to use a certain character it may be for the best for all parties involved. I also agree that it shouldn't be just a checklist since the time used cramming characters can be used for telling a better story.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=24837

Holy Flark!

This is awesome! Great choice of an existing character too.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post

Holy Flark!

It's nice to see Rider's bloodline continuing to lead the Corps over the centuries. Rael Rider? I hope this means every single decent of Richard had a double alliteration or a dick joke name, that would be hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post

Holy Flark!

Holy hell!

RAEL RIDER?!!!!

NICE!!!!!!!!!!

See?
    Somebody still cares about Richie....and who better than one the Godfathers of Modern cosmic to carry on his legacy?
    G3K baby!