Page 1 of 139 123451151101 ... LastLast

Default Blueblazes, I'm Awesome!!! Nova Corps Appreciation

FOR THE NOVA CORPS

This thread is dedicated to The Champions of Xandar and the only Guardians the Galaxy needs the Nova Corps.

The Man Called Nova Richard Rider The Human Rocket Leader of The Nova Corps

The Black Nova Samuel Alexander The Sentinel of The Stars.

Nova Prime Page
    http://novaprimepage.com/
    Nova Prime Devinart Page
    http://novaprime.deviantart.com/

RECOMMENDED READING

-The Man Called Nova #1-25
    -Amazing Spider-Man #171
    -Marvel Two-In-One Annual #3
    -Defenders #62-64
    -Daredevil #142
    -Fantastic Four #206, 208-209, 212, 214
    -Rom the Spaceknight #24
    -Avengers #260
    -The Mighty Thor #411-412
    -New Warriors vol.1, Annual #1-4
    -Infinity Gauntlet
    -Nova vol.2 #1-18
    -Nova vol.5 #1-28
    -Thunderbolts #1, 8, 10, 25, 56-57
    -Nova, The Human Rocket vol. 3
    -New Warriors vol.2 #0-10
    -She Hulk vol.2 #3
    -Marvel Now Point Now #1
    -Original Sin #0
    -Axis #1-3
    -New Warriors vol. 3 #1-6
    -Annihilation: Nova, Annihilation #1-6
    -Nova: The Origin of Richard Rider
    -Nova vol.4 #1-36
    -Annihilation Conquest #1-6
    -Guardians of the Galaxy vol.2 #1
    -I Am An Avenger #2-3
    -Secret Avengers #1-4
    -Realm of Kings #1-8
    -The Thanos Imperative: Ignition #1, The Thanos Imperative #1-6
    -Guardians of the Galaxy vol.3 #5,6,8,18-20
    Last edited by Trevel8182; 11-04-2014 at 07:46 PM.

BANNED

Didn't think I'd like Sam at first, but now I can't get enough of the little guy.
    He has the wit of Silver Age Hal Jordan and it's wonderful.

Yeah, I'm really digging Sam's book right now. Loeb did his thing, it plodded, wevs. Wells had fun. But Duggan has been really great. And Beta Ray Bill! I really look forward to every issue.

the-fantastic-four-205.jpg

Just got the first appearance of the Corps today.

Who is everyones favorite non rider or alexander corpsman ?

Mine is Ko Rel..she was awesome

I always liked how Qubit looked.

NOVA CORPS

the Nova Corps is the latest in a long line of Xandarian Warriors powered by the mysterious Nova Force which makes these warriors exceptionally powerful and was brought back by Queen Adora Dey and her husband Tanak Valt during there rule. This time as a super soldier, space militia, and exploration division of the Xandarian army, that originate from the planet Xandar who follow three prime directives, (1.Defend the Xandarian Civilization (2.Protect and safeguard the Xandarian Worldmind (3.Maintain and defend galactic peace. Which is lead by Queen Adora Dey's brother Prince Rhomann Dey of Xandar and The Xandarian Hive Mind intelligence known as the World Mind which contains and distributes the the Nova Force. This energy force provides powers like the ability of flight, super strength, a connection to the World Mind itself, as well as many, many other ability's. Those who are more experienced are able to tab into more powers like the ability to open stargates, energy blasts and the release of a brief electromagnetic static burst. Under Rhomann and guided by the Xandarian World Mind, the Nova Corps evolved into an intergalactic peace-keeping force and recruited beings from other worlds into its ranks.

Rank: Corpsman: The first level of the Nova Corps. These Corps have just graduated from the Space Academy.

Rank: Millenian:The next level in the Nova Corps. They possess half the power of a Centurion and still cannot fly by their own.

Rank: Denarian: The third level of the Nova Corps. They possess 75% of the Nova Force compared to next rank and they have the possibility to fly and more force and power compared to the previous ranks.

Rank: Centurion: The elite rank of the Nova Corps. They have total access to the Nova Force and command the rest of the Corps.

Rank: Prime: The Leader of the Nova Corps, commands the entire Nova Corps including the World Mind itself and only takes orders from the Xandarian royal family, The have all the ability's of the other ranks and more. The Nova Prime level of the Nova Force puts the Nova Prime on the level of the entire Corps or other powerful cosmic beings like Thanos and the Silver Surfer.

Xandar

Xandar, is a watery planet in the Tranta System of the Andromeda Galaxy. Xandar is home to the humanoid Xandarian people and the legendary Nova Corps, a space militia turned interstellar law enforcement and peacekeeping organization that has protected the Universe for generations.
    Xandar was almost completely destroyed by the Zorr The Annihilator, but was saved by the timely intervention of the Watcher. Uatu then assisted the Xandarians in creating a network of interconnected domed cities out of the largest remaining pieces of the planet.
    The planet is nearly destroyed again by the Skrulls. Later still Nebula destroyed the planet, massacring the Xandarians and the Nova Corps. The Nova Corps were resurrected by Richard Rider, a new Centurion who used the Nova Force power to reboot the Xandarian Worldmind which proceeded to clone the dead Xandarians including Queen Adora Dey.
    Later, after a mysterious attack on the Kyln, Xandar once again called upon all of the Nova Corps to investigate, only to be hit by the Annihilation Wave. Despite the fact that it has been destroyed many times Xandar always endured.

Nova Force

The Nova Force is a mysterious source of blue energy first harnessed by a race of humanoid extraterrestrials known as the Xandarians. This energy is monitored by the Xandarian Worldmind. Similar to the Power Cosmic, it is a near-limitless energy source and has many ill-defined capabilities, though its primary power appears to be the ability to manipulate gravity fields.
    Members of the Nova Corps are invested with a small portion of the Nova Force, which is the source of their abilities. The basic abilities of a Nova Corpsman include gravimetric flight, endurance, super strength, super speed, reduced need for oxygen, healing factor, reduced need for food/water, gravimetric shield generation, and as well as the power to absorb energies directed at them and release it as gravimetric beams and pulses, either from single parts of them or from there entire bodies surface.
    It's been implied that different ranks of Nova Corps officers control different amounts of the Nova Force, with the current Nova Prime controlling the largest amount and leading the Corps.
    Last edited by Trevel8182; 07-06-2014 at 12:10 PM.

Got to say Nova is one of my favourite characters, and I am really enjoying Sam's books!

BANNED

All this stuff with Sam is quite the nice read indeed.

Well, always been a Kyle Rayner fan and even if he really has nothing in common in terms of personalty with Sam i like the "i'm the new guy/last one of the corps" feeling they share. (well, for Kyle it was back in the 90's)

Quote Originally Posted by THANOSRULES View Post
    Who is everyones favorite non rider or alexander corpsman ?

Mine is Ko Rel..she was awesome
    Totally! hopefully her and Zam show up eventually

Quote Originally Posted by T.S. View Post

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Samedi View Post
    All this stuff with Sam is quite the nice read indeed.

Well, always been a Kyle Rayner fan and even if he really has nothing in common in terms of personalty with Sam i like the "i'm the new guy/last one of the corps" feeling they share. (well, for Kyle it was back in the 90's)
    As a Kyle fan, I can see SOME of the similarities.
    I too like the legacy that has to live up to someone big... although Sam technically isn't a legacy.

I've really enjoyed Sam's story, but I also miss Richie. I'm hoping between Sam's hunt for his father and the promise that while learn how Peter Quill escaped the Cancerverse in Legendary Star Lord, Rider will make it back to the 616. I would love to see Marvel take a lead from DC's Green Lantern and Green Lantern Corps titles for multiple Nova books. We can keep Sam as Nova for the New Warriors (because it would be creepy to have Rich Rider hanging out with a bunch of adolescents), but we could also pay attention as Richard rebuilds the Corps (and maybe this time doesn't completely de-power it just to sacrifice himself). I would read both those books